• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Most Underappreciated Gadgets

P-38. Simple, effective, insignificant scrap of steel. Does one thing and does it well. Takes up nearly no space. Think how big and complicated the one in your kitchen is. Does it work any better?

Doc.

We only have a P-38 as a can opener at my house. :thumbs:

Two things I learned about the P-38 while I served...

Putting one on a key-chain can cause serious injuries to the nether-region if the blade slips the bonds of the small flap of 100 mph tape used to hold it closed.

Hanging one on the dog-tag chain could result in a sucking chest wound ;) when diving for cover for the same reason.

BTW Doc, the German Army's version of the P-38 has a beer bottle opener on it... lol it figures right?

Sweet....I will have to find one of the German ones.
Will be in the Garmish Area in April....

Tim

P-38. Simple, effective, insignificant scrap of steel. Does one thing and does it well. Takes up nearly no space. Think how big and complicated the one in your kitchen is. Does it work any better?

Doc.

We only have a P-38 as a can opener at my house. :thumbs:

Two things I learned about the P-38 while I served...

Putting one on a key-chain can cause serious injuries to the nether-region if the blade slips the bonds of the small flap of 100 mph tape used to hold it closed.

Hanging one on the dog-tag chain could result in a sucking chest wound ;) when diving for cover for the same reason.

BTW Doc, the German Army's version of the P-38 has a beer bottle opener on it... lol it figures right?

It stays folded up better in your wallet.

For some reason when I read this the first thing that came to mind is my TV remote control...is that sad?

XiKAR Element duel flame lighter
Montecristo signature cutter
32gig thumb drive
Nuka cola bottle opener ( from pre-order of Fallout 3) Fits perfect in wallet
phone Droid X... really dont know what I would do without it

No doubt, except when I was issued one in basic training we were out on our two week bivouac and we were told to place them either on our dog tag chain or on our key-chain... you see back during the O.D. Green / C-Rat Army (showing my age I guess} the Drills were sadistic like that... passing on the hurt so to speak. Now a days they have rip open with your fingers MREs and time out cards for when the Drill is "mean to them" :sign:

toilet paper, you would be in a shitty situation without it. shitty pun intended.. that one too

An electric stapler.

Yes, strange, I'll admit, but when you are doing a crap ton of paperwork, it sure is nice to have. Especially when the crappy regular staplers that the county buys keep breaking.

My mini my tighe, my baby fenix flashlight and my ipod touch. When I travel, I cant tell you how often I will use that touch to look up something in an airport, or get directions before I leave somewhere, or jot down a note. Plus it has music!

I wouldn't say that it's underappreciated because I rely on it daily, but my Valentine One radar detector is one of my most useful gadgets.

Count me among the Leatherman Micra faithful. I don't want to go so far as to say I feel naked without it (like I do when I have to drive without a radar detector) but I feel somewhat ill-prepared for minor inconveniences when I have to leave it off of my keychain due to flying, going into a courthouse, etc.

Back when I smoked, a roach clip that looked like a key was pretty handy to have on hand at all times.

Leatherman Micra and a SwissTech multi tool plier/screwdriver deal. Both are on my main keyring, and I use both almost every day.

No doubt, except when I was issued one in basic training we were out on our two week bivouac and we were told to place them either on our dog tag chain or on our key-chain... you see back during the O.D. Green / C-Rat Army (showing my age I guess} the Drills were sadistic like that... passing on the hurt so to speak. Now a days they have rip open with your fingers MREs and time out cards for when the Drill is "mean to them" :sign:

You was lucky then with the C Rations. When I served and was injured, I was sent to the Medical Facility out in the field. I was given K rations for dinner. Lets just say they was way past their prime and I wasn't able to eat much of it. Hell, I wouldn't have given that crap to a homeless man. Its beyond Cruel and unusual punishment. :laugh: And you served before me so you got lucky. :p

I have a headband flashlight that I keep in my center console. The thing is worth it's weight in gold. Hands free light comes in handy on many occasions
HT104LED.jpg

You was lucky then with the C Rations. When I served and was injured, I was sent to the Medical Facility out in the field. I was given K rations for dinner. Lets just say they was way past their prime and I wasn't able to eat much of it. Hell, I wouldn't have given that crap to a homeless man. Its beyond Cruel and unusual punishment. :laugh: And you served before me so you got lucky. :p

I lived on T rats for almost 4 months in Afghanistan, then we we got our MKT up and running for Thanksgiving, 60% of the Company came down with E.A.S. (Explosive Ass Syndrom) Merry Turkey Day to say the least.

T

Internet jokes.....

The Fairytale XXX

Once upon a time, a Prince asked a beautiful Princess Will you marry me? The Princess said NO! So, the Prince lived happily ever after and rode motorcycles and fucked hard bodied big titted broads and hunted and raced cars and went to nude bars and dated women half his age and drank whiskey, beer and Captain Morgan and never heard bitching and never paid child support or alimony and ate good pussy and fucked cheerleaders and kept his house and guns and never got cheated on while he was at work and all his friends and family thought he was fuckin' cool as hell and had tons of money in the bank and left the toilet seat up ..... The end