• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Most expensive bottle of beer you've ever bought?

Bell's Barrel Aged Batch 9000 - $26.50 plus tax

How was this? I bought a 6 pack of the regular 9000 when it came out, and thought it was one of the most gawd awful things I've ever drank. I gave away as much as I could, and I still think I have a bottle or two left.

I have no idea what it was called (it was THAT strong), but I bought a bottle of beer from the Czech Republic for Christmas, and I know it was GBP27 (which is equivalent to $42). It sucked. It was like drinking that stuff dentists give you to rinse your mouth with when you just had a tooth removed.

Bell's Barrel Aged Batch 9000 - $26.50 plus tax

How was this? I bought a 6 pack of the regular 9000 when it came out, and thought it was one of the most gawd awful things I've ever drank. I gave away as much as I could, and I still think I have a bottle or two left.

It was ok. I liked it, but I traded my other bottles away which was very easy to do since they're highly sought after on BA.

Dark Horizon-$25 for a bomber, 17%. Best Imperial Stout I have drank. Better than Dark Lord. Schmaltz's Jewbalation 14 (14%) best bang for the buck, about $5-6 for a bomber.  

jolly pumpkin noel de calabaza at 15$ for a bottle... Not very good either... You may like it I you like sour apples lol.

Were you aware that Jolly Pumpkin beers are sours?  That would suck if you didn't know that before buying it.

I believe so.  I think that's their specialty.  I had something similar happen to me with a Russian imperial stout from another brewery.  Very pricey and quite a let down when I found out it was a style I wasn't expecting.  

Got a couple of Goose Island Vanilla Bourbon Barrel Stout was $19.99/ea.  Still have the second waiting around.

Satchmo said:
Got a couple of Goose Island Vanilla Bourbon Barrel Stout was $19.99/ea.  Still have the second waiting around.

If you ever get the hankerin' to trade it, I will load you up!  It's the only Bourbon County I haven't tried.

mu mike said:

If you ever get the hankerin' to trade it, I will load you up!  It's the only Bourbon County I haven't tried.
You've tried Rare? How was it?

kiwifruit said:

I've had several bottles of Rare and it is phenomenal.  As good of a beer as you'll ever drink, and certainly commands the price for it.

King Henry, although a different style, was right up there as well.  But Rare is the tops.

mu mike said:

I've had several bottles of Rare and it is phenomenal.  As good of a beer as you'll ever drink, and certainly commands the price for it.

King Henry, although a different style, was right up there as well.  But Rare is the tops.

Okay I will be honest, I never heard of Rare before looked it up on Brewgene, there seems to be a bunch of them which one are we talking about?

Sweetrice80 said:

Okay I will be honest, I never heard of Rare before looked it up on Brewgene, there seems to be a bunch of them which one are we talking about?

This one:

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/1549/62397/

Mike

Your opinion on Rare is making me want to crack open my bottle. Curious if you've tried Chocolate Rain and/or Black Tuesday and how does it compare ?

kiwifruit said:
Mike

Your opinion on Rare is making me want to crack open my bottle. Curious if you've tried Chocolate Rain and/or Black Tuesday and how does it compare ?

You dirty dog, didn't know you were sitting on one!  Herf at Kiwi's house!

I haven't tried either one of those highly regarded beers, unfortunately.  I've seen posts of people bringing multiple bottles for tasting at Dark Lord, though, so maybe I'll bump into someone with a bottle.