• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

LOTTO with a new twist #4

Big Slim Junior

It's time for #4! Everyone who played last time is still on the roster. If you do not wish to play this time around just post in this thread or send a PM to me so your number can be made available. If you're not on the roster and wish to play, please post a note in this thread. First come, first served. Everyone is welcome to participate.

The Rules

+ The next drawing will be on April 3rd, 2004 at 6:25pm (Central Time) – MN Lottery Daily 3. The middle number of the three will determine our winner (i.e. numbers 1-2-3 are drawn; the person with number 2 will win the cigar lotto).

+ Prizes - Each of the other nine players will contribute to the purchase of a Padron Anniversay Nataural Sampler for the winner. The total price per person is $9. This includes both the main prize and consolation prize. SmokeAll will cover shipping.

+ NEW TWIST #1 - There will be a consolation prize. The winner will be based on the first or third number of the lotto. If the second number is 0-4, then we'll use the first number. If the second number is 5-9, we use the third number. All nine player who did not win the main prize will split the total cost evenly, but one person gets a prize for playing. The cosolation prize is an Excalibur 1066 Sampler.

+ NEW TWIST #2 - I never envisioned that we'd have to think about this, but because Davela has won twice in row, I'm instituting a rule to cover winning three consecutcive lottos. If #5 wins the main prize... again, Davela will still win and receive the Padrons. However, he must ante up five good sticks to be put into the main prize pot for lotto #5. He is still eligible for the consolation prize. That said... For cryin' out loud! Give someone else a chance, Dave! :p

+ Sending prizes - You must order your prize pack by end of business on Friday, April 2nd. The folks at SmokeAll will then box up the order and send it directly to the winner. Contact SmokeAll at 877-958-5200 to place your order. They will aready have the the player roster and winner info when you call. Please post in this thread when you have made your order. Don will charge everyone's cards that has been playing already. So this is moot if you've been in the last two lottos.

+ Receiving Prizes - The winner is responsible for posting a message in this thread when they receive their prize. Also, a little “thanks” goes a long way.;-) And if Davela wins, he needs to beg forgiveness as well. :D

Thanks again to Don at SmokeAll for his participation.

Numbers -
0 - SD_Stack
1 - Bat_Chief
2 - blair
3 - piratelooks
4 - geldor1
5 - Davela
6 - Big Slim Junior
7 - dixieland_conjunction
8 - Triple_D
9 - psyktek

I'm in again! :thumbs:

(but for the record, I don't really agree with Twist #2. It is a luck of the draw game. He has a 1:10 chance to win this one. He has a 1:10 chance to win the next one - just like the rest of us. He should be able to win this one and decide not to play the next one if he wishes. It wouldn't be rude. Personally, it wouldn't bother me if he won this one and then bailed out from now on. It doesn't affect my chances of winning next time. ??? ).

blair said:

(but for the record, I don't really agree with Twist #2. It is a luck of the draw game. He has a 1:10 chance to win this one. He has a 1:10 chance to win the next one - just like the rest of us. He should be able to win this one and decide not to play the next one if he wishes. It wouldn't be rude. Personally, it wouldn't bother me if he won this one and then bailed out from now on. It doesn't affect my chances of winning next time. ??? ).
You don't understand... this is personal. ;)

Actually, I'm equating winning three straight to rolling doubles three times in a row in Monopoly. GO TO JAIL! Dave can still win, he just has to spread his luck around a little. That's all. That's assuming that the lucky S.O.B wins. :D

Remember, this is the lotto with a twist. And sometimes that twist is a purple nurple! :0

blair said:

Well said, I agree.

I'm in.

Cheers,
Dixie

I'm in let's go. hmmm rule two. nice to sweeten the pot,but i'll go w/ the majority either way.

john

Just to clarify, hasn't Don kept a record of all our CC numbers? So if you were in before then you don't actually have to call him, right, he'll just run our cards again?

Oh, and I'm in. :)

psyktek said:
Just to clarify, hasn't Don kept a record of all our CC numbers? So if you were in before then you don't actually have to call him, right, he'll just run our cards again?

Oh, and I'm in. :)
That is correct. :thumbs: I just send him a roster of all the participants and addresses along with the winner and he takes care of it from there. :love:

Bump. Please see changes in original post for consolation prize and total price for this lotto. Thanks.

Just a thought, what if the consolation number is the same as the winner?

Winning pick 3 is 4-4-x as an example.

Winner is #4, oh golly that would be me. :p
The consolation prize uses the first number and we have #4 again.

Trying to cover all the bases.

geldor1 said:
Just a thought, what if the consolation number is the same as the winner?

Winning pick 3 is 4-4-x as an example.

Winner is #4, oh golly that would be me. :p
The consolation prize uses the first number and we have #4 again.

Trying to cover all the bases.
You are correct. It is possible to win both prizes.

O.K. So if all three numbers were 5.I would lose ,win, lose.Or win,win,lose. Or Help me.Ouch thanks.Come on #5 Dave

I just realized that 6-6-6 would be just the thing for me... at least my mother-in-law would agree. :D

Mn pick Three winning numbers 4-8-5 Triple D is the winner and who ever has # 5 is the runner up.