• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My first attempt at making a pipe!

nismo270r

Here's my first attempt at making a pipe!

After first rough shaping:
firstpipe-001.jpg

Second rough shaping:
firstpipe-002.jpg

firstpipe-003.jpg

After more shaping and bending the stem:
firstpipe-004.jpg

firstpipe-005.jpg

And the final product:
firstpipe-006.jpg

firstpipe-007.jpg

firstpipe-008.jpg

Definitely no masterpiece, but it can only get better from here right? :) this was from a pre-drilled kit from Mark Tinsky. My buddy has been helping me along my journey into pipe making, and its been a blast! I also picked up a piece of plateau and some lucite rod stock from Tim West at the Columbus show to work on for my mext endeavor. I also signed up for the 2013 CPCC Pipe Show pipe making workshop, and I can't wait!

Nicely done! I'm getting back into pipe smoking myself.

Wow!.Nice job on your first pipe. Nice transition of pictures to show it's progress.

I have often thought I wanted to try this, just don't know if I have the right tools or skills. Maybe one day.

Let us know how she smokes.

Very nice job! It amazes me the talent in craftsmanship of this community. Keep up the good work...

Nice looking pipe. Let us know how it smokes when you try it.

Thanks for all the great comments! I finished it up real late that night and I've been running around for the holidays, so I haven't had a chance to smoke it yet, but I will definitely post up once I do! For you guys looking at getting into (or back into) pipe smoking, shoot me a PM and I'll get some samples out to you to get you started. :)

Nice work brother but if I was to be honest I would say I liked the slanted top design in the first picture.

Wow, AMAZING job man! One of these days I'd like to do that, it's on my bucket list. Until then, I pick some up from my local every few years.

Alright, I'll be the one to take one for the team. I will alleviate your pain and embarrassment, and take that off your hands. Addy is in my profile, and you can try again. ;)

Very nicely done! I also echo the comments about the stain - I love how you let the natural wood grain shine.