• Hi Guest! Don't miss out on this year's Secret Santa event! Sign Up Today!

Making my own humidor

So I recently decided to start looking for a humidor but couldn't find one that I really liked the look of. I'm a big fan of modern and minimalist looks and I started thinking of if making a cigar humidor out of concrete would be something feasible. I already have experience working with concrete, and I know that I would need to line the inside with Spanish cedar and i'd only be looking to hold 50ish cigars. Does anyone know for sure if this would work and hold the humidity? I think it would work but I wanted other people's opinions before jumping into this. The picture I attached may give you an idea of the look and aesthetic .

Attachments

jfields

Where did all my money go?
It would be a good experiment. Concrete can absorb and also radiate a decent amount of moisture around it. I’m guessing you’d have to have some pretty close tolerances with the cedar liner. It would be a heavy sucker!

Undegreed

You're unique...just like everyone else
I don't know for sure, but something doesn't seem right with this. Concrete is porous and has an odor. I'd be reluctant to store cigars in a concrete humidor without looking into sealants and knowing what chemicals are released during the curing process (which is years).

CMontoya79

Newb Le professional!
There’s definitely a reason why not to do this. Just doesn’t seem like the best choice of building materials with the desired result.

Pugman1943

First, I agree concrete is not the way to got for reasons stated above. Second, I believe someone here found a used hand held rocket container ( 2slots ) and converted that into a humi. You might even consider a foot locker so you have room, and trust use, you will always want room. 🚀