• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Lotto #16

geldor1 said:
I think that I posted something like this earlier in this thread. :love:

Group B:
#0 Geldor1 - Nothing, I won. No pooch projectiles. :p
#1 Big100HD -
#2 Lumberg -
#3 Open(Lumberg) -
#4 Fast4Dr -
#5 davela -
#6 Big Slim Junior -
#7 piratelooks -
#8 rknicker -
#9 Triple_D -
Ok so that means that you can't give yourself Pooch Projectiles but everyone else can right?

Lumberg said:
a) The lotto participation is not dwindling at all. For a long time it was only one group. Now we have two. It's always been a bit of a stretch to fill both groups, but there are way more than 10 people who want to play.

There's got to be a state lottery somewhere that has numbers between 1-14 or 1-15 or something more appropriate.

Lumberg said:
Another way to enforce honesty would be to say if you give a stick you have to have given it a decent review in the review section. This would also have the beneficial side effect of increasing the number of reviews on our site :thumbs: Thus you would truly only be able to send something you had smoked and liked.

I know I've done a couple reviews of really cheap cigars that I've gave good reviews because they were tasty good deals and other people replied saying that they hated them. Maybe I'm the only one with the really strange tastebuds, but I really don't think anyone would appreciate receiving one of those even though my reviews were very honest.

I don't see it really solving anything - those who are dishonest and just send crap to take advantage of the lotto can just post some BS review on the cigar. Those who are honest will post a review of a cigar they like and continue to honestly send a crap cigar they think is good.

Lumberg said:
I thought there was a backup plan for when the winner didn't work out?
I could have sworn that there was a plan also, but I just went though all the previous lottos and nothing was ever specified. We should specifiy something now. My suggestion: I say if the number in the first position is empty then we go to the second, then the third. Then on the small chance that all three numbers are empty (for example: if the numbers are 6-6-6 and number 6 is empty) then I think the current person managing the lotto should be sent the winnings. That way there is a (small) incentive for managing the lotto and there is always a winner.

When I joined this lotto (a box to captain B & a box to Psytek ago :0 ) there was a back-up plan. If the first number picked did not have a winner then the last number of the pick three won. If the last number didn't have a winner then the middle number won i.e. 9-2-4 "9(1st)-2(3rd)-4(2nd)" Anyway, if you dig deep enough you'll find it some place.

Brent

ivan37 said:
Then on the small chance that all three numbers are empty (for example: if the numbers are 6-6-6 and number 6 is empty) then I think the current person managing the lotto should be sent the winnings. That way there is a (small) incentive for managing the lotto and there is always a winner.
You know, that's not a bad idea!

fllbrent said:
When I joined this lotto (a box to captain B & a box to Psytek ago :0 ) there was a back-up plan. If the first number picked did not have a winner then the last number of the pick three won. If the last number didn't have a winner then the middle number won i.e. 9-2-4 "9(1st)-2(3rd)-4(2nd)" Anyway, if you dig deep enough you'll find it some place.

Brent
That's a great idea. As is Lumberg's example of the same number appearing multiple times.

Both will be instituted in Lotto #17. :)

fllbrent said:

Brent
Are you sure you aren't confusing it with CigarPool's backup plan? I looked pretty well, though it might have been specified in the lottos that got are missing from when we lost all those posts.

It may have been lost in the L40 BS. :angry:

I can't believe those clowns are still causing us problems!

just got back from the PO, sticks on the way geldor (for 2 numbers)

Got sticks today from Lumberg. Thanks.

My end of this lotto is closed. Thanks to everyone for providing a good selection of smokes :thumbs:

Oops... I meant to put this in #15. I'm pretty not bright. :)

I'll have the Lotto 17 thread up some time tonight or first thing in the morning. :thumbs:

I just got back from my cruise and will get them out Tuesday at the latest...sorry for the delay

Received the last of my winnings for this lotto.

This lotto in officially closed.

Thanks again to one and all. :thumbs: