• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Montecristo Edmundos Vs. No 2

I am just going to stay away form Monti line for now, I will pickup few sampler sticks when I go down to LCDH next week so I can compare.

I know, I like monti 2's but they are not all that. There are better cigars out there OJman. Try Partagas P2.

Well, I don't want to go with H.Upmann since after Christmas I intend on buying a box of Mag 46's. However, per the suggestion of G.K. Rat, maybe I'll look into the Partagas P2.

hmmmmm.... the wheels are turning...

Hell, I gotta get some montes since I've never tried them before. Perhaps I'll do another group buy next month and also include a box of Partagas or something else :thumbs:

Properly aged Monte 2's are fantastic cigars, very unique flavors with some great nose. I have not had any problems with inconsistency since my first box of 1986 Monte 2s. Properly aged is the key, young Monte 2's suck.

The Master said:
Properly aged is the key, young Monte 2's suck.

And there's the rub...Once you're over 60, you wonder if you'll ever get the opportunity to enjoy the cigars you've been aging.

Wow thanks for all the input guys as both the #2 & Edmundo's (3 packs) are on my Xmass shortlist that is being soon fullfiled by a visiting friend from overseas. I tried Ed's & they were fine to my unexperienced palate but they didn't leave me with any repeated cravings but that was probably as I had a 3 pack of Trini Robustos Extra to finish up that weekend :rolleyes:
The #2 I had (long time ago) were a pleasurable smoke to the best of my recollection but those were probably earlier vintages (before all these noted quality inconsistencies). Do any of you know perhaps what would be an advisable minimum vintage that one should look for in regards to #2 & Edmundos? Also do all 3 & 5 packs currently available come only in most recent vintages? Thanks in advance for any & all of your insigths.

I certainly hope you are not asking a friend to commit a felony by muling cigars for you. There are too many on line sources that are completely safe. Do not put your friend at risk.

The Master said:
I certainly hope you are not asking a friend to commit a felony by muling cigars for you. There are too many on line sources that are completely safe. Do not put your friend at risk.
[snapback]252542[/snapback]​

No worries master i would do nothing of such sort ;) He is a foreign national & an avid smoker himself, he is bringing some for personal consumption all the time with no problems. I'm just the benefactor of his quite generious offer.

:) smoked ao edmundo yesterday .. had about a yr on them...finally starting to come thru;;; :rolleyes: