• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My Anniversary Pass

My P/T's have been corrected. I sent my replacement sticks to LC. I choose to leave the other sticks in the pass cause I royally screwed up.

Just an FYI... these will be added to the lineup once LC-Smoker receives and numbers them.

Jim

As a member of the pass I want to give kudos to Tenpin and Seamus for the way you guys have handled this.

A big "thank you", Moki, for your assistance also.

alex and hale both accepted ownership for their actions.

This is a good example of how these types of issues should be addressed. Problem noticed, FOG assists in clearing it up, and those responsible take the proper corrective actions. :thumbs:

As a member of the pass I want to give kudos to Tenpin and Seamus for the way you guys have handled this.

This is a good example of how these types of issues should be addressed. Problem noticed, FOG assists in clearing it up, and those responsible take the proper corrective actions. :thumbs:

as I read through this thread this morning...these were exactly my thoughts. Well stated Hawk!

By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection,
which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest;
and third by experience, which is the bitterest.
--Confucius

By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection,
which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest;
and third by experience, which is the bitterest.
--Confucius

And don't forget the fourth, by Divine Inspiration, which is the most rightous! I get all my advice from God. In fact,

I spoke with him this morning. Me? I'm good. You? You're Fuc%ed!

:laugh: :sign: :laugh: :sign: :laugh:

Well done gents!

Going out today. I'll be gone all day so I'll post the DC tonight.

CC, I completely agree with you on this matter.

I am guilty of using sticks I would never have put in a pass due to not remembering where they came from.
I made the mistake of not using my own sticks that have been bought from "trusted" places. I wanted to move the pass out as fast as I could and used what I had in the work Humi. I should of waited and used sticks from the coolers I keep at home. The top row of my work humi I stock with sticks I am going to smoke that week while at work or coming home from work. In the bottom shelf I keep cigars I pull from passes or cigars bombed to me from anonymous sources. Since I dont know the origins of these cigars I dont like to mix them with my sticks. TO avoid what just happened here. But this is what i get for not following my own guidelines.

For this I apologize to the members of the pass and to the members of cigarpass.

For what it is worth, I smoked both of these cigars tonight... and they are not Cohibas in my opinion. I cut them open after not enjoying the first inch or two, and it is long filler through and through, probably farm rolled tobacco... but they are not Cohibas...

As has been mentioned, the taste is fairly distinctive and easy to recognize, and it was lacking here. The cigars started off a bit bitter, had none of the fermented Cohiba taste on your lips, nor the nose... they weren't even enjoyable fakes unfortunately.

Since the bands look perfect except for the diagonal line above the 'b' in Habana, and since the taste of the cigars is clearly not that of a Cuban Cohiba, here's my current *guess*. These are real bands that were rejected for use on production cigars because of the print defects. These rejects were then taken from the factory or print shop, and found there way onto Fauxibas, that were sold to some unsuspecting person.

Just a guess... but I think something similar to that must have happened, because other than that minor defect, the bands are perfect... and the cigars taste like warmed over butt hair.

So if you have any other "Cohibas" with the same band defects, you might want to toss them.

CC, I completely agree with you on this matter.

I am guilty of using sticks I would never have put in a pass due to not remembering where they came from.
I made the mistake of not using my own sticks that have been bought from "trusted" places. I wanted to move the pass out as fast as I could and used what I had in the work Humi. I should of waited and used sticks from the coolers I keep at home. The top row of my work humi I stock with sticks I am going to smoke that week while at work or coming home from work. In the bottom shelf I keep cigars I pull from passes or cigars bombed to me from anonymous sources. Since I dont know the origins of these cigars I dont like to mix them with my sticks. TO avoid what just happened here. But this is what i get for not following my own guidelines.

For this I apologize to the members of the pass and to the members of cigarpass.

For what it is worth, I smoked both of these cigars tonight... and they are not Cohibas in my opinion. I cut them open after not enjoying the first inch or two, and it is long filler through and through, probably farm rolled tobacco... but they are not Cohibas...

As has been mentioned, the taste is fairly distinctive and easy to recognize, and it was lacking here. The cigars started off a bit bitter, had none of the fermented Cohiba taste on your lips, nor the nose... they weren't even enjoyable fakes unfortunately.

Since the bands look perfect except for the diagonal line above the 'b' in Habana, and since the taste of the cigars is clearly not that of a Cuban Cohiba, here's my current *guess*. These are real bands that were rejected for use on production cigars because of the print defects. These rejects were then taken from the factory or print shop, and found there way onto Fauxibas, that were sold to some unsuspecting person.

Just a guess... but I think something similar to that must have happened, because other than that minor defect, the bands are perfect... and the cigars taste like warmed over butt hair.

So if you have any other "Cohibas" with the same band defects, you might want to toss them.
Good to know.. Thanks Moki.
Now i must wear a damn hair shirt as penance!! :whistling:

In an effort to get us back on topic....

Hales "catch-up" sticks have arrived safe and sound.

I'll try to post my P/T's later or early tomorrow.

Patrick

In an effort to get us back on topic....

Hales "catch-up" sticks have arrived safe and sound.

I'll try to post my P/T's later or early tomorrow.

Patrick

You didnt receive the box from Seamus yet, did you???

Jim

Do you guys remember where you bought the cigars in question? It might be worthwhile to get that out in the open to avoid anyone else from purchasing fakes....

Four days since Seamus shipped it. Where it is at? ??? :(

Edit: Okay just saw in the first post where it was sent on 4/17.

Four days since Seamus shipped it. Where it is at? ??? :(

Edit: Okay just saw in the first post where it was sent on 4/17.

Looks like it got to LC-Smoker's house today!

Label/Receipt Number: 0306 0320 0001 4260 6476

Your item was delivered at 12:25 pm on April 19, 2006 in CHARLOTTESVILLE, VA 22901.

Jim

Do you guys remember where you bought the cigars in question? It might be worthwhile to get that out in the open to avoid anyone else from purchasing fakes....

Agreed. If we can shed some light on who the source was, it would be helpful to others. This is no different than someone giving you counterfiet money IMO.