• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

LP9, FFP, Dirty Rat

Cigar Snob has a article this mo on the New York State Emergency Expenditure Legislation. The Other Tobacco Products tax that was already high at 46% was bumped to 75%, applied to the wholesale cost of a cigar and passed onto the consumer. The rest of the article talks about New York exclusive cigars that take into account the insane tax rate. The 3 NY only released sticks are the Monte New York, La Aurora Broadway and the Alec Bradley Empire State Edition. "Additionally, the manufacturers took the added tax into consideration when developing and pricing the cigar, but as most have noticed, finding that sweet spot between price, quality, and the charitable component ( % of sales to the NYTA,(New York Tabacconist Association) who is trying to fight this legislation) was the trickiest part.

So the box showed up today, after the delay and a long trip, I cracked open the box and what did I find? 2 cigar with wrapper cracks, and one cigar with the head completely demolished, this makes me utterly and entirely sad. Who to tell or what to do about it?

100_2692.jpg

100_2691.jpg

100_2693.jpg

100_2695.jpg

I'd say try to send them back. Send them the pictures and show them how they arrived. Chances are that JD is always browsing here so I'm sure that word will get back to the store of why those cigars are being sold like that.

I agree with Chief.

Also, its a damn shame to see pigs all broke up like that...

I sent a email, waiting for a response. I'm not sure who's fault it is, there is a lot of space in the spanish cedar cigar rests, so they could have been moving around, or they could have just sent me a messed up box, hell if I know, all I do know, is that it is very very saddening to see great, HTF heavily sought after cigars beat up.

I feel like someone just kicked my nut sac. Ouch....
That happened a while back with me on a sealed box of Boris that I paid dearly for. Upon opening, I had realized that 4 had also had severe damage. Luckily the guy wasn't a gooch and after seeing the pics asked me to send them back and he refunded me accordingly.

Hope this all works out for you my man. ??? Good luck

I've purchased a few boxes of these from Buttheads in Conn and when I bought my first box it was open. I asked if they had any sealed boxes and they told me they open and inspect them before they sell them because they had a run of damaged Pigs so it might be a packaging issue. I'm sure the guys at DE will correct it if it is. Maybe these were from that batch.

Wkoti.

I am sorry to hear about the damaged heads on some of the FFP. This is not the retailers fault on this occassion and we are working on making the boxes much better to protect the heads in the future. It is our fault. I have two questions:

1. How many were damaged (even in the slightest way)?

2. Who did you send that email to?

Please email me at drewnica@yahoo.com with the answers. Please put in the SUBJECT COLUMN "Damaged FFP" so i see it right away. I want to get this taken care of on Monday, so there is no need to ask the retailer for anything.

My sincere apologies. We will have the FFP boxes corrected by June 15th. In the meantime, I will replace your damaged sticks and pay for shipping, of course.

JD

Hey JD, thanks for your time, I sent the email, thanks for being a stand up guy, let me know if there is anything I can do to help the process along!

WKOTI

That was cool to see it get handled "just like that". Kudos to you JD, much respect to you!

Wkoti.

I am sorry to hear about the damaged heads on some of the FFP. This is not the retailers fault on this occassion and we are working on making the boxes much better to protect the heads in the future. It is our fault. I have two questions:

1. How many were damaged (even in the slightest way)?

2. Who did you send that email to?

Please email me at drewnica@yahoo.com with the answers. Please put in the SUBJECT COLUMN "Damaged FFP" so i see it right away. I want to get this taken care of on Monday, so there is no need to ask the retailer for anything.

My sincere apologies. We will have the FFP boxes corrected by June 15th. In the meantime, I will replace your damaged sticks and pay for shipping, of course.

JD

I love this guy !

JD, you are going down as one of my favorite CEOs.
Other owners/operators could benefit from taking a page from your play book brother.. :laugh:

*edited for spelling

Even if Liga Privada wasn't a fantastic cigar brand and made amazing cigars, the customer service and management of DE is beyond words. These guys are have a solid business practice, and I must say this was handled quickly, correctly and filled with good ole' fashioned customer service.

I'm officially a customer for life, seriously.

Thanks JD for being one hell of a guy! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Broke stride and tried one of the fpp the other night (got one in that newb war). Has potential but needs some downtime to grow. Since JD is checking in on this thread: kudos for the LP line in general, even though I think the feral is rough it clearly has the potential to age very well. I am at the point where I smoke what I know more often than not and very rarely recent production cigars but the Liga line is one of the few where i am not as apprehensive to try a new release. Great work!

Hey insight! You should try the Dirty Rat. I agree with you Wkoti. Best brand out there right now.

1. Thanks for the Customer Service Compliments. Sometimes it can be some additional work for me, but I will tell you this: It allows me to listen to real, honest concerns that our customers have and it instills a confidence between us and our customers that we want to see this movement through to the end. There is an obligation on our side to live up the the meaning "Super Premium". It has to do with quality, consistency, integrity, and FOLLOW UP. It means a bunch to me that you guys acknowledge it. I am taking it very seriously, even if my wife wants to kill me.

2. I have not completely taken care of WKoti's issue. When he receives the cigars in his hand, safe and sound, then we can pat ourselves on the shoulder. Right now I am in Nica on a Cigar Safari, with John Brooke, my assistant, so things may be slowed down for a bit, as he does not return to USA until May 30th. So, lets make sure to get this right before I accept a compliment on his concern.

3. Insight. Read your post and thank you. Put them down for a year my brother. They just may deliver the "Aged Experience" you are looking for. And for that matter, have you laid down any of the Joya de Nicaragua DARK COROJO"? They age pretty damn good.

Thats it for tonight. God Bless you guys and always smoke in moderation.

Best,
JD

JD :blush:

You're well on your way to the compliment I gave you and many more, you my friend are one of a kind. I hope you enjoy your trip to Nicaragua, I look forward to hearing from you. You have emails in your inbox, and don't rush.

Have a Mojito and a FFP for me sir, I'll have to meet up for a cigar with you one of these days. :thumbs:

WKOTI

WKOTI ....

1. Still getting to the 4 weeks backup on emails.
2. Was that you on the CA Forum????

Hope you are doing good my brother and thank you for your patience.

I made a YouTube account called "DrewNica" that you can check out and Subscribe to if you find some spare time. Hope all that is good finds you and all that is negative stays distant.

Best,
JD

Hey JD, good to see you back and alive.

1. I just actually received information from Mr. Brooke Monday after weeks of spotty communication, but as far as I know we are on track.
2. I don't frequent CA, but it can't be good if you think my evil ass is over there :laugh: