• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Mixed drink book

CBoukal

Impeached Staff Member
Staff member
I’d like to get a book that has mixed drink recipes that normal people would drink. I’ve looked at a bunch and they start normal and quickly switch to requiring me to buy a $60 bottle of something that I need 1 oz of and will never use that liquor for another recipe ever. Every time I make a drink I just google it and use the first recipe and I’d like to keep my own notes or changes in the book. I am half tempted to just get a blank journal and write up every one I pick to make.

What do you use??

I feel these books make you buy a bunch of mixing liquors that will just sit in the bar for ever. Outside of an old fashioned the only mixed drink I like are the ones made professionally. And I am pretty happy with having one or two every 2-3 months. Otherwise I will just stick to bourbon, scotch and rum

These look pretty basic.
Simple mixed drinks

Here is my recipe for Bloody Mary:
8-10 ounces of Clamato juice (key ingredient) over ice
1Tablespoon of Worcestershire (to your taste)
3 drops of Tabasco
1 teaspoon horseradish

Shaken, not stirred!

Garnish as you wish:
Celery
Dill pickle
Tiger prawn (my favorite)

So @CigarStone and @CgarDan vote for a journal and fill it myself. That’s how I am leaning at this point
If you find something you like in the way of a book, use it, and tweak it as you see fit. My problem is that I get to drinking and smoking and BS'ing and I forget to write down the subtle teaks.

Start a journal, unless you can get your hands on an actual bartenders school book.

I only ever seem to make old fashion's, Manhattan's and sex on the beach for the wife.

Once in a great while I'll make long island ice tea , but good luck finding the original recipe.