• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

More Opus/GOF Than I've Ever Seen!

Jake I just noticed you had a 2005 band on that BBMFM. If you don't mind my asking, where did you get it? I have never seen one banded that way and AFAIK the first release was in 2007.

There are actually a lot of double banded 2005 BBMFMs, this one particularly was from the JJFOX Set, which I'm sure you are aware of.

How weird, I definitely didn't remember seeing one like that but I obv. didn't pay attention to those JJF four packs. I wonder if there is any rhyme or reason to the things Fuente does anymore. Speaking of which, I just got one where the wrapper had a totally different orientation

So far, so yum. I'm about halfway through one of the Shark Maduros and it's pretty good. I've never had an Opus X Maduro of any size before this so I couldn't tell you if it's a match... but having smoked a lot of normal Opus X, I could see it.
Chris

They are anejo sharks with an opus band, EOF. I can take a pic of one next to an old wrapper opus maduro, new wrapper opus maduro and an anejo shark if there is still doubt but I am pretty sure these have been thoroughly debunked at this point.

Debunked or not, as long as they are from 1992 they should smoke wonderfully. I know mine do.

How weird, I definitely didn't remember seeing one like that but I obv. didn't pay attention to those JJF four packs. I wonder if there is any rhyme or reason to the things Fuente does anymore. Speaking of which, I just got one where the wrapper had a totally different orientation

The roller was left-handed.

Ummm.... I'm pretty sure the debunk is still out for jury. Just cause you think it's one thing doesn't make it true insight. I just smoked one, and also happen to have Anejo Sharks and they didn't taste the same to me. I believe where we left off was with Jake being stumped. That's not a "fake!"
Either way, doesn't matter, I was there the other day and they have no more of the maddie sharks. That said, it was a good smoke.
Chris

The tobacco used in Opus X cigars seemed to have changed the last couple of years. I know since 2009 the CFCF cigars have lost the raspberry taste I used to get off cigars before 2009. The 2010 CFCF cigars have a nice little kick to them and yet no raspberry taste to them. IMHO the Lancero was one cigar that tasted like a raspberry truffle. Not anymore. Has Moki even weighed in on this so called Opus X Shark Maduro? And i still find it odd that only the one cigar shop had them. None of the heavy hitting accounts had it but the one. It doesn't make sense that the one would be blessed with something that would be pretty rare if it is legit. Since I didn't have the money to gamble on it, I didn't get one to try. And we all know I smoke way to many Opus X. LOL!!!

Ok let me clarify. Carlito Fuente has said they don't exist. You want a more authoritative answer than Carlito? Then after that, moki checked one out and determined it to be an anejo shark. Then I checked one out and determined it to be an anejo shark. Without trying to troll because I don't need admiration or a cp handjob, I am positive that between Andrew and I we have smoked more legit opus maddies of both wrapper types than the remaining active membership of cp combined. Do you want some sort of forensic analysis in a lab or something? You sound just like the guys defending TL for selling fakes on olh. They all swore he was legit and we knew nothing, now they are eating crow.

Jake I just noticed you had a 2005 band on that BBMFM. If you don't mind my asking, where did you get it? I have never seen one banded that way and AFAIK the first release was in 2007.

There are actually a lot of double banded 2005 BBMFMs, this one particularly was from the JJFOX Set, which I'm sure you are aware of.

I bought the same set from JJFOX directly and I can also say that they came with the 05' band on. ;)

So far, so yum. I'm about halfway through one of the Shark Maduros and it's pretty good. I've never had an Opus X Maduro of any size before this so I couldn't tell you if it's a match... but having smoked a lot of normal Opus X, I could see it.
Chris

Dude, Chris, stop calling them Shark maduros man. They're not. You're smoking a very nice $12 dollar Anejo Shark with an Opus band on it.

Heres another photo, just without the cigar in question.. But second from the left, just for the hell of it I took a Opus band and put it on a '07 Shark..

2011-05-15_11-35-39_201.jpg

From L-R. Opus shark, Anejo w/ Opus band, Anejo shark, Anejo shark, BBMFM, BBMFM, Scorpio M, El Scorpion M, Black Orchid.

Opus band was removed after photo from Shark..

Yeah, anyone can fake these man. I've seen them in one shop here in Cali, and I don't go there anymore.

This is starting to feel like the Spivy thread.

Ok let me clarify. Carlito Fuente has said they don't exist. You want a more authoritative answer than Carlito? Then after that, moki checked one out and determined it to be an anejo shark. Then I checked one out and determined it to be an anejo shark. Without trying to troll because I don't need admiration or a cp handjob, I am positive that between Andrew and I we have smoked more legit opus maddies of both wrapper types than the remaining active membership of cp combined. Do you want some sort of forensic analysis in a lab or something? You sound just like the guys defending TL for selling fakes on olh. They all swore he was legit and we knew nothing, now they are eating crow.

Pfft! You three don't know what you're talking about. My third cousin's illegitimate fourth son's daughter's fiancée swears she was there when they were rolled back in 1989 as a special surprise for one lucky cigar shop sometime in the future.

Pfft! You three don't know what you're talking about. My third cousin's illegitimate fourth son's daughter's fiancée swears she was there when they were rolled back in 1989 as a special surprise for one lucky cigar shop sometime in the future.

Don't forget that they smell like an Opus. :rolleyes:

I took sme pics of the 'opus maduro shark' vs an old opus maddie, new opus maddie, regular opus and regregular shark. I will post them up later when I get a chance, iI think it is pretty obvious it is a match to an anejo

Ummm.... I'm pretty sure the debunk is still out for jury. Just cause you think it's one thing doesn't make it true insight. I just smoked one, and also happen to have Anejo Sharks and they didn't taste the same to me. I believe where we left off was with Jake being stumped. That's not a "fake!"
Either way, doesn't matter, I was there the other day and they have no more of the maddie sharks. That said, it was a good smoke.
Chris

I was stumped. There are many things that happen and occur in this industry that can be suspect and fly under the radar...I merely wanted to do a close-up examination of wrappers, sizes, tapering, smell, and taste. Worst case scenario, I overpaid a little for a good smoke...wasn't like I bought a box (which I never would). Regardless, I still had fun with this one...just like in poker, sometimes the right move is to pay for the information. I will say, though, their LBMF's are 100% legit. :love:

The tobacco used in Opus X cigars seemed to have changed the last couple of years. I know since 2009 the CFCF cigars have lost the raspberry taste I used to get off cigars before 2009. The 2010 CFCF cigars have a nice little kick to them and yet no raspberry taste to them. IMHO the Lancero was one cigar that tasted like a raspberry truffle. Not anymore. Has Moki even weighed in on this so called Opus X Shark Maduro? And i still find it odd that only the one cigar shop had them. None of the heavy hitting accounts had it but the one. It doesn't make sense that the one would be blessed with something that would be pretty rare if it is legit. Since I didn't have the money to gamble on it, I didn't get one to try. And we all know I smoke way to many Opus X. LOL!!!

You sure it wasn't more like a granola smoothie? :laugh:

I bought the same set from JJFOX directly and I can also say that they came with the 05' band on. ;)

Glad someone could back me up here, they are smoking mighty fine I might add. :thumbs:

Yeah Jake, as soon as you posted the source I knew they were legit (spivy bbmf group buy) ... seriosuly though, once you said they were from the fox sets it came back to me, totally my mistake. That is a totally different situaton than rebanded anejos though lol

Yeah Jake, as soon as you posted the source I knew they were legit (spivy bbmf group buy) ... seriosuly though, once you said they were from the fox sets it came back to me, totally my mistake. That is a totally different situaton than rebanded anejos though lol

Fortunately, that was one GB with him I was able to avoid, I bought directly from JJFox.