• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Maduro Box Pass

Hey Cohibasurfer, I just checked it out and find you are right. The Olivia O is apparantly not a maduro. It looked like one. OK, here's what, no one take it and I'll get it back.

I used cigarprice.com as a reference. You might want to take a look. Quick and easy they list most cigars and give you the least expensive place to buy it from. I have no affiliation with the site, just a happy visitor.

Pepe

Don't worry Pepe, if that O is still there when it gets to me I'll dispose of it properly. ;)

The maduro version is supposed to be out sometime after the RTDA show which is this month.

A local cigar store had the rep from several cigar labels on site promoting the Drew Estate Natual. He gave out samples of the Natural. In conversation I learned that he also reps the Aurora and the Oliva brands. When I told him of my preference for maduros he encouraged me to try the O. I got 2, smoked 1 and liked it, added the other one to the box.
Pepe :)

The Oliva O series are a dark colored Habano sungrown wrapper, with Habano binder and filler. It is EASILY taken for a madoro all the time, and folk who like Maddies frequently flip over the Os when they give them a chance :)

LOL... sorry Shadow... the O will get to me first... ;)

Pepe... I wasn't bitchin'... just wondering if you might have gotten one of the maduros before they were released ...:)! any event... color the O gone by someone... they are excellent!

no problem
Whoever gets it better have a meal in their tummy before they smoke it.
Pepe

I just did a trace on line with UPS.com. The box is now in CA and near Gekko! My guess is that it will be delivered tomorrow.
Pepe :0

About time...LOL!
Hey Pepe..... I know it's not my pass, But you might think about shipping USPS Priority or express with UPS next time. Cigars are very delicate. You really don't want them sitting in trucks at triple digit tempratures for a week or more before they hit a target! Just my opinion!

I packed the cigars in zip locks bags in a large tupperware type container with a humidifier. I wouldn't think the cigars would be significantly affected by the high temperatures you guys have been experiencing out there. I order cigars to be shipped into So Fl all the time. They are typically shipped without a humidifier, without a ziplock type seal, and the cigars somehow are just fine.
All that said, I agree expediting shipping on this long leg of the box pass would have been a better choice.
Pepe
:)

Pepe...I believe you may be OK with the way you packed them. We'll see how they burn when I get the pass. Good luck!

SKYDIVNEKD :sign:

There are a couple of people ahead of me, so this is unlikely to matter, but I wanted to mention that I'll be out of town Saturday so, if the box got here Fri or Sat, I probably won't get to it until Monday, which is the kick-off date of MY first pass...

Again, it probably won't even be on the way by then, but I'll do everything I can to turn it around quickly.

Attn. The Gars' have landed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh-Ya!!!!!!!!!!!

"God" did the tupperdor smell good when I opened it!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will go throught the sticks tonight and pick my takes and place back in my puts. Then on Wed. I will ship these babies to Stewart in Porterville!!!!!!

I will also post the current list of sticks after my take for the rest of you!!!!

God it's great to live in America!!!!!!!!

Thanks PEPE - Great job on the packing - I will continue the tradition....

gekko777 in Sunny San Diego!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Ok boy's!!!!

Here is the latest update- My takes and Puts!!!!!!

Takes:
1) El Rey Del Mundo Larga
2) La Gloria Cubana Corana Gorda
3) Hoyo De Monerey Rothchild

Puts:
1) CAO Brazilia Samba
2) Astral Talanga Valley Selection Pyramid
3) Onyx Reserve Mini Belicoso
4) Onyx Reserve Toro

Also you will find to of my favorite Onyx sticks in a bag with PEPE's name on it. This is the bag I started for PEPE as a personal gift for helping set-up this CP and a way to say thank you. This is optional!!!!

Great stuff!!!!
I hope you all approve of my puts and envy my takes!!!!

Box to be shipped Wed... I will post tracking number on Wed. night..

:D :D :D

What can I say...
Good takes, puts, and thanks for your kind thoughts. May the cigar god look kindly upon you. Excellent turn around. Enjoy your cigars.

Attn. Stewart....

Box is in the mail!!!

Priority mail sent today - Insured $200

Delivery confirmation number
0301 0120 0002 9208 5036

Should have it by Friday or Sat......

Enjoy I know I did.

P.S.

Pepe,

I tried the Padron already ----- Nice stick...... I love the pepper and coffee aftertaste...... mmmmmmmmmmmm

Thx gekko777 in SoCal :D :D :D

Thanks Gekko:

Nice puts! I look forward to seeing the sticks and will inform everybody
when they arrive. I will be shipping Priority Mail instead of UPS because
their drivers' current contract expires this month and there is always a
chance of a strike (remember last time?!).

I think the idea of a separate bag for Pepe is a nice idea and I will be
adding something special to it also. Good job Gekko!

Talk to you soon. Happy puffin'.

Stew

Hi Gekko. Glad you liked that Padron. Padron makes them to give a low cost cigar to the local community that they come from. They are sold only at restaurants in Little Havana. They limit the quantity in the market place to prevent distribution outside of Calle Ocho.

I don't think it will happen but in the case that my turn comes up next week, don't send it!! I'll be out of town for the entire week.

I think I'm several folks down the line, so, probably nothing to worry about! Just wanted to cover it if it did!!

Thanks

Leebo :D