• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My Anniversary Pass

PASS UPDATE!!!

I am pulling a total of 4 sticks from this pass...

- #21 Cohiba EL 2004 Double Corona Confirmed Fake
- #25 Romeo y Julieta Hermosos No 2 EL 2004 Purchased from same source as #21
- #50 Cohiba Siglo II (03) Suspect
- #51 Cohiba Robusto (03) Suspect

These sticks will NOT be replaced in the pass! (Five good ISOMs remain in the pass and we still have a great lineup!)

Also, I will be asking Seamus to hold the pass and ship on Fri or Sat to accomodate LC-Smoker (he's away this weekend).

Lastly, KayakinBoy has requested he be dropped from the pass.

Thanks!

Jim

PASS UPDATE!!!

These sticks will NOT be replaced in the pass! (Five good ISOMs remain in the pass and we still have a great lineup!)

Also, I will be asking Seamus to hold the pass and ship on Fri or Sat to accomodate LC-Smoker (he's away this weekend).

Thanks!

Jim

Whomever has the cigars please send them to MOKI.
He wants to take a gander at these and possibly smoke them. He has been very helpful And I would like him to complete his analysis and post his findings.

PASS UPDATE!!!

Thanks!

Jim

Whomever has the cigars please send them to MOKI.
He wants to take a gander at these and possibly smoke them. He has been very helpful And I would like him to complete his analysis and post his findings.

Seamus is sending #50 and #51 to Moki.

Jim

OK participants...

Sorry for the delay and for sitting on the pass longer than I should. I'll be sending the Cohibas off to Moki today but to get this thing back on track I'm going to replace some of the sticks that are coming out.

R&J EL 2004 replaced with Partagas SD3 EL 2001
Cohiba Robusto 03 replaced with Cohiba Robusto 2004
Cohiba Siglo IV Replaced with Punch SS2 2001
Also adding a Hemingway Classic Maduro

Enjoy

OK participants...

Sorry for the delay and for sitting on the pass longer than I should. I'll be sending the Cohibas off to Moki today but to get this thing back on track I'm going to replace some of the sticks that are coming out.

Enjoy

Seamus, nice work with additions to the pass!! I look forward to it arriving here!

???

OK participants...

Enjoy

Seamus, just my .02, but why would you replace the sticks? That responsibility should not fall on you. You should make your P/Ts as normal.

Jim/Alex - your thoughts?

OK participants...

Enjoy

Seamus, just my .02, but why would you replace the sticks? That responsibility should not fall on you. You should make your P/Ts as normal.

Jim/Alex - your thoughts?

The pass update I posted and PM's I sent to Alexgtp, Moki and Seamus said that these sticks didnt need to be replaced. The pass started with 5 "ISOMs" and still has 5 ISOMs (the 5th one should be with LC from Gtphale).

I agree that Seamus should not replace these, but I can't stop him from here! :sign:

I'm sure he'll pay for this obvious disregard for "authority"!!!

Jim

While it may seem some of these guys are 'butting in' where they don't belong, they are in reality trying to make sure this pass continues to run smooth and fair. Cigar smoking is a world of its own, and the fakes today can be very hard to dicipher unless you really know your cigars. I've seen cubans which are filled with banana leaves, but look great on the outside. Whether it smokes "good" or not is meaningless. Like moki said, they fill some of these fakes with some real nasty stuff.

Again, these guys are only trying to ensure that the pass continues to run fairly. Every person in the pass should have the chance to try equally placed cigars. We can all learn a lot from each other. Good luck! :thumbs:

PASS UPDATE!!!

Thanks!

Jim

What makes you think #50 $ #51 are fake? ???

PASS UPDATE!!!

Thanks!

Jim

This has already been discussed and we are moving on with the pass as far as this thread goes.

As far as the replacements go... I have the pass and I felt like.

I'd like to know as well.

There is an ODD diagonal mark above the B in habanos. it is suspect seeing as both cigars have the same defect but different sized cigars. It was decided that it should be taken out so there are no problems. Moki will be receving the sticks so he can further investigate. These cigars are not from any known source source. They are singles that were in my work humi.

There is an ODD diagonal mark above the B in habanos. it is suspect seeing as both cigars have the same defect but different sized cigars. It was decided that it should be taken out so there are no problems. Moki will be receving the sticks so he can further investigate. These cigars are not from any known source source. They are singles that were in my work humi.

The main thing that made both Seamus and I suspicious is that the Siglo IV that was put is impossibly sized. It's a thinner ring gauge than the Cohiba Robustos, but yet is 1/8" shorter. That makes it approximately the ring of a Siglo II, but it is 1/4" shorter than a Siglo II. That's pretty odd.

Combine that with the way the wrapper looks, and the band defect, and you have to wonder what the odds of all 3 of these things coming together in a legitimate flagship cigar like a Cohiba would be.

And since the same band defect is present on the Cohiba Robusto as well as the Siglo ?? that was put, it needs to be suspect too, since they are pretty clearly from the same source or at least the same production/print run. I can't know for sure until I have them here and can smell/smoke them, but certainly it's enough to pull them from the pass.

Everything was handled well by all parties involved; the cigars were pulled, the pass can move on, and my grand plot to get free Cubans... erm... I mean... and I'll determine the pedigree of these cigars when they arrive. :)

Almost forgot...

Takes:
RASS
Anejo Shark

Puts: (Not including the replacements)
PSD4
Anejo 49

This has already been discussed and we are moving on with the pass as far as this thread goes.

Well pardon me but just exactly WHERE had this "already been discussed" ???

And no, the subsequent replies in this thread cannot be used as evidence.....

0305 2200 001 0731 0068 Ok here is the DC number for replacment smokes.

Pardon granted. Your question was answered. If you have other concerns then bring them to another thread. The cigars in question were removed and replaced so unless someone that is actually part of this pass objects this matter is closed.

This issue was discussed quite a bit via PM. I believe that the pass participants are happy with the outcome and that the pass will now be moving on properly.

EDIT: Sorry Seamus, looks like we were typing our replies to CC at the same time...