• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My .02 on Illusione Epernay Le Petit

CMontoya79

Newb Le professional!
Illusione epernay Le petit

4 1/2 x 44
Petite corona
Wrapper: Cafe Rosado Nicaragua
Binder/Filler: Nicaragua crillolo and corojo.
Info from New Havana Cigars.

Olafacory Hallucinations:

Pre light
Nice light brown tan colored wrapper, nice tripel cap,
barnyard aroma, cold draw flavors of honey, hay, sweet tobacco.

1st few puffs, slight black pepper, toasted flavor, tobacco. Good volume of smoke. Cocoa in the background with earth and pepper up front at this point. long full flavored finish. A strong floral burst and sweet cocoa powder come on in the1st third. Pepper tones way down faint but present. Floral, cocoa and honey finish the 1st third.

2nd third
Toasted tobacco with hay, cocoa still in background. Aroma is amazing, very sweet. Graham cracker like flavor dominates at this point. With almond like notes. Spice is in background more like white pepper. Full flavored long finish still. Medium full strength. Floral flavor and aroma continues. Good stuff. Solid smoke. End of 2nd third has milk chocolate flavor. Spice is all but gone.

Final 3rd
Milk chocolate and almonds continue spice is more like nutmeg. Tasty sucker! Mouth feels slightly chalky but not in a bad way. Tastes of almonds dominates. Ash is solid throughout and is light grey with dark stripes. Some woodiness appears. Almonds and nutmeg continue chocolate still in background. Floral aroma still there. Freshly popped white popcorn with salt at the end with floral aroma.finishes medium strength.

Great small smoke. Would recommend to anyone who likes a solid Nicaraguan smoke, or if you like CC's. Reminds me of a good young Cohiba siglo II. Had instances where it reminded me of the OR HL epernay.

I paid $8 and think it's well worth it.
Smoke time about 45 minutes.
4/5 stars.

Excellent, Ceasar! I'd say you pretty much nailed the profile.

Hell, I always forget to get these.. Typically get the Illusione 68s or MKs. Just added to "the list"!

Great review, Caesar.  Second only to the Le Matin in my book.  

A staple of my humidor! I've got half a cab left along with half a cab of Le Fermes. Great cigars and a great review.

Thanks fellas, I love how Doc mentioned olafactory hallucinations. I believe I will use that from here on out.

Thanks Doc.

C

Very nice review Ceasar, you obviously have an experienced palate...

CMontoya79 said:
Thanks fellas, I love how Doc mentioned olafactory hallucinations. I believe I will use that from here on out.

Thanks Doc.

C
Yes, and let's not forget "gustatory hallucinations". The CP, and possibly, the whole cigar forum world's king of the one liner. Henny Youngman eat your heart out.

Love the Epernay, and this is by far my favorite size.    Good review.

mjolnir01 said:
Great review, Caesar.  Second only to the Le Matin in my book.
Nice job on the review...and I would have to agree that the Le Matin is my fave!

That's a whole lot more than .02 cents there big boy! :laugh:

Very nicely written and well thought out. 

As for me, I get a strange taste from that line of cigars that definitely doesn't agree with my taste buds...and I suspect it comes from the crillolo leaf. I did age an OR (thanks to Khari) that got a bit better, but still not my cup of tea. 

Thanks Gary, and I would suspect its like when some say they don't like cohibas.