• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My first angry editorial in our local newspaper!

Hammer the crumbs Q! :laugh:

I like when parents say, "she may not have been an angel, but she was our angel!"

I like this part:

"Maybe Super Cop should investigate those allegations!"

Can you now request a big S for your uniform?

So uh... wheres the original article? What was this all initially about?

Would seem to be possession of pills not prescribed to her.

I must admit I like this woman's style. She does a great job of confusing the subject, attempting to downplay her daughters crime by bringing up violent offenders, brings in new suspects and avoids giving details of the transgression.

"Local doctor." What does that mean? Is that like the dude on the corner selling crack? Why is she so angry that her daughter's misdeeds were publicized. True it may be embarrassing, but better to be red in the face then popping random pills and pulling an OD.

Would seem to be possession of pills not prescribed to her.

I must admit I like this woman's style. She does a great job of confusing the subject, attempting to downplay her daughters crime by bringing up violent offenders, brings in new suspects and avoids giving details of the transgression.

That would be what good moms are for.
thumbs-up.gif

At least in the angry moms mind, anyways...
sign.gif

laugh.gif

This has to be the biggest news since they put up the stop light last year :p

Wait, wait, wait. A college age kid taking illegal narcotics? What is the world coming to? :laugh:

I have always found it effective to reply to an article in the newspaper that was embarrassing to me by sending a letter to the editor that could be publicized and then signing my name at the bottom of it in case it gets published. I am sure that her daughter is now much less embarrassed now that mommy has stuck up for her in the local paper and drawn the attention of many more people to read the initial article. :thumbs:

Looks like you are making some friends already.. good on you! :laugh:

Sorry brother, I looked on the site and they didn't have the original article archived, but I cut out and saved the original for my case file. I scanned it and here it is in all it's glory!

gallery_8234_842_1304582.jpg

If it's hard to read just save it and blow it up a little.

Detective Keith Quattrocchi? Ohhh. Super Cop must be one of those secret identity things.

She's kinda cute, though. I once dated a girl that looked very similar. She had a crazy mother, too.

Dang! THATS how I should have gotten my pain meds. I can barely get any docs around here to give me tylenol3.

Q_the_Super_Cop! < Time to change your CP username.

Meh her own damn fault for getting caught doing crimes imo. I could see being mad with the paper for running the pic/running semi-irrelevant crime stories but you did your job just fine. People are always looking to finger point rather than looking in the mirror.

First off Q, you owe pizza to your patrol team in briefin'. Secondly, I gotta go with AVB on this! :p I didn't know dicks investigated fraudulent prescriptions; out here we do that on a street-beater level! You ARE a super cop!!! :0

I'm just bustin' your balls buddy, but hell, looks like you're doing a damn good job. :thumbs: You did a great job, and you got to laugh a little at the mother! What more can you ask for??

You can still please the mother by telling the editor of the paper to amend the article with a small caption on the bottom:

--Remember that girl who got caught on that prescription fraud charge a couple of weeks back? Well, her mother wants our readers to know that her daughter maintained a college grade point average that earned her the Hope Grant, has two associate degrees and was looking forward to her college education. She is a beautiful and sensitive person who didn’t deserve to be thrown under the bus--

That would be hilarious :laugh:

Jon I wish it was that way here, but we only have 40 sworn officers, and pop. of about 30,000 in the city. Patrol just does initial reports. What they can't get done before their tour ends, gets transferred to us. I don't mind it, it keeps me busy.

Oh and Wolfie I changed my message under my avatar just for you!! :thumbs: