• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Mold or plume?

Just wipe it off and santize that spot with some grain alcohol on a q-tip. Don't go nuts and soak the wrapper just dab the spots and check your humidity or add a small fan to get some air movement.

Just my humble opinion,
Ron

My humidity if anything is under at 63 average so not sure what to do and it was only this one five pack put together that had it nothing else in humdior

The middle pic definitely looks like a little mold. The other two pics I didn't see much to worry about.

I have seen that happen before in my coolidor. If your storing in anything plastic try adding some Spanish cedar it is supposed to help absorb any excess humidity. Use a humidifier that will take up humidity "Boveda". You may need to add some sort of fan to create some air current or just open the lid a couple times a week. Just remember that temperature is a big part of the humidity level. A temperature swing will also change the humidity level.

Was going through my humdior and found one pack of monties and found some white stuff temp hasn't been over 75 and rh hadn't been over 66 here's the before and after wipe down
I'm no expert but that looks like mold to me look at the fluffyness on that one spot and it was said plumes not supposed to just wipe off

I was reading the colloidal silver thread a few days back and someone mentioned using the solution (2oz nano silver to 1 gal of distilled water) with a q tip removed any trace of mold on their cigar. I’m assuming it would work very similar to Ron’s suggestion of the grain alcohol. Either way, after you clean it up and decided to smoke it, you’ll know almost instantly if it’s going to be a problem. I would definitely urge you to quarantine any cigars that were close by to avoid spreading.

I was reading the colloidal silver thread a few days back and someone mentioned using the solution (2oz nano silver to 1 gal of distilled water) with a q tip removed any trace of mold on their cigar. I’m assuming it would work very similar to Ron’s suggestion of the grain alcohol. Either way, after you clean it up and decided to smoke it, you’ll know almost instantly if it’s going to be a problem. I would definitely urge you to quarantine any cigars that were close by to avoid spreading.
This is what I do... odorless and tasteless... works like a charm...

i agree just wipe out the outside and i think the burn will kill the rest of the mold inside of the cigar body.

I was told a couple years ago by a few BOTL's who I trust imminently to start using colloidal silver in my distilled water to reduce an unpleasant odor in my coolerdors. It worked magic! Additionally, I have never had a question about mold since! And to reiterate what @BlindedByScience said, if it's concentrated, spider webby, and three dimensional, it's probably mold.

It is ALWAYS mold.
I know a guy offering a sizeable bounty for plume. He has the samples lab tested. Nobody has won.

It is ALWAYS mold.
I know a guy offering a sizeable bounty for plume. He has the samples lab tested. Nobody has won.

His lab? Can I be present when he performs the test? I will be sitting in the corner smoking a nice aged cigar while tests the cap:)

My home for old, sad CC's is always ready for another resident or three. Just trying to help... 😀
Funny! I’m opening a new home for them myself! I will make them feel very welcome and special. 😄

You guys will both torture them with fire!

His lab? Can I be present when he performs the test? I will be sitting in the corner smoking a nice aged cigar while tests the cap:)

You guys will both torture them with fire!

No, he sends them off to a lab.