• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Must Smokes

I can only add three to the list mentioned so far, in my humble opinion. Ashton VSG (the marca, I would say torpedo vitola but I'm still waiting to try the Illusion), 8-5-8 Rosado, and AF SG Royal Salute.

Great topic!

I'd say the Ashton VSG Spellbound, because there's just nothing like 2+ hours of amazing.  :love:

Illusione's Epernay line.  They're starting to ship with a bit more age on 'em now and they're stellar.

Everyone should smoke a God of Fire at least once.  (I favor the Carlito tubo and pyramide.) It'll never stay just once after the first one, of course.  :whistling:

Padilla Miami and Escencia corona gordas.  Amazing.  Find 'em if you can.

~Boar

I agree with many of the of the above mentioned smokes, in particular the Ashton VSG and Epernays. If I would add something that has not been mentioned yet, it would be an Avo #2

Awesome topic but as others have said it really depends. If you were to ever to smoke with me I would give you a My Father Flor De Las Antillas Robusto.

Cohiba robusto, siglo 3, siglo 4, or siglo 6 with at least 1 year of age on em.

I want to give the Illusion Rothchilde a try.  I've been hearing a lot about those.  I recently tried an Ashton ESG that was great.  The My Father Le Bijou is something I always forget about until I smoke one and then remember how much I like them.  From more south, the Bolivar Belicoso Finos are something I try to get most people to try.  About $200 for a box and a great smoke.

BBFs are high on my must try list for sure, along with the MF line.

MartyMcFly said:
I agree with many of the of the above mentioned smokes, in particular the Ashton VSG and Epernays. If I would add something that has not been mentioned yet, it would be an Avo #2
I smoked an Avo #2 Maduro recently and it was fabulous. Thanks for the recommendation.

I would say:

Montecristo #2
Padron 1964
AF Chateau Sungrown

These were 3 of the first sticks I really loved, and still love to this day.

Not A Nice Person said:

Illusione's Epernay line.  They're starting to ship with a bit more age on 'em now and they're stellar.
I had been thinking about trying them, and picked up a fiver of Epernay Le Matin. Your post motivated me to pull the trigger. Gonna let rest a good while before burning.

personal User said:

I had been thinking about trying them, and picked up a fiver of Epernay Le Matin. Your post motivated me to pull the trigger. Gonna let rest a good while before burning.

You won't be disappointed.  The Le Matin is the best vitola for the blend.

Montecristo Sublime - With almost 7 years of age, they have surpassed the Cohiba Sublime on most review sites. One of my favorites.
La Excepción Selectos Finos - Wonderful cigar from the beginning to the end... Don't let the size fool you.
Cohiba Genios - Natural Maduro wrapper, very strong and peppery.
Por Larranaga Magnificos - Amazing cigar, fruity and peppery, and really big...
Bolivar Coronas Gigantes - From the mid nineties - exceptionally creamy, leathery and earthy.

These are some HTF cigars, but man they did not disappoint and are on my compare to list, every time I enjoy a cigar (good or bad):

AVO22
AF 858 Rosado (Original release)
VSG Rounds (Original VSGs)
AF13 
Cohiba Esplendido
Trinidad Fundadore
Cohiba Piramides 2001 EL

Everyday cigars:

Opus #5
PAM 1926
Paratgas Short
Anejo 50
HdM Petit Robusto
Montecristo Edmundo

CigSid said:
La Excepción Selectos Finos - Wonderful cigar from the beginning to the end... Don't let the size fool you.

Ooh the illusive Escepcion's - I've been on a hunt for these with no luck. Every review that I have read were possitive.

Por Larranaga PC
Bolivar PC
Partagas Shorts
Quai Dorsay Imperiales
Cohiba Esplendido

Thanks gentlemen for continuing to educate me. Great stuff

Light this! said:

Ooh the illusive Escepcion's - I've been on a hunt for these with no luck. Every review that I have read were possitive.

You may very well get your wish, we will see... ;)

I you ever find a source that does not want your first born in exchange Litght this pm me. I also have been on the hunt for the past year and no luck.

:-(

louich said:
I you ever find a source that does not want your first born in exchange Litght this pm me. I also have been on the hunt for the past year and no luck.

Louich these will definitely make a nice box split when I find them. They are pricey for a RE. I know one other member here that is interested in them as well. Fingers crossed.

Light this! said:

Louich these will definitely make a nice box split when I find them. They are pricey for a RE. I know one other member here that is interested in them as well. Fingers crossed.

Let me know also, I might jump in too!

Juanote said:
Some great posts on this thread. Just a small note, I don't think it is necessary to like every 'must smoke.' Sometimes the experience of not liking something can be even more valuable than experiencing something you enjoy, if it gives you a strong indication of where your preferences lie.
In that case I recommend an Acid Kuba Kuba.