• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

More Opus/GOF Than I've Ever Seen!

They only had a couple in that bag. Most are in that box in the last picture. That said, I'm not "vouching" for the store. Simply showing what's there if someone wanted something.
Chris
PS: It's getting a little too close to closing time to today, so from here out if you want me to pick something up for you, simply drop me a PM and we'll work out some sort of timeline.

They only had a couple in that bag. Most are in that box in the last picture. That said, I'm not "vouching" for the store. Simply showing what's there if someone wanted something.
Chris
PS: It's getting a little too close to closing time to today, so from here out if you want me to pick something up for you, simply drop me a PM and we'll work out some sort of timeline.

You could always contact Fuente directly to see if they are legit and would have those smokes.

Phil, the BBMF bags could be from sets what were broken up...but I don't recall which would have NO cello???

Yea I dunno, all sorts of interesting shit going around lately.

I saw all of that odd stuff last night walking the strip with the future wife (Her first time in Vegas), like FFOX Robustos for $60 a pop, FFOX RDCs for $85 a piece. You don't want to even know what A's and the more rare were going for... One of the shops was even in Caesars about 100 feet from the Forum Shops... If I wanted to be gouged, I'd go to the actual Casa Fuente.

Oh and Padron Little Hammers were "affordable" too... :sign:

That is bizarre. I am dubious of the bbmfs randomly in a big ziplock bag.

It seems strange that they are selling Anejo "Sharks" at over 2x MSRP, yet have other things that are suspect @ much more reasonable prices.

Well, they're a legit dealer. They've got the paperwork on the walls, are listed on the Prometheus site, fuente site, etc. etc. I plan to give them a try with some stuff. More for me :) (oh god this could get dangerous hahaha).
Chris
Edit: Thread info aside, for those that live in the area ti's a pretty chill place. First time I've ever seen a pool table in a cigar store! One big negative though, to hang you not only have to buy a cigar... but it has to be a $10+ cigar :(

Yea I dunno, all sorts of interesting shit going around lately.

Lately...what about a fe years ago, the folks in FL selling the fleabay BBMFM's...and crap.

:sign:

I don't recall ever seeing fake BBMFs, have seen some fake chilis and opus sharks though....

ETA: also as I recall, the source of the fakes was never confirmed. There was lots of speculation on how the bands/wrapper/etc came to be

I don't recall ever seeing fake BBMFs, have seen some fake chilis and opus sharks though....

ETA: also as I recall, the source of the fakes was never confirmed. There was lots of speculation on how the bands/wrapper/etc came to be

Hmmm, I thought they had BBMF as well in that lost. Must be the old age.

Some of those look like they are selling singles with the TAA bands on them....marked up of course.....

They aren't selling anejo sharks at 2x MSRP....look at the labels/ bands in the photos...they are selling Opus Sharks at $28.95 (actually pretty spot on with MSRP). I've never heard/ seen Opus Shark Maduros...so I'm having Chris pick me up a couple so I can inspect them. Nothing else really seems suspect, it looks like they just split up the CFCF $50 coffins (of DCM and Opus perfectos) and are selling them as singles at a mark-up. Not the best business practice....but that doesn't make them fake.

There could be many reasons why the BBMF's are in bags. Heroes and Legacies in Austin, TX sells inventory similar to what chris has posted...ridiculous items on the shelves at all times. And it is very legitimate. One reason could be they were shipped in glass tubes (H&L used to have boxes of '05 FFOX lanceros and BBMFs in glass tubes) and the tubes could have broken in shipping. It's speculation, and I'm not defending the shop, but it's pretty hard to fake and largely market LBMF's and BBMF's, especially when you're a certified Aged Selection Dealer. Their prices are spot on with what Heroes and Legacies sold.

The only thing that seems out of line is the "Opus Shark Maduros," and I'm buying some for my own education/ knowledge/ consumption. They could have just been color sorted and could be much darker wrappers and they were labeled maduros when they really aren't. Who knows.

ETA: Just a thought....but If you're a certified aged selection dealer...why go out of your way to sell/ display fake cigars in your shop, and risk losing the ability to carry the rare, pricy, and income bringing rare fuentes? Doesn't make sense. I can see if maybe one of the Poehler brothers (fuente reps) know anything about the opus shark maduros.

The Opus Shark Maduros are fake, according to Carlito...(check the thread on CF)...

-brooks

Like I said....they could have been mislabeled on the shops part. That part of the equation we cannot account for...just because something looks dark, or darker than normal....doesn't necessarily make it a maduro. But to some incompetent shop employee...they might label it based off of how it looks. When I used to work in a shop, I was guilty of that myself.

I'm just trying to play devil's advocate. I want to see one up-close, as the pictures don't do anyone justice. It may not be fake...it may have been a darker wrapper and the box was color sorted....so it was mis-labeled...no one can have a definitive answer.

the wrapperin the side by side pic is darker than an anejo....no way it is just a dark opus shark

Where's Moki when you need him!?

Moki did post in the CF thread regarding this topic, check over there man.

http://lounge.cigarfamily.com/showthread.php?p=3494384#post3494384

Like I said....they could have been mislabeled on the shops part. That part of the equation we cannot account for...just because something looks dark, or darker than normal....doesn't necessarily make it a maduro. But to some incompetent shop employee...they might label it based off of how it looks. When I used to work in a shop, I was guilty of that myself.

I'm just trying to play devil's advocate. I want to see one up-close, as the pictures don't do anyone justice. It may not be fake...it may have been a darker wrapper and the box was color sorted....so it was mis-labeled...no one can have a definitive answer.

I've got some great land to sell you along the Jersey coast...PM for details!

;)

I've got some great land to sell you along the Jersey coast...PM for details!

;)

Jerk. :laugh:

I find it Interesting though, how this is unfolding. As mentioned on CF, there is the risk of losing the Opus license when discovered....and I surely think they've been discovered now, if in fact they are re-banding. I still want to examine one in person, for my own observations/ education.