• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My Anniversary Pass

Just wanted to make sure the H. Upmann from 01 is equal to the Esplendido. I know what I paid and it would be a fair deal. Just wanted to make sure from others. It's a discontinued cigar from what I have read so its about as rare as can be.

Not equal in my eyes. So you're saying you paid $18-$20 for the Super Corona?

Not to be continuing a war, but your opinion is unwarranted, as you are not in this pass.
I have already OK'd gtphale's P/Ts

Jim

Just wanted to make sure the H. Upmann from 01 is equal to the Esplendido. I know what I paid and it would be a fair deal. Just wanted to make sure from others. It's a discontinued cigar from what I have read so its about as rare as can be.

The originator of the pass signed off Brandon. Why bother?

I understand that I'm not in the pass and I should have voiced my opinion earlier. I have a right as a member to voice my opinion when I see something not jiving. For newer guys wanting to participate, they might see that a $10 cigar was put for a $20 cigar and belive it's OK. In the rules it stated Value for Value and it doesn't match up, neither does the Shark for Casa Corona Gorda.

Just my opinion and you can carry on.

I understand that I'm not in the pass and I should have voiced my opinion earlier. I have a right as a member to voice my opinion when I see something not jiving. For newer guys wanting to participate, they might see that a $10 cigar was put for a $20 cigar and belive it's OK. In the rules it stated Value for Value and it doesn't match up, neither does the Shark for Casa Corona Gorda.

Dead center Freebert.

NA

Not to be continuing a war, but your opinion is unwarranted, as you are not in this pass.
I have already OK'd gtphale's P/Ts

Jim

The originator of the pass signed off Brandon. Why bother?

Doesn't matter that it was ok and moved on also doesn't matter who caught it. The mistake was caught now. This is a simple fix. gtphale just need to add two sticks to the pass that work. Simply send the sticks to the next person. No one can be allowed be let off on a mistake of this type. Sets a bad precedent.

DG

I gotta agree with Brandon. It ain't what you paid for a cigar...It's what it's worth.

Tenpin - don't feel bad - I took a lot of flak in my pass over some puts/takes one of the participants made. I, like you, really didn't care.

As it was explained to me, and I have to agree, in deference to the other pass members, as well as the board in general if the rule is value for value - it has to stay that way - value for value. It really is a much bigger issue than the pass host agreeing with the puts/takes if they're lopsided. The responsibility for making sure everything is fair is between the pass host and the participants. Both should play equal parts, and neither should put their thumb on the scale...

It really isn't a big deal if everyone really wants to play fair.

hale, you took two cigars (a Casa Fuente and and Esplendido) and put two cigars (an Añejo 77 and an H. Upmann Super Corona) that are both less than half the value of what you took.

This is wrong and the pass host is out of line by allowing this raiding of the pass to happen.

Tenpin, you're doing a bad job running this pass which reflects poorly on this site. Your snotty comments towards Brandon who raised the issue are also out of line.

I agree, Brandon. The P/Ts should be value for value.

Probably an honest mistake, but now that it is known there's no reason not to make things right. Just correct it and let's move on with the pass.

Just in case a reference is needed........ MilesMingusMonk's Thread

Anejo No. 77 "Shark"........5.875 x 64........$ 8.50 / $170.00 (20)

Casa Fuente Corona Gorda............5.750 x 46...................$18.00 / $450.00 (25)

Definitely not Value for Value.... Steve is right, Correct it and move on.

Yea sorry, I was going to leave it but I just had to find out what all the hype of this cigar is about. And have to see if its worth dropping 18 dollars on at the Casa during the Vegas herf. If prices hold true to the Opus line in Vegas this would be a six dollar stick every place else.

Nice try on rationalizing Hale...

Honest mistake? Doubt it....

I agree, Brandon. The P/Ts should be value for value.

Probably an honest mistake, but now that it is known there's no reason not to make things right. Just correct it and let's move on with the pass.

Excellent suggestion! :thumbs: Just make this right hale.

When I put this pass together, I decided who to invite and the pass rules.
My rule of "Puts and Takes do not need to be approved" was a show of trust and conscience. (IMHO, the Casa Fuente is well overpriced. I'd rather have a Shark!)

Everyone may not approve of my rules, but then again, there are only 14 of us playing. Up until now, this pass has gone very smoothly.

As I understand that people may not approve of someone's P&Ts, I also believe it is in bad form to get involved in an ongoing pass if you are not part of that pass.

Please, if you want to bash someone, keep it out of this thread.

Thanks

Jim

Wow Ok didn't realize that the shark sells for that cheap I bought a fiver over a year ago. I will correct that part of it. I did a search on it and found prices anywhere between 15 and 40 dollars a stick. I don't remember what I paid for this fiver. It might of even been a trade.

Jim your call either put the Shark in the pass or in the host bag for you. I'll send another cigar that I know is an 18-20 dollar cigar.

Is the super corona also that lopsided. Since it's a cigar that isn't produced any longer for one you can buy at anytime?

I know that there will be a group of people here not believing this was an honest mistake but it was. I'll go through the coolidor tonight and find something to ship in its place.

When I put this pass together, I decided who to invite and the pass rules.
My rule of "Puts and Takes do not need to be approved" was a show of trust and conscience. (IMHO, the Casa Fuente is well overpriced. I'd rather have a Shark!)

Everyone may not approve of my rules, but then again, there are only 14 of us playing. Up until now, this pass has gone very smoothly.

As I understand that people may not approve of someone's P&Ts, I also believe it is in bad form to get involved in an ongoing pass if you are not part of that pass.

Please, if you want to bash someone, keep it out of this thread.

Thanks

Jim

Wrong noobler.....

I get a real kick out of people sometimes. You stop them for speeding, and they are angry with the fact the police stopped them because they "didn't hurt anyone". Forget the fact they're driving over the posted limit, they feel it's innapropriate for cops to stop them because they weren't "doing anything wrong". Where is the logic in that...

Similarly, if rules are made for a pass - how can you expect the community to ignore the fact that a HUGE disparity in a "value for value" trade is made? And then be upset at the community because something is said about it?

Jim and Steve - both of you are ultimately responsible to the entire CigarPass community. You both chose to be members here - not some visitors who showed up to do a pass and you'll be on your way. With membership comes responsibility.

Jim - you hosted a pass in this community and there are responsibilities that go along with that. If anyone believes otherwise, they should not even THINK about coming to the community wanting to be made whole if you ever get ripped off... And Steve - even though you may have made an honest error, you're still responsible to the entire community when you're involved in a pass.

The trade needs to be corrected so that both of your credibilities are restored.