• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Mold or plume? Need your thoughts...

Rod

Administrator
Staff member
What do you think? Should I eat it or just wipe it off?

moldy.jpg

Those are just flavor crystals! YUMMMM!!!!!!!!!

Well did your baker age the bread properly, it all depends really. I would say give it a month or two and check back after it brushes off.

It looks like it's a well aged loaf, oils have risen to the top......  :D

I bet your baker sold you this beautiful plumed bread saying it's nothing to worry about ? Lol

If the mold is just on the surface, I would say wipe it off and eat it.  It it has penetrated into the bread, I would suggest licking your beads then eating the bread.  Licking the beads will kill anything that might be caught from eating the bread.

My buddy brought it back from the Philipines.  He said it's an authentic Cuban loaf, made in Cuba.  Looks like plume to me.  Anyone wanna buy it? And yes it's real!

Don't listen to these idiots.  What you have there is a wonderfully aged, plume coated loaf of bread.  You can easily identify it as plume because it's fluffy, blue, and only shows up in spots.  I can't believe that a cigar forum such as this would have any question as to the condition of that fine loaf.  You should smoke it proudly and enjoy the interesting and complex flavors......

I would say, hang on to it.  You may develop a new strain of penicillin.  Become rich, Drive fast cars, Be invited to huge social events..........you never know.

Mmmmm...looks tasty.  I just had something that looks a lot like that this morning.  Delicious...

If that was rye bread, you might just have something there. :whistling: Send it to Fishy, he might even put on his dress if he smoked it.

Doc

Sell it on ebay. Its obviously aged and a steal at any price.  You could call it Anejo Bread.

Devil Doc said:
If that was rye bread, you might just have something there. :whistling: Send it to Fishy, he might even put on his dress if he smoked it.

Doc

Mmmmmm, rye ergot!

-Rob

Toast the foot & see if it tastes right.
Er wait... cut out a piece & place it on your tongue, just make sure to lick the beads first!!