• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Lotto #16

I was thinking $5 a stick, but that could be MSRP and not necessarily going rate. I'm open to any thoughts. I have some folks proofing my proposal for the next Lotto. I should have it ready to go soon. :thumbs:

As for lotto winnings... man, I got the gamut on the last one. Some folks were more than generous while others pretty much stayed to the letter of the rules.

In any case, I got a whole lot o' stoges to try. :D

fllbrent said:
how about a $3/per stick requirement? (base on JR's or some other large online retailer?)
That sounds good. Now to clear it up this means that if you buy a box of 20 cigars the price is at least $60. That is a $3 stick. If you go to your local shop and pick out a $3 stick you are actually probably buying a $1.50 stick by JR, CI, or Holt prices to list a few. hope this helps.

vewyphishy said:
I don't mean to be a stickler, but can we set some definitive guidelines as to what kind of sticks should be sent? Are we talking mid-range? Premiums? Dog sticks?

I just think it would be fair for everyone to follow the same guidelines. There's always a couple of guys who send some really nice stuff. A few guys who send good stuff. And a few guys who send stuff that make you frow your eyebrows.

I don't think its fair for someone who pays out really well every lotto to get cigars that aren't up to snuff as winnings. The same can be said for those who pay out poorly every lotto winning really good sticks.

If need be, I'd be happy to set the appropriate guidelines for these lotteries.
Uh oh. I hope my last package didn't incite this post :0 ! (I sent dog rockets :( ). But I sent them on top of (not in place of) the 2 mid-line sticks. I was doing a little spring cleaning and a couple of rockets wound up in Triple's package. ;)

blair said:
vewyphishy said:
I don't mean to be a stickler, but can we set some definitive guidelines as to what kind of sticks should be sent? Are we talking mid-range? Premiums? Dog sticks?

I just think it would be fair for everyone to follow the same guidelines. There's always a couple of guys who send some really nice stuff. A few guys who send good stuff. And a few guys who send stuff that make you frow your eyebrows.

I don't think its fair for someone who pays out really well every lotto to get cigars that aren't up to snuff as winnings. The same can be said for those who pay out poorly every lotto winning really good sticks.

If need be, I'd be happy to set the appropriate guidelines for these lotteries.
Uh oh. I hope my last package didn't incite this post :0 ! (I sent dog rockets :( ). But I sent them on top of (not in place of) the 2 mid-line sticks. I was doing a little spring cleaning and a couple of rockets wound up in Triple's package. ;)
Huh? I've never won. Wish I did :p Yeah I'm a strong believer that after you put in the 2 sticks to pay the lotto you can throw in as many rockets as padding as you like. That is just a little bonus. As long as the 2 are there all is fine.

Hey Blair if you want me to I'll smoke your rockets :0 :p J/K

Triple_D said:
Huh? I've never won. Wish I did :p Yeah I'm a strong believer that after you put in the 2 sticks to pay the lotto you can throw in as many rockets as padding as you like. That is just a little bonus. As long as the 2 are there all is fine.

Hey Blair if you want me to I'll smoke your rockets :0 :p J/K
Oops. I didn't mean you. I meant to say Vewyphishy.

fllbrent said:
Well since I'm in Group A :lookup: I'll have to smoke the sticks myself :0 :p
Sounds like a plan to me! Everyone wins! :thumbs:

So is group A a complete wash? How did that happen? Anyway... congrats to geldor1, you s.o.b. :p Rockets are loading and preparing for departure. :D
DC 01038555749202491144

On a side note, I will not be taking over Lotto #17. After some discussion between us, I think vewyphishy is planning to take the reins.

I got out mostly because I think the South Carolina Lottery SUCKS!! they only have two numbers that are drawn first on Saturday's ONE & THREE :D

I'm also in CigarPool and send out various sampler packs, bombs, trades and it was all becoming a little too much and the lowest priority was this lottery. Well, it shoulda been CigarPool BUT I've been in there so long, I darn near duty bound to stay in it :D

Besides, Captain B was getting sick of me sending him Olivas every two weeks. :sign:

We'll get all the kinks worked out in Lotto #17. Hmm, what state should we use for this one... anybody care to suggest one? :)

I thought there was a backup plan for when the winner didn't work out?

A few points:

a) The lotto participation is not dwindling at all. For a long time it was only one group. Now we have two. It's always been a bit of a stretch to fill both groups, but there are way more than 10 people who want to play.

b) I have no problem with instituting a per stick minimum. My only point was the rules as previously stated really left no ground for complaints. Also would like to note I have never won so I don't know what kind of sticks people were getting.

Another way to enforce honesty would be to say if you give a stick you have to have given it a decent review in the review section. This would also have the beneficial side effect of increasing the number of reviews on our site :thumbs: Thus you would truly only be able to send something you had smoked and liked.

c) congrats geldor sticks on their way soon!

I think that I posted something like this earlier in this thread. :love:

Group B:
#0 Geldor1 - Nothing, I won. No pooch projectiles. :p
#1 Big100HD - received
#2 Lumberg - received
#3 Open(Lumberg) - received
#4 Fast4Dr -
#5 davela - received
#6 Big Slim Junior - received
#7 piratelooks - received
#8 rknicker - received
#9 Triple_D - received