• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Maduro?

Doc Wylie

Curmudgeon
I recently enjoyed an Ashton sampler box and among the selections was a #10 maduro. I really liked it but when I purchased another it didn't seem as good, so I embarked on a quest to sample other brands to find my ideal maduro. The experience has been up and down, with some that I've savored and enjoyed and others I've flung into the Niagara River after being disappointed...but still haven't found the brand that consistently pleases me. As they say, the pursuit can be as much fun (or more fun) than achieving the goal...so I was wondering if anyone has some recommendations of favorites to try.

WOAM - Enough Said...

Never ever had a bad one, I have smoked boxes of these.

The tissue-wrapped ERDM Maduros/Oscuros (Robustos Larga & Suprema) used to be very tasty in my book. Haven't had one in quite awhile, but I think it would be worth making one, the other, or both part of your pursuit.

Edited to add : ditto on the Work of Art Maduro.

Cohiba Maduro 5 (any IMHO). Oh, and of course the one others have mentioned, WOAM!

Jim

Since you really liked the Ashton, you might explore Fuentes other Maduro smokes. Their little esquisito (sp?) in maduro is very tasty.

Of the smokes listed so far, El Rey Del Mundo, when they're on, are a great smoke, and a stronger smoke as well. They've been spotty lately.

My favorite Maduro is Brazilian Mata Fina Leaf Maduro They are used on Torano signature, Ancient Warrior, and the best example if you can find still is a Dona Flor but this is also a Brazilian Puro. Try out the signature blend by Torano and if you are a Gurkha fan def try the ancient warrior the only cigar i like from the k. hansonita/Gurkha line. my 2 cents

5 Vegas 'A' I've smoked tons of these... can't beat them for the price.

Carlos Torano Casa Torano Maduro... nice tasting maduro sticks

Oliva Serie 'G' Maduro... yummy but I like the Cameroon wrapper 'G' more and both are better than the 'O' Maduro IMHO

Gurkha Fuerte... worth the price

*edit* And sign me up for the "Padrón Maduro Whore" club, they just can't be beat.

Avo Maduro is on the top of my list.

I second this completely. Probably one of my all time favourites period.

Aldo I would suggest the Chateau Fuente Maduro, very inexpensive, but full of flavour.

CAO also makes a nice maduro as well.

La Flor Dominicana Cabinet Maduros, if you can find 'em. Not a maduro fan, myself, but since you are, you should like 'em. :)

Avo Maduro is on the top of my list.
Interesting. I love Maduro wrappers but mainly Fuente and Padron. Never had an AVO Maduro, am I missing something?

Brian

I'll have one with your name on it Brian, when you come back. Now get your ass back here! :sign:
LOL Jonathan, you are the man. I'm leaving now, if I drive non stop at an average of 60mph, it will take me 50 hours...NOT!
Actually, we are flying home early July returning 3 weeks later to continue our trip so lets get together then. :thumbs:

Brian

Thanks for all the suggestions. I'm going to start working my way down the list. ALready ran into the first snag though when I started searching for a WOAM at my local cigar purveyors. I was greeted with either astonishment that I would be asking for one this time of year or else a quizzical look followed by "gee..never heard of that one before." The Padron 2000 was similarly non-existent locally...so I selected a Padron 6000 for my after dinner smoke this evening.

Anyway, thanks again for all the help and keep the recommendations coming. I do appreciate it!