• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

ManCave

SLewis

Well, finally got around to doing the write up on my ManCave. I posted some pictures in the gallery a few days back but wanted to give some details on the work my wife and father-in-law did.

They started with my media room and painted the room Brick Red. The ceiling has a flat finish while the walls have a satin finish. My wife used to enjoy painting until she did this room; it took a coat of primer and 3 coats of paint to get it right.

gallery_8209_934_2489.jpg

My son and his friend installed the exhaust system while my father-in-law figured the best way to run the duct work, using an existing vent in the roof of the house. We have two fans installed, each pulls 110 cubic feet of air per minute. This allows the air in the room to be refreshed every 10 minutes. Even with the heater or air conditioning on, the exhaust fans create negative pressure in the room so the fresh air is always coming into the room from the house instead of smoke leaking out of the room.
gallery_8209_934_20560.jpg

gallery_8209_934_44049.jpg

The father of our son’s friend does remodeling and is currently doing a home in the downtown area of Dallas. In the process, he is redoing a gameroom. The owner told him to replace the old bar and winerack, so somehow out of this, these ended up with us. The bar has a granite countertop and a very nice ice making machine. The winerack mounts on the wall and has a cabinet as well. All of this is made with solid oak. We are tapping into our youngest son's bathroom which is on the connecting wall for the water and drain.

gallery_8209_934_295105.jpg

My wife and father-in-law made the oak columns that are being installed at the 4 wall lights in the room. They still need to be stained to match the bar. Also, he is making the crown molding to go on the winerack and columns.
gallery_8209_934_23267.jpg

We added the leather furniture (reclining sofa and reclining chair), my desk (since this is my office as well) the vinotemp and end table humidor, and a 47 inch Viso 1080i, 120mghz TV in time to enjoy the Thanksgiving games.
gallery_8209_934_37373.jpg

gallery_8209_934_361047.jpg

I want to invite some BOTLs over soon to enjoy a herf.

Just to let eveyone know, this was the focus of my wife and faher-in-law the past month or so. I am one lucky guy.

Nice man... You are one lucky guy. I can only dream that this will happen to me one day in the future. Thanks for sharing and enjoy. :thumbs:

David

So when is the herf?? Very nice setup man, I can't wait to see it. :thumbs:

Niko, with everything being so crazy during the holidays, may try to have the Dallas group (and anyother BOTLs in Dallas at the time) over sometime in Jan.

Very nice. :thumbs:

Much more inviting than the caves I go into. :laugh:

Kudos to your wife and her father. It looks very nice.

Just one thing though. If you find that the smell of stale cigar smoke is ever present, you may have to rip out the carpet to put down some type of flooring.

I had that problem in my first lounge and had to move it where there were hardwood floors. Took care of the problem. Even with a fan that sucked the smoke right out of the house, this was still a problem. I could have bought stock in Febreeze before deciding to move it all. :laugh:

I think stale cigar smoke smells like moldy ass.

Thanks for the advice jfields. We are thinking about putting in a wood floor next summer.

and I agree, stale cigar smoke does stink but I have never smelt a moldy ass, so can't compare..... :whistling:

Just curious what does moldy ass smell like and how do you know this? :sign:

Nice man cave!

Maybe I should edit to add what I imagine moldy ass to smell like. :sign:

WOW :0

man, that's damned nice.... and here I thought I was doing good to have a shed in the yard that I'm slapping up some foam insulation so the heat from the woodstove doesn't leech out too fast... :)

enjoy bro... that's great how the family pitched in to make this happen :thumbs:

Very impressive. I only wish I had such a place to get away to :)

Congrats on it!

Very nice. Your quite fortunate to have such a thoughtful wife and father in law.

:thumbs:

Very nice setup there!

One question, do you have a link/info on the kind of fan you used? I'm trying to decide what type of ventilation will be the cheapest/most effective for my own room.

I will get the fan info for you tonight. We got them at HomeDepot. They were rated the quietest and strongest of the ones we found.

Nice cave Batman!

I have no idea what mold ass smells like, but I concur.
It is the same reason why you have leather seats and not cloth.

Very nice. I wish I had one.

Wow! Nice! Not a chance in this cold Hell my wife would let me smoke in the house, my room or not. *grumbles* Lucky bastard... :laugh:

Trey