• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Major Announcement - Cigar Community as a whole

Bless you Rod!

Just read over at CS that the plan is to collapse the boards that have been purchased into "puff.com," with separate rooms that members of the original boards will participate in, along with more general rooms for deals, reviews, etc.

VIVA CIGARPASS!

Much of his vision is already in place here at CP.

- We have multiple outlets to send cigars to troop in the battles overseas. We have had quite of few of our own over there or still there.

- Membership discounts with vendors. Our vendor/members treat us well.

- Annual conference is also known as the Annual CigarPass Herf, #4 coming next year.

- Advocacy group, isn't that already in place with Cigars Across America?

Interesting, this is exactly what I envisioned he would do.

Puffdotcom coming to a theater near you, during the January-February time frame.

The movies been done already:

cheech-chong-smoke.jpg

Danny and Jon?

This just reinforces what we already knew about you, Rod, and the Cigar Pass family as a whole: the leader sets the tone that the community follows. Honesty, straightforwardness, authenticity, fairness, and commitment - when a leader evinces these qualities, it affects those around him and encourages them to act likewise which, in turn, affects still more people and this pattern continues on down the line.

Thank you for posting the info and being so up front about this whole thing, Rod, and thank you for declining the offer and opting to remain independent. I'd also like to say thank you for all of the work you put into this site. I've said it before but it bears repeating: in my many years on the internet and my membership in many online forums, I've never come across a site like Cigar Pass - it is truly a gem in a sea of junk.

Keep up the fine work and let us know if we can help.

- Tim

Puff.com. :whistling:

You'd think there would have been a little bit of R&D involved, since this being a business deal and all...

So it appears the "next level" was nothing more than merging all of these sites together. From what I read on the other sites, there are a lot of disappointed members.

One more quick note... If Jon is creating an advocacy group for cigar rights - why? CRA already exists, many manufacturers and cigar smokers are part of that group. We should be working TOGETHER with the CRA not competing with them.

One more quick note... If Jon is creating an advocacy group for cigar rights - why? CRA already exists, many manufacturers and cigar smokers are part of that group. We should be working TOGETHER with the CRA not competing with them.
True, he did say that advocacy could be a feature of a combined organization with a lot of members. He didn't say much more. But I agree, there was not enough R&D. There are already several national and many more Regional and Local advocacy groups. I got the sense that he was fishing for reasons why the gobbling up of cigar forums made sense.

Doc

LOL @ Puff.com I just did a search and it turned up a Persian cat breeding site, a dog grooming business among others.....

Well, it's been said (and said... and said...) but - Thanks Rod. In this day and age with the markets crumbling all around us, you're a pillar of resolve to withstand an offer like that. My hat's off to you sir!

And... it just reaffirms my choice to make CP my home. Puff.com or not, ¡VIVA La CP!!!

Carry on Gents...

speeling edit

You'd think there would have been a little bit of R&D involved, since this being a business deal and all...

So it appears the "next level" was nothing more than merging all of these sites together. From what I read on the other sites, there are a lot of disappointed members.

Why? Because it's not Jon's cigar advocacy group! He and danny yeasty will get along VERY well at puffy.com... :laugh:

Don't you mean "board" ???

A large majority of the membership here use words properly and are mindful of proper spelling and grammar unlike the cigar boards that are populated with asshats and morons (like lopez's board). Please do your best to express yourself on this boars like someone who at least finished the 8th grade.

Thanks! :thumbs:

Now that is classic, thanks sonuvabum :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

See, everyone has a bad day. Your point is well taken and I am usually more careful as I am also a fan of proper spelling and grammar.

Why? Because it's not Jon's cigar advocacy group! He and danny yeasty will get along VERY well at puffy.com... :laugh:

... indeed. The CRA isn't making him any money.

I own a small NY sports related board and was approached a few times to sell. Even though I barely make enough for one lunch a week after hosting and such, I didn't think it would be fair to the people who posted on the site. A message board is more like a community, and without the members to drive it, it is nothing. I understand what Jon is trying to accomplish, and if they members of all the purchased sites stayed, he would make a nice paycheck. But it seems to me most people see through him, and know it is all about that, and we will leaving. I am sure huge sites like CS will still have a nice traffic base, but it will never be the same, IMO.

This is interesting

Domain Name: PUFF.COM
Created on: 19-Mar-02
Expires on: 19-Mar-14
Last Updated on: 12-Feb-08

So he had it since 2002?!

He approached me sometime last year and I declined to sell CP. He came back in Feb of 08 and was adamant about buying CP - I declined. So, it seems like Jon paid $75k for puff.com. He just bought it in Feb.

This is interesting

Not necessarily: http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://puff.com

Looks like up until February of 2008 it was on the market for $75,000. Wasn't February the date he began to approach site owners?

----------------
Listening to: Coldplay - Low
via FoxyTunes

He approached me sometime last year and I declined to sell CP. He came back in Feb of 08 and was adamant about buying CP - I declined. So, it seems like Jon paid $75k for puff.com. He just bought it in Feb.

This is interesting

Not necessarily: http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://puff.com

Looks like up until February of 2008 it was on the market for $75,000. Wasn't February the date he began to approach site owners?

----------------
Listening to: Coldplay - Low
via FoxyTunes

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=puff

I'm going to say this guy is not self made. ;)

You are the best...standing up for your community and its members. Yea, I also find it interesting that he is an avid cigar smoker but never belonged to a forum. I guess he smoke blunts or grape white owls.

That really does speak for what kind of a person you are. I have done quite a bit of browsing around this site lately, and there seem to be many good people involved here. I myself would hate to see things go downhill for someone to just make a quick buck. Thanks a bunch. Im sure I speak for most everyone here. We appreciate it.

I have to wonder at the same time why exactly this guy wants to buy out all of the cigar forums? Just seems really odd to me. Of all things to buy.... Cigar Forums??????