• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My finest ashtray yet.

Humidor Minister

I've been using a crappy ashtray I made a few months ago. Since my b-day is the 30th I decided to make myself a little b-day gift. I never seem to make anything for myself so I broke the rules.

This it the old one.
350427042.jpg

his is ther new one.
350525482.jpg

350525465.jpg

i even like the original "crosshairs" type one, you do some great work there

I realize it's much more basic, but I think I like the older one better. They both look great though.

Your "crappy" ashtray is nicer than my best ashtray!

Great work on both, they are things of beauty.

ashtray? heck, all i got is the freebies that you sometimes get at events and stuff. I'd never in a million years know what to do with something with that much craftsmanship. I doubt I'd be able to put anything dirty in it.

Very nice.

That is just stunning, you have quite a talent there!!!!!!!

Those are great ashtrays! I wish I had the skills to something like this. Looks like it takes alot of time!

Very nice HM. :thumbs: As a former resident of the Old Pueblo, I was curious if you ever use mesquite or ironwood in any of your pieces, or do you avoid it due to the wear on tooling & toxicity ?

Very nice HM. :thumbs: As a former resident of the Old Pueblo, I was curious if you ever use mesquite or ironwood in any of your pieces, or do you avoid it due to the wear on tooling & toxicity ?
I've got a lot of mesquite but I have to sharpen the tools about every 5 minutes so I avoid using it unless someone requests it. Ironwood, no way. Like turning steel. :thumbs:

B-E-A-utiful! How did you keep the first one so clean if it has been used for cigar smoking?

That pic was right after I made it. It still doesn't look bad though. I never crush a cigar to put it out. That would be a sin. :thumbs:

Agreed, the proper to way extinguish a cigar is to let it do the work itself.

Wow the new one is stunning Send me your old one I will give it a new home poor thing haha. Hell Right now I have a nub bucket on old metal bucket I toss my nubs in and then I just dump my ash on the grass out back rp