• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Mass shooting at Mandalay Bay Las Vegas

I saw the videos and listened to the gun fire; the rhythm was erratic. I'm pretty confident the rifle he was using wasn't "fully automatic". My guess is it was some kind of bump fire mechanism, or similar.

I saw the videos and listened to the gun fire; the rhythm was erratic. I'm pretty confident the rifle he was using wasn't "fully automatic". My guess is it was some kind of bump fire mechanism, or similar.

A bump stock is the first thing I thought of after watching the videos and hearing "full auto AR15" on the news.

While not technically correct, if that was the case, it would make a lot more sense...

Would not be surprised if he obtained his weaponry 100% legally, especially since this is Nevada.

I agree that the evil is not in the weapon, but the person.

However, 1 person should not be able to do this kind of damage. You see the terror attacks all around Europe, London, Paris, etc? You wonder why there aren't as many casualties as is Las Vegas last night? Gun Laws. We need to wake up.

You see the terror attacks all around Europe, London, Paris, etc?

Wonder why the terror attacks happen so often? Gun laws.

There's more to this than a tool. What makes a person lose their moral compass and do something like this?
Find the root cause, then find a way to treat it.

Until then, you could ban everything, and someone would still find a way to kill another.

Everything he owned, everything he did, was perfectly legal. You can buy bump stocks and drum mags on Walmart's website. All legal.

He was a good guy with a gun until he took his first shot. Then suddenly he wasn't.

Gods help us all.

~Boar

Would not be surprised if he obtained his weaponry 100% legally, especially since this is Nevada.

I agree that the evil is not in the weapon, but the person.

However, 1 person should not be able to do this kind of damage. You see the terror attacks all around Europe, London, Paris, etc? You wonder why there aren't as many casualties as is Las Vegas last night? Gun Laws. We need to wake up.

We need to wake up, but gun laws aren't the answer. We've been adding more and more laws for years and it hasn't helped. A complete paradigm shift is needed. We need to look at the individual, what drives them to do things like this. We need to look at how mental health is evaluated, how people are treated for mental health issues. We need to ask honest questions about our society, and be ready for honest answers.

More casualties than LV, and no guns used. In Europe. It doesn't take guns to kill a lot of people. Evil finds a way.....

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/15/europe/nice-france-truck/index.html