• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Monster Mash Advent

Joe,
This was an awesome thread to read through. I just got my box and haven't smoked any yet. I am nto sure yet if I will smoke in the order they came in the box or your ranking order lowest to highest :)

Looking forward to them either way.

Dave

Joe,
This was an awesome thread to read through. I just got my box and haven't smoked any yet. I am nto sure yet if I will smoke in the order they came in the box or your ranking order lowest to highest :)

Looking forward to them either way.

Dave

Thanks I appreciate it. I had a good time doing the reviews. Enjoy your box however you choose to smoke them.

Is this an annual thing or available year round?
I welcome another response on this if someone knows more.
Each cigar in the series has been released once over the last 13 years. This year Tatuaje released the Frank Redux 1 for the first (and only time? since the original) and the Monster Mash. To my knowledge it won't be a yearly release but is a one time offering.
@modo22 @drunkfish3
Anyone?

Ah ok thanks. I was just pondering if I could get one for next Halloween.

I welcome another response on this if someone knows more.
Each cigar in the series has been released once over the last 13 years. This year Tatuaje released the Frank Redux 1 for the first (and only time? since the original) and the Monster Mash. To my knowledge it won't be a yearly release but is a one time offering.
@modo22 @drunkfish3
Anyone?
Thats correct has far as I know.

3602282C-E2D1-432E-8034-A59193E5F92C.jpeg

I really enjoyed the Chuck. It is sitting tied for 6th almost 5th place.

smoking Tiff right now and can say it’s ok, but not as enjoyable yet like yours was. I will also say that the Tiff monster smoked better with more flavor than this mash version…not sure why.

View attachment 48776

I really enjoyed the Chuck. It is sitting tied for 6th almost 5th place.

smoking Tiff right now and can say it’s ok, but not as enjoyable yet like yours was. I will also say that the Tiff monster smoked better with more flavor than this mash version…not sure why.
Can you list them in order ? Curious how you rank them

UGH, I saw the poll option and thought that would be awesome, but you can only have 10 options and we need 14 for the Monster Mash. Dang, that would have been pretty cool. Oh well...if anyone has a suggestion on how to do a poll, let me know. JoeMO

UGH, I saw the poll option and thought that would be awesome, but you can only have 10 options and we need 14 for the Monster Mash. Dang, that would have been pretty cool. Oh well...if anyone has a suggestion on how to do a poll, let me know. JoeMO
A poll about what though?

I was going to list the 14 sticks from Monster Mash and allow people to pick their 3 favorites

I was going to list the 14 sticks from Monster Mash and allow people to pick their 3 favorites
One of the Vherf guys knows a lot about Poles....
In all seriousness, survey monkey does free ones you could link here.

Michael — 5 x 52 (Ecuadorian Habano Wrapper)
61°, nice day, little breeze, water, used the trusty punch, started at 5:35

Dry draw made me think I was in for some pepper

The first third - easy light, plenty of smoke
Not identifying any notes makes me wonder if there are some nutty notes
One spot with a torn wrapper. should not be an issue. But it became more of one than I hoped
Needed an early touch-up, but only once
Retrohale - bread or toast - In the end, the retrohale was when this cigar spoke to me the most.
Nothing is grabbing my attention
The second third - some slight sweetness
At this point this could be one of the most boring smokes I’ve had
The cigar never did anything for me. By far, the least enjoyable smoke from this series.
Always an easy draw, plenty of smoke, but only hints of bread throughout. I don't know what to say
Finished at 7:00 with an uneventful smoke
Score: 70 I have another box, so I'll smoke it again, but it was definitely disappointing relative to the rest of the series.
Hopefully, the "Chuck" will get me back on track tomorrow, but it is the same wrapper so....

A picture or two to follow.
So I decided to start with your lowest ranking. Smoked the Michael tonight. I have to say I was expecting to be disappointed but I actually enjoyed it. I do tend to like milder cigars, and I am not very big on picking up different notes to be honest. Overall it had a nice draw, a lot of smoke and an overall pleasant flavor. I am curious how it will seem after I smoke some of the others.

So I decided to start with your lowest ranking. Smoked the Michael tonight. I have to say I was expecting to be disappointed but I actually enjoyed it. I do tend to like milder cigars, and I am not very big on picking up different notes to be honest. Overall it had a nice draw, a lot of smoke and an overall pleasant flavor. I am curious how it will seem after I smoke some of the others.
Glad you liked it. I had a good draw and plenty of smoke as well but the flavor notes didn't do anything for me. I have another one that I'll smoke someday and hope it changes my mind a bit.

Last edited:
How do you guys tell which is which? I figured there would be a list or diagram or something. I found them arranged by size - I guess I can measure each one.

How do you guys tell which is which? I figured there would be a list or diagram or something. I found them arranged by size - I guess I can measure each one.

If they are still in the box, they are listed on the front of the box. Top left to right, then bottom left to right. Or find a picture from an opened box and compare. Lastly, If out of the box, I posted a cigar picture with each review so you could look at the color. Hope one of these helps you.