• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Missing Warranty Seal?

Very interesting stuff Wilkey! Thanks for the fun and informative read :thumbs:

Wow!! Incredible detective work and information as always!!

Great systematic work, Wilkey. Thanks for the info. This will be great to know once the embargo is lifted. :thumbs:

Now the question is, do you dare taking your equipments to the hotels you stay in? :laugh:

A quality forensic analysis! Thanks for the great post as usual!!

CSI: Wilkey! :laugh: Casual investigation my ass! Wilkey, do you ever just relax and just smoke one?

Keep up the good work!

Now the question is, do you dare taking your equipments to the hotels you stay in? :laugh:
Oh god, no. I prefer to assume all surfaces are covered in feces and ejaculate and just wear my slippers everywhere including the shower.

CSI: Wilkey! :laugh: Casual investigation my ass! Wilkey, do you ever just relax and just smoke one?

Keep up the good work!
Thanks and hell yes I do. I never write about those experiences though. Yesterday I had a BoliPC in the morning with coffee and a paper and it was relaxing and enjoyable. Then in the evening, I smoked the 2006 Dip4 I drafted and got my ass kicked. What a great little stick with gobs of potential. An amazing floral trailing smoke too. Great all around.

:D
Wilkey

Damned impressive stuff, as usual, Wilkey.

"CSI: Wilkey" -- I love that, Brad!

Hi Wilkey. Thanks for this information. If I understand right, the fact that the coat of arms isn't clearly visible is not necessarily evidence of something suspicious. What about the flip side, if it is there, does this pretty much assure the sticks inside are real? Kevin

Wilkey impressive as always!

As for the CSI moniker, that was given to him a while back!

Very thorough analysis, Wilkey! :thumbs:

Brilliant analysis but I gotta ask..... Did anyone bother to smoke one to determine their "authenticity".... :laugh:

Brilliant analysis but I gotta ask..... Did anyone bother to smoke one to determine their "authenticity".... :laugh:

Wilkey has smoked more fakes for the common good than anyone I know. He can best answer on this case, but if you follow his link for fake ISOMs you'll see tons of information not only on the packaging but the cigars themselves.

Wilkey has smoked more fakes for the common good than anyone I know. He can best answer on this case, but if you follow his link for fake ISOMs you'll see tons of information not only on the packaging but the cigars themselves.
Anthony is spot on. I received a pair each of the RASS and JL in question and I have smoked one of each. They are exactly as expected. I've been smoking a fair amount of RASS and RASCC lately and it was right in line. I dissected the internals of the stub and they were normal. Same for the JL except that that marca is not one I have a lot of experience with. It did strike me as quite similar to but milder than a JL Corona I recently sampled.

I do smoke a fake occasionally just to stay calibrated. The most recent was a HdM DC from 50-cab bought from SoloCigars. It was inoffensive but completely, completely one dimensional. The tobacco was about the blandest I had ever tasted in any burning cigar. The internals showed very dried out, fragmentary leaves with some quite oddly colored. I do keep all my counterfeit specimens under RH control as my real sticks so they are in "good" condition.

I am really excited but also very stunned by a recent acquisition of some unused bands, seals, and Habanos inserts. These are, upon initial inspection, perfect in every way. Right down to the proper paper, UV coat of arms, everything. This rocked my world.

Wilkey

This is scary, but also not surprising..... With the way technology is now days and the pure financial gain one has in producing fake Cohibas, it was only a matter of time until fakes that were this good came along... The thing that I've noticed in the short time that I've been reading about you Wilkey is that you obviously very knowledgeable when it comes to real and fake Cohibas. What scares me is when even you admit that you receive a fake that is SOOOOOO good that the only way you could tell that it was a fake was that you've smoked so many legit ones that it's just a natural instinct. I just hope that one day we won't have to worry about "legits" and "fakes" and that all cigar smokers around the world can enjoy a quality smoke without having to look over their shoulder or question what they're inhaling......

I wanted to provide an update. I recently had the opportunity to examine seals from several boxes of first-quarter 2007 boxes and the warranty seal paper was the old, non-fluorescent variety. Yowza.

Wilkey