• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Molina Cigar / Devil's Weed Introduction

Mr. Puro

Greetings friends,

my name is Luis Molina and I am with Molina Cigar Company. Rod was cordial enough to invite me to this fine forum (I have been looking around here and the format looks clean and attractive); I hope this is the start of a great friendship with all the members here at Cigar Pass.

Just to give you a background of the company and me: I started in this industry at the retail level (at Don Juan Cigar Co. in New Orleans) five years ago. I then worked for their parent company, Imperial Trading Company (not to be confused with Imperial Tobacco), overseeing their premium cigar department. I left in September to pursue this goal of producing and distributing my own cigar. I thought it fitting to begin with our first brand, Devil's Weed, as it is a tribute to the cigar history and smoker. We are based in Pensacola, FL. The cigar-maker is Tabacos Leoncio, a small cigar factory in Tamboril, D.R., and I believe they are making great cigars (the blends are clean and refined and do not leave that nicotine-lacing around your mouth days afterwards like some cigars out there). You may visit our website to get more details as I simply wanted to introduce myself and Molina Cigar.

I also want to inform you of our March Madness promotion in which participants can win a free box of Devil's Weed Colón. Go to espn.com to the tournament challenge and register. Then join our group (called "Devil's Weed") and type in the password ("molinacigar"). Fill out as many entries and the winning bracket of the group will win a free box of cigars! (to make it easier this is the direct link to the group page: http://games.espn.go.com/tcmen/group?groupID=58421); Good luck!

Hey Luis, thanks for joining up. Great introduction. I hadn't heard of Devils Weed, but it sounds interesting. I was already filling out my brackets for ESPN anyway, I'll probably give it a go with you guys :)

Welcome to Cigar Pass.

Welcome aboard... I am always looking to try new blends.

When you have time (and if you care to) offer some small sampler packs to the board so we can see what your all about.

Welcome aboard... I am always looking to try new blends.

When you have time (and if you care to) offer some small sampler packs to the board so we can see what your all about.

x2 :thumbs:

Nice gesture for the tourney!! I'm in!

Welcome to CP!

Interesting. Will you be at RTDA? Would be interested in trying your cigar.

Tkoepp: Great idea; How about this:

the first 15 people to PM their address will receive a sampler package of Devil's Weed so you can try them out and review them. As I mentioned we are awaiting our first shipment still and as soon as they come in, a package will be sent. Good luck and thanks to all who have welcomed me!

Tkoepp: I saw your icon of a Notre Dame flag; did you go there? I see that your location is Notre Dame country. I went to school there, that's why I ask. Hopefully they do well in the tourney but I'm not sure they can go past North Carolina.

Bonfire: where in LA do you live?

Welcome to CP sir. Great to have you on board, and I wish you all of the best success on this new venture. :thumbs:

Welcome to CP

Thank you for the offering of the samplers - I'm sure many will enjoy.

Scott

Welcome to CP Luis, always nice to see another fellow golden domer on the boards.

Welcome to the pass look foward to watching the weed grow

Welcome to CP! Nice to have more people ITB representing their products.

Welcome to CP Luis.

Good luck with your new brand.

I would make one proviso to your generous offer to send out 15 samples...they must post a review! If your smokes are good, many here will be purchasing them, including me.

Brian