• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Mild CC

kann

One Leg Of Fury.
Alright, now that I've discovered the local LCDH, I see myself wobbling to and fro quite often for as long as we are staying in this temp place in the city. I am, admittedly, nowhere near as cultured in CCs as many of you. Let's say that reasonable price is not a concern -- what are some of the more milder cigars that won't make me any more wobbly than I already am for the walk home? Once I get me a sturdy walking stick, I plan on trying everything and anything they have in stock. :D

Also, what are some that I should make a priority to hunt out? What are the "can't miss" CCs?

Based on what I see you smoking, I think you'll find most of them fairly mild. Assuming the stock there is fresh? If so, I really like RyJ and H Upman fresh.

And aged for that matter!

That was going to be another question, about freshness. I would have to assume that unless they otherwise outright say so, everything there is pretty recent. I suppose it's bad etiquette to pick up a box to look at the date? What about just asking? Sorry... I have not spent too much time in high-end stores/lounges like this. Thanks for the recommendations.

That was going to be another question, about freshness. I would have to assume that unless they otherwise outright say so, everything there is pretty recent. I suppose it's bad etiquette to pick up a box to look at the date? What about just asking? Sorry... I have not spent too much time in high-end stores/lounges like this. Thanks for the recommendations.
Well, I haven't spent any time in lounges with CC, so no clue on the etiquette, but I'd look haha.

Mild:
RyJ Mille Fleur
Trinidad Reyes
HU Mag46

Can't miss:
Any double or triple banded money munchers (regional or limited editions)
Trinidad Fundadores
HU Sir Winston
Anything on the discontinued list

Thank you, friends. Had an HU Magnum 46 today. It was absolutely fantastic. Next time I go in I think I'm going to go for either a Trinidad or Fonsecas. Appreciate all the input.

Once I get my hiking stick, it's Game On in that humidor!

I was just in Argentina and went to a couple of high end type shops as well as some shops in the UK and elsewhere and there is no etiquette for asking about some boxes with a bit of age. Once they recognize your mug they will be more open to answering the questions. Sometimes just sort through the stack of boxes. BTW add Punch Punch to the list, shouldn't be that outrageous.

I take the opposite approach when trying to turn NC smokers onto Habanos... I suggest fuller-bodied cigars like Bolivar, Partagas, and especially Vegas Robaina. H. Upmann is great too. None of them are nearly as full as Drew Estates' offerings, but they can open up your palate to some of the nuances that make them so wonderful. Then you can work back to some of the lighter-bodied offerings.

I take the opposite approach when trying to turn NC smokers onto Habanos... I suggest fuller-bodied cigars like Bolivar, Partagas, and especially Vegas Robaina. H. Upmann is great too. None of them are nearly as full as Drew Estates' offerings, but they can open up your palate to some of the nuances that make them so wonderful. Then you can work back to some of the lighter-bodied offerings.

I'm very much looking forward to smoking some of the more full-bodied offerings once I can sit in my own backyard or patio. But, for now, I have to attempt to walk back to our temp apartment from the lounge... and that's enough of a challenge BEFORE getting my ass kicked by the nicotine! ?

If you can find a Cohiba with a year plus on it. Buy. I’d suggest Rafael Gonzales petit corona. Definitely find with 1 year plus here. 2-3 years they are an extremely delicious smoke IMHO. A Montecristo Edmundo with 1 year plus on it is also worth searching for. Any current RyJ in the Churchill lines would be a good, solid, smoke. I think most of these are mild to barely medium.

C

By the way if I am not mistaken you are allowed to bring back to us up to 100 Cuban cigars per person. Just a heads up ;)

Can't believe I didn't see HdM on here, one of my favorite, more mild cigar. Maybe because they are all wider ring gauge..
also can't go wrong with LGC. MD4 or 2 really.
Cohiba and QdO to echo John/Cesar.

Agree with 99% of this... I would include the Boli, Party and VR as well, and say especially Ramon Allones...