• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Memories!

CigarStone

For once, knowledge is making me poor!
Having recently become a bit more active on CP has brought back so many good memories I thought it would be a good idea to create a thread where people can reminisce about their special moments; with pictures we hope. Whether it be the classic lines from a classic FOG like the recently lost Devil Doc, bombs, the newbie/FOG wars, the HERF’s, or just the earlier days of CP. Thanks @Rod !

When I joined in 2007 it seemed that a newbie/FOG war was a regular occurrence and we were no exception. @jfields , and many others of us got involved in a war with FOG’s that damn near broke several of us newbies! Below is the label that we newbies had made and attached to a cigar to represent the fact that we “thought” we won the war. We sent them to FOG's and challenged them guess what the stick was. There were pipe bombs, glass bombs, stink bombs, and many more.

"Para Los Nuevos" meant "For the new ones"
Copy of 22 bands.jpg

At one time I bombed Miamicubano with this gem, we had so much fun playing it out!
https://www.cigarpass.com/community/threads/a-bomb-with-a-twist.31939/
This is how the build started:
The box 2.JPG

This is mid-way:
The box 8.JPG
This is how it ended:
The box 12.JPG

If you read the post you will see reference to a bomb that @AVB encased in concrete in a flat rate USPS box, I think it weighed 50 pounds? And I sent Smokyballs a bomb which was encased in a 3” PVC pipe with caps glued on the end. If he cut it in the wrong place, he would ruin the cigars. Let’s just say he finally got it open and was the better bomber on that exchange!

Last but not least, Jfields, Mysterea, Jonesy, Seth and myself all agreed to meet for a primitive camping trip in West Virginia, none of us had ever met with the exception of Mysterea who was my brother in law. This could go very bad! But we had a blast and the friendships and memories will live on forever!
I kept trying to take a picture of John and I swear, I got this same picture at least five times, he kept putting the camera up so I couldn't take his picture.
Hillbilly HERF 2.jpg
After I was sure I got him this time, this is the picture John took of me when I went back to the image and found the exact same thing:
Hillbilly HERF.jpg
There may have been alcohol involved!

Great memories, love seeing these!

I often wonder where Miamicubano went to. Do you still have his contact info?

Pretty sure I was involved in that war on the newbie side, but might have been a different one.

Only 2 CP events I've been able to attend were both so much fun. Included the best picture from each.

Pacnw Herf in Boise w/ @Blue Dragon @kiltedcraftsman @stevehawk @putzmulligan and probably others in forgetting (for some reason I can't tag them?)

FB_IMG_1611964507553.jpg

Great American Beer Fest w/ @denverdog @alexgtp @mmburtch @NullSmurf and others I'm probably forgetting.

smellybeerwench.jpg

Kind of sad nobody from either one really is around anymore.

Also had a great time hanging out in LA way back with @MASPuros @chico and @The Black Cloud, amongst others.

As a newbie of newbies here I hope we can someday have events like these again in the future. I feel like the vherf is a good substitute with the state of the world. However I have heard about the legendary camping trip.

Wish I had pictures to commemorate the great fall of 2020 @kann, the adventures of the bidet @Thoughts, my own personal adventure of the wife overhearing a joke and getting grounded, and many many more!! It’s definitely not the same but it’s made the last year less than shit!! Hopefully our future adventures will include more photos and possibly videos to commemorate the journey.

these posts make me wish I started smoking cigars many years ago.

I was fortunate enough to meet, and become close enough to call friends, two CP members who are no longer with us, unfortunately: Trey (Spad31), and Larry Niemann (golfgar). I wasn't as close to some of the others we have seen pass in recent times, but their loss still hits me just as hard. I've smoked with @JHolmes763, @cabaiguan juan, and @Smokin'Sims, among others I'm surely forgetting. I've been great friends with @PaulTra for the better part of 20 years; well pre-dating our time on CP. The v-herf is an important part of CP's history, now, with legends to be told to our grandkids.

It will ten years come April, so I need to really think about everything I've seen transpire in that time. I reserve the right to revisit.

Pretty sure I was involved in that war on the newbie side, but might have been a different one.

Only 2 CP events I've been able to attend were both so much fun. Included the best picture from each.

Pacnw Herf in Boise w/ @Blue Dragon @kiltedcraftsman @stevehawk @putzmulligan and probably others in forgetting (for some reason I can't tag them?)

View attachment 38487

Great American Beer Fest w/ @denverdog @alexgtp @mmburtch @NullSmurf and others I'm probably forgetting.

View attachment 38492

Kind of sad nobody from either one really is around anymore.

Also had a great time hanging out in LA way back with @MASPuros @chico and @The Black Cloud, amongst others.
I think you were in that war. Love the pics!

Great memories, love seeing these!

I often wonder where Miamicubano went to. Do you still have his contact info?
I don't. He was always such a mystery, he played the bomb with such class and I get the feeling that was par for his course. I know there were members back then who knew him personally but I did not.

I forgot, I was down in Atlanta with my brother to play golf and watch the Braves/Phillies series, and spent the first day before my brother got there hanging out @puffstuff with Al. Watched Clint Eastwood westerns all day and smoke about 37 cigars. Don't think there were any other CPers there (actually, @discdog I think has an account here, but was never really active), but some great guys from another forum (can't remember which one).

Lack of sleep and a couple of fingers of Scotch had me looking through a number of old post and it got me a little sentimental. I've been fortunate to meet up with a decent number of members and am still amazed at the generosity. Whether it was a concrete floor and an outhouse or trash can JackStack and two chicks making out, HERFs with strangers have never failed to disappoint.

@Bsneed51, @punk_lawyer, @universal

I found these pictures from our herfs at your camp. Like you, I've recently popped back on after hearing about Hank passing.

It feels like coming back home after being away for years. It's changed, but not really.fire.JPGThe_HERF_2.jpgtrio.JPG

Last but not least, Jfields, Mysterea, Jonesy, Seth and myself all agreed to meet for a primitive camping trip in West Virginia, none of us had ever met with the exception of Mysterea who was my brother in law. This could go very bad! But we had a blast and the friendships and memories will live on forever!
I kept trying to take a picture of John and I swear, I got this same picture at least five times, he kept putting the camera up so I couldn't take his picture.
View attachment 38480
After I was sure I got him this time, this is the picture John took of me when I went back to the image and found the exact same thing:
View attachment 38479
[/QUOTE]
Having recently become a bit more active on CP has brought back so many good memories I thought it would be a good idea to create a thread where people can reminisce about their special moments; with pictures we hope. Whether it be the classic lines from a classic FOG like the recently lost Devil Doc, bombs, the newbie/FOG wars, the HERF’s, or just the earlier days of CP. Thanks @Rod !

When I joined in 2007 it seemed that a newbie/FOG war was a regular occurrence and we were no exception. @jfields , and many others of us got involved in a war with FOG’s that damn near broke several of us newbies! Below is the label that we newbies had made and attached to a cigar to represent the fact that we “thought” we won the war. We sent them to FOG's and challenged them guess what the stick was. There were pipe bombs, glass bombs, stink bombs, and many more.

"Para Los Nuevos" meant "For the new ones"
View attachment 38476

At one time I bombed Miamicubano with this gem, we had so much fun playing it out!
https://www.cigarpass.com/community/threads/a-bomb-with-a-twist.31939/
This is how the build started:
View attachment 38477

This is mid-way:
View attachment 38481
This is how it ended:
View attachment 38478

If you read the post you will see reference to a bomb that @AVB encased in concrete in a flat rate USPS box, I think it weighed 50 pounds? And I sent Smokyballs a bomb which was encased in a 3” PVC pipe with caps glued on the end. If he cut it in the wrong place, he would ruin the cigars. Let’s just say he finally got it open and was the better bomber on that exchange!

View attachment 38480
View attachment 38479

The memories I've got. I was here and listened to the play by play on concrete and can we ship 50#, Diamond embossed steel plate, cigars in glass tubes and embedded in a manner that astounded the CIA. Of course the other side was receipt of the bomb and the take apart. We are clever and fun loving group, and I'm glad I was ( and am) still around. Kind of want to see how slamming your sick in car door plays out.

My fondest and scariest CP memory Quad State HERF 7 in 2012. It was my first year making the ride to West Point and as long as my heart is still beating and Charlie @stogieman is still hosting this event I will be there.

Long story short the ride from Derry to West Point is 4.5hrs and as so as we were making our final 1/2 mile into the camp ground my break lines blew.... so after the event I did what any normal thinking 28 year old does and drove back to Derry with no brakes. I mean Absolutely NO brakes.

I met some of the greatest people I have ever met besides... Gary @ironpeddler 😘

5BCD27CA-71B1-4EF3-8E37-D7EB6FD20A41.jpeg
First QSH Pic.
Left to Right;
@Bayamos, @ironpeddler, me, @setinstone, @MarkJr, @Nashkicker, Marks Brother, @Joebunga

4FA9B5A3-544E-46C7-9473-12FE53BF63FB.jpeg

2019 QSH
Left to Right
@ironpeddler , @Bayamos , Me, @thinde

Fantastic Year!

Last edited:
Love seeing these pics! I have been here a little over 7 years, and have met with Rod and his family several times... Great guy, great family, love them!! I have not met personally with anyone else, but had great (and personal) conversations with Larry (golfgar), Hank and Dan (MadMonk) And, even though I haven’t met some others in person, you are definitely my family.

I have been to plenty of Herfs with people on this board mostly from 2005-2009. NYC crew met up a few times a month when it was warm Quad state herfs were legendary . I met Rod and his crew in CA Traveled to Georgia and met some people there. Some from PA. Met a bunch of guys in New Orleans during the annual cigar industry shows in the convention center there ( forgot what was the name for the event at that time ) I had an easy job and plenty of time on my hands. Then I met my wife and kind of disappeared from this place for a bit. Then came back in 2018 and still saw a few of the familiar names and a whole lot of new faces. All amazing BOTLS. now I just wish this Covid would go away so I can get a chance to smoke a good cigar in a good company with you folks

Being new to the board it's cool reading all these past stories. To mirror what @kann said, we have been friends for a long time. When I decided to get back into cigars he introduced me to this site and it's been a wonderful time. Having the opportunity to talk to people on here and especially on the v-herf has been a great experience and look forward to more years on this site.

Lack of sleep and a couple of fingers of Scotch had me looking through a number of old post and it got me a little sentimental. I've been fortunate to meet up with a decent number of members and am still amazed at the generosity. Whether it was a concrete floor and an outhouse or trash can JackStack and two chicks making out, HERFs with strangers have never failed to disappoint.

@Bsneed51, @punk_lawyer, @universal
There was a wooden stage you could have slept on?;)

My fondest and scariest CP memory Quad State HERF 7 in 2012. It was my first year making the ride to West Point and as long as my heart is still beating and Charlie @stogieman is still hosting this event I will be there.

Long story short the ride from Derry to West Point is 4.5hrs and as so as we were making our final 1/2 mile into the camp ground my break lines blew.... so after the event I did what any normal thinking 28 year old does and drove back to Derry with no brakes. I mean Absolutely NO brakes.

I met some of the greatest people I have ever met besides... Gary @ironpeddler 😘

View attachment 38513
First QSH Pic.
Left to Right;
@Bayamos, @ironpeddler, me, @setinstone, @MarkJr, @Nashkicker, Marks Brother, @Joebunga

View attachment 38515

2019 QSH
Left to Right
@ironpeddler , @Bayamos , Me, @thinde

Fantastic Year!

What a great fucking time!