• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Mancave pictures...

mu mike

It's not a lie if you believe it.
I've been meaning to take pictures of the mancave but with four kids now life is a little hectic! The twins are three months old now and things have gotten into a bit of a routine, so I finally got around to snapping some pics. Speaking of the twins...

gallery_1425_1206_14131.jpg
gallery_1425_1206_23414.jpg

Mollie and Max (I call him Maximus) and another pic of my daughter Ellie holding baby Mollie.
By the way, I need to thank several people that sent cigars to celebrate the twins and for other reasons: cbd, sweetrice80, dagoR6...thanks again guys. The cigars were smoked and enjoyed in the new room. And if I missed anyone I apologize, my memory isn't so good anymore.

About the room, I started this project at the beginning of the year and finished it right before the twins were born in late February. I have two friends that helped me tremendously. We primarily did the work on the weekends and turned half of my John Deere room (an unfinished part of the basement) into a cigar room. The room is just over 16 x 12. We did it almost entirely by ourselves: framing, electrical, ductwork, drywall, and floors. The only things we didn't do were the mudding/texturing and painting/glazing. We used a Panasonic whisper quiet exhaust fan (450cfm), which we put in one corner of the room with the intake vent in the opposite corner of the room. It is extremely functional and it had to be, since my wife wanted no smoke or smell to escape that room. Just to be safe, we wrapped the room twice with plastic and then double drywalled it, which also helped slightly with soundproofing. It has worked beautifully and my wife can't smell a thing (even with five guys in there smoking several cigars, which we've done on more than one occasion). The only thing that's really left to do is some trimwork.

Even if I'm not smoking, you'll likely find me in the mancave. The GoldenTee gets a daily workout from me but I think my 6 year old son will soon be beating me. Here are some pics from entry to all the way around the room, including the humidor:

gallery_1425_1206_6767.jpg

gallery_1425_1206_15857.jpg

gallery_1425_1206_4404.jpg

I bought the Diamond Crown display piece from a local tobacconist. I thought it fit well with the room decor.
gallery_1425_1206_29817.jpg

gallery_1425_1206_16193.jpg

gallery_1425_1206_20350.jpg

The walls have a texture and glaze to them, which turned out awesome. It is called a "tobacco glaze" which is fitting.
gallery_1425_1206_13970.jpg

gallery_1425_1206_14671.jpg

I'm really happy with the way everything turned out. I don't know that I'd change much, except maybe make it a little bigger! If you're ever in the area please drop me a line and stop by.

Wow - Beautiful family. The room is great also. Looks like you won't be running out of cigars anytime soon. :laugh:

Very nice. Great kids and a great man room. You're living the good life, for sure. :thumbs:

Awesome man cave!!! Beautiful kids you have there as well.

Great setup Mike...one of the best I've seen. And your selection is making me drool........

WOW, incredible man-cave.

A few yardgars in there. (j/k)

Probably more boxes of HTF than most shops. :0 :0 :0

Mike the childen are beautiful. I sure remember the early twin days(my boys are in college now). Great setup. :thumbs:

Beautiful family mike!

I've never seen so many Opus boxes....I can't even get a hold of ONE full box to buy...you sir, are a lucky man.

WOW! Nice set up! And man, is that a man cave or cigar shop?

Exceptional setup.. hopefully you get a little bit of a chance to use it with those kids keeping you busy. :)

Where in the house is the man cave located and do you smoke in it? I have thought about doing a conversion on a small room into a smoking room, but didn't know what you need to do to keep it smelling not smoky???

Where in the house is the man cave located and do you smoke in it?

Absolutely I smoke in it!! The room is in the basement of the house, which is nice since it keeps a steady temperature during all seasons (right around 70*). The whole point of building the room was to be able to enjoy a cigar inside but yet keeping all of the smoke exiting outside.

I have thought about doing a conversion on a small room into a smoking room, but didn't know what you need to do to keep it smelling not smoky???

Intake and exhaust, those are the keys. Remove the smoke from the room, bring in air to replace the exhausted air/smoke.

I have thought about doing a conversion on a small room into a smoking room, but didn't know what you need to do to keep it smelling not smoky???

In addition to Mike's point on intake/ exhaust, leather furniture and hard floors are also a nice way to keep the smoke smell from lingering around. :thumbs:

In addition to Mike's point on intake/ exhaust, leather furniture and hard floors are also a nice way to keep the smoke smell from lingering around. :thumbs:

Right on, thanks for the assist Jake! And after I smoke in the room, I let the exhaust fan run for another 30 minutes or so just to make sure.

The 6 and 4 year olds like to watch their movies in "daddy's room" instead of the family room. My wife thinks it's funny, but doesn't mind because the room never smells smoky. She'll light a candle in there sometimes, and then I promptly blow it out the minute I get in there. :laugh:

<<<<<<Jealous

send a box of those sticks to my house!

Twins has to be a handful but what a joy!! my first son is 4 weeks old and has already gained 3.5 lbs!