• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

moveing to florida pass

I don't get it, they wanted $30 to ship it from here. Everything I send out (except small boxes that are under a pond) cost more from Dallas than you guys spend everywhere else. It can't be right, I think they are resting their thumbs on the box when they weigh it ???

They charge extra to fly in and out of that pain-in-the-@ss airport you guys have. :D :D

I was there Friday night and I think it took longer to taxi to the gate than it did to get there. That monorail they're building is gonna be cool, though, if they ever get done with it.

Yep, that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

PB, just in case you were wondering, that wasn't meant for you or Tommy, just my general opinion (which I am intitled to) about Fedex. I personally despise them as I have had many disappointing dealings with them that I wont go in to.

Now, back to the pass! :D

Hey guys, I'm back!!!

Alright, stop booing! :D

Move is...well...moving, slowly. I posted on the Back to basics pass so I won't bore everyone again! Though one night when I am smoking a Phat one I will tell the hole F@#$ed up story!

Any way I know either Shadow or Lee are ahead of me so I PMed my temp addy to then so they can pass on! If either of you did not recieve please let me know and I will send it again!

The pass looks great! I can't wait. What a great house warming gift recieving the pass after settlement would be!!!

P.S.
Lee and Emo I have not forgoten about the sticks I owe you things have just been crazy. I will get them out when I can!

Cool, glad to have you back!

Better shoot me that snailer again, just to be on the safe side.

:D

Good to see you back on line also. I got your snailer, too.

hi guys glad tosee the pass is in good hands i havent been online much im in the booniesand its hard to get signed on thanx so much to those who have that hav played so far happy 4th you all keep your faith in god and your powder dry :)

Mel...where did you move to? Also, in reference to "keep your powder dry", are you a black powder shooter, or just do your own loads?

Emo

I recieved the box yesterday. Should have it back out by Monday at the latest. Happy 4th!

Rags :thumbs:

Ok here we go............

Takes:
92. Natural Green Hero
95. Indian Tabac Classic Chief (Can't believe The Beast left this one!)
114. Opus X
124. PAM

Puts:
128. Flamenco Robusto
129. Partagas Black Label Robusto
130. Romeo Y Julietta Bully
131. Macanudo Maduro
132. HDM Excalibur
133. HDM Excalibur (These two are of different sizes.)
134. La Gloria Cubana

Hope to get the box out tommorow. Will post the confirmation number tommorow night after the home run derby. Go Sammy.

Rags :thumbs:

First: Confirmation number 0301 0120 0005 2541 2820

Second: It has been brought to my attention through email and through the last few posts on this thread (although I'm not sure as they were more than a bit cryptic) that perhaps my puts did not equal my takes in this pass. Although I do not agree with that, HDM's are my favorites no matter how much or how little they cost, it was never my intention to offend anyone or to "take advantage of the pass". If anyone who put in any of the cigars that I took would like them returned, let me no and I will do so. In any event, I will try to make up for my error in the next pass. That is, if I am still allowed to participate.

Again, I am sorry if I have offended anyone.
Rags :(

I'll be the bad guy...

2 or 3 lesser cigars..do NOT equal 1 Top Shelf cigar. It doesn't matter that they were your favorites or not.

If ya want a top shelf cigar, you should PUT a top shelf cigar (or 2). Simple as that.

OPUS and PAM are BOTH 'Top Shelf' cigars. Which deserved at least 2 Top Shelf Puts.

10...9....8....7.....deep breath....

ok, I'm thru.

I feel compelled to add this reasoning to supliment what horse said:

Imho, a PAM and FFOX are very hard to find, not many folks can get those in their local shops. The puts may be your favorite, but they don't come close to a PAM or FFOX. If you look at it the way the rules state, one should replace with an equal or greater value gar. In this case, it's fairly plain to see that the puts didn't equal the takes. This is not an attack on you Rags, just letting you know that it wasn't up to snuff!

I would ask from now on to make sure that it doesn't happen again. I have learned alot from the folks here. and one of the most important is ediquette sp??

Just some advise, take it or leave it....

Leebo

Opus X, PAM, PAN, ISOM, Limited Editions...yes it seems that these are the only sticks interchangable with each other...and it is so noted time and time again. But since we are on the topic I will bring up another point. This board seems quick to raise the red flags in the above senarios as they should, but what about Puts -vs- Takes in situations beyond the above mentioned??? I see time and time again nothing but BULL****...and nothing is ever said about it. Are people lazy? Do they not understand value? Is there knowledge limited to the above trade offs only? I see BULL**** puts and takes all the time in passes...the only time anyone pipes up is when it invovles the above mentioned. I've brought up situations that I thought were skeptical, to other brothers...wondering if I should say something...all I've ever got was disagreement or the comment that "let the pass organizer bring it up". It is wrong to screw a passer out of a nice Opus or PAM...sure...but I think it's even worse to have $6-$8 sticks replaced with $3-$4 sticks all through the entire pass. Who is really getting screwed then? Are the only gars we care about the above mentioned??? Are they??? If so, then let's say that. If not, then passers need to pay more attention to the entire pass of cigars and not just the above mentioned. I'm far from the most knowledgable person on this board...so either others aren't paying attention or they just don't care. I've brought this to everyones attention in hopes to create a more efficient and fair process. This problem has been my main concern in starting a pass of my own. I have always had plans to put together a large participated pass, but unfortunanetly at this time I would only feel comfortable doing a "limited" number of participants. We need to crack down and pay more attention on both sides of the passing.

Sorry to bring this to a head in your pass thread Mel...but the topic was available and I felt it needed to be brought up.

If anyone has any comments about my opinions...please PM me about them. Thankyou. :D

To answer your questions you must only refer to rule #2 that states:

2.) Once you have received the box in a pass, you may take a few cigars (unless otherwise specified), and replace it with other cigars of equal or greater value. You may not place a lower quality/valued cigar (machine made, etc.) in the pass, unless otherwise specified.

Nuff said on that subject!

As to being a bit cryptic in my earlier post you are correct. I was only reacting to the obvious. If you would like me to be more direct about my thoughts on your puts and takes please PM me and I will share them with you.