• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Molina Cigar / Devil's Weed Introduction

Greetings friends,

my name is Luis Molina and I am with Molina Cigar Company. Rod was cordial enough to invite me to this fine forum (I have been looking around here and the format looks clean and attractive); I hope this is the start of a great friendship with all the members here at Cigar Pass.

Just to give you a background of the company and me: I started in this industry at the retail level (at Don Juan Cigar Co. in New Orleans) five years ago. I then worked for their parent company, Imperial Trading Company (not to be confused with Imperial Tobacco), overseeing their premium cigar department. I left in September to pursue this goal of producing and distributing my own cigar. I thought it fitting to begin with our first brand, Devil's Weed, as it is a tribute to the cigar history and smoker. We are based in Pensacola, FL. The cigar-maker is Tabacos Leoncio, a small cigar factory in Tamboril, D.R., and I believe they are making great cigars (the blends are clean and refined and do not leave that nicotine-lacing around your mouth days afterwards like some cigars out there). You may visit our website to get more details as I simply wanted to introduce myself and Molina Cigar.

I also want to inform you of our March Madness promotion in which participants can win a free box of Devil's Weed Colón. Go to espn.com to the tournament challenge and register. Then join our group (called "Devil's Weed") and type in the password ("molinacigar"). Fill out as many entries and the winning bracket of the group will win a free box of cigars! (to make it easier this is the direct link to the group page: http://games.espn.go.com/tcmen/group?groupID=58421); Good luck!

Hi Luis
Congrats on the new venture.
Where and when Can I get some new smokes?
I'm from Mobile-- Next door Will you have any at the Pcola Jazz Fest?

Enjoy.
Mark

I would try any cigar with the name Devil's Weed at least once. Can't wait to see the reviews.

Fish

Thanks everyone! We got the top 15 PMs. Expect a package in a few weeks now! I'd appreciate an honest opinion (I'm excited about the cigars as they have been aging since late August; we'll normally put at least 3 months of box age on them though). As for the name, we went back and forth with it because of its "controversial" name but we are sticking with the historical roots (as the Spanish Inquisition called tabaco the "Devil's Weed" even though we BOTL all know it's not). It's fitting nowadays as so many non-smokers consider us outcasts anyway!

Hey, Rodrigo de Jerez: we even have a vitola called Jerez in honor of Columbus' sailor who was credited with being the first European to discover tabaco.

Thanks for the support CP!

That will teach me for checking back in on a thread! ??? Oh well, I will have to settle on the box from the contest if Memphis wins it all! :thumbs:

Got my 3 pack in the mail yesterday. As soon as I let them settle down in the humi for a week or so I am going to try them out and post a review.

Nick

My weed arrived yesterday! :D

They look and smell great. I'm going to try one tonight, and will post a review.

Thanks Luis!

Rod

Mine arrived yesterday as well. As soon as this sore throat is kicked, I'll torch one up.

Thanks man!

I received some as well. Many thanks. Will let them rest a bit, and then give them a whirl.
And I love the clever packaging.

Edit to add

Welcome a baord, looking forward to the reviews and a chance to try them. Any one in Oregon going to have them??

Paul

My samplers arrived this last week as well.
Thank you!
As soon as they have a few days to settle I too will smoke one and post a review.

My sampler arrived as well. Once I get home from school and have the chance, I will be sure to post a review. Thanks!

Here are links to the reviews so far, looks like it's a hit.

Review #1
Review #2
Review #3

I would also like to know where these can be had from. Do we have any vendors on the board that are carrying them?

I got some Devil Weed in the mail today. I'm under investigation by CID and my security clearance has been revoked... but these are supposed to be worth it, eh?? :D Hope to have a review in a few days. :)

Thank you all for the kind words and the support we have been receiving because of your interest. I apologize for not responding as much as I would have liked. To answer some of your questions about retailers who are carrying the cigar (like in Mobile and Oregon) we are currently calling on big stores in all the major markets so we can get good distribution. As far as internet, one of our own, Kevin, at www.silocigars.com is carrying the brand (if he didn't mention it elsewhere by now).

I am excited to see the blend has been mostly positive; I know many, it seems, prefer stronger, richer cigars, so this first line may not be suitable for some; but we wanted a clean and refined blend and one with more cream notes. For the stronger-cigar fans we are currently working on a second blend that will satisfy this crowd.

I am honored that many of you fellow CPers are interested in our efforts and we hope to provide a great cigar for you! Thanks again!

-Luis

Thanks Luis, you're a stand up guy and I hope you the best with the new line. BTW I love the logo.

Thanks Luis. Even though I would not classify this as a full bodied cigar, I would definitely not say it's lacking in the flavor department.....It has a nice spice to it.

I got my sampler as well, thanks Luis. :thumbs:
Definitely looking forward to trying these after reading all of the preliminary reviews.