• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My first WOAM...

Mr Peat

Rich Perelman, "Loren you have a Godlike Presence.
At 9pm...I cut my first WOAM and lit it up. The cut went smooth which really isnt a surprise for a stick of this quality. Wasnt much for warming the foot up either. The pretaste had like a earthy taste to it which faded fast. After lighting it, I had a coffee taste which peaked my interest in this cigar. The draw is perfect and plenty of smoke floats up into the face for a second impression. The smoke isnt strong at all and has a light, creamy taste. The construction of this stick is once again, flawless. Even the burn is amazing.

For some reason, I am picking up on a slight nutty after taste at the 15 min mark. There is a slight sweetness to the wrapper as well. I inspected the ash and saw what I call "crystals" in it. They have a copper color reflection. i wish I wasnt out of batteries cuz I would take some pictures of this bad boy that is leaving me speechless at the moment. I can say this is the best Maddie I have had the pleasure of smoking in my 10 years.

Its a very consistant cigar and upto this point has required no special attention other than me being in a state of bliss while enjoying some russian music in the background. I do have a cup of coffee on stand by and havent drank any yet. Still savoring this cigar in all its glory. At the 27 min mark, the smoke has taken on a different smell that I am picking up on. It kinda has a sweet creamy smell to it.

It may have had a slight cocoa taste but i cant be 100% sure or not. I've just reached the 1/2 mark of the cigar with the ash still on it. Its now 35 mins mark after starting this cigar. Ouch...Ash just dropped off at the 45 min mark and hit my bare feet. There went 2/3 of the cigar. I'm getting a slight tingle in my lips from smoking this cigar. This cigar is getting better and better as it slowly burns down to the nub and I can see already I am gonna burn my fingers trying to finish this cigar. So without further ado, I'd give this cigar a A+ and another beauty from AF. Its a must have cigar if you never had one.

So let me guess, this one was pretty mild right? :p

Nice review Peat. Sounds like it really lit your fire.

I've only got one in my humi and it's a natural, but I'm still looking forward to torching it this spring.

Wilkey

Great review, Mista Peat! Congrats on your first WOAM! I haven't had the pleasure of getting my paws on one of them, but maybe... just maybe someday. Sounds like a real treat.

Thanks for the review. I would definitely like to be able to find some of those around here. They sound GREAT!

Ginseng said:

Nice review Peat. Sounds like it really lit your fire.

I've only got one in my humi and it's a natural, but I'm still looking forward to torching it this spring.

Wilkey
[snapback]295121[/snapback]​

I loved my first WOAN, I look forward to your review.

Really nice review Loren, on my must try list for sure :thumbs:

Ginseng said:

Between Mild and Medium. But a must have. :love:

The WOAM is one of the very few cigars that I really want to try, and have just never gotten around to. I really need to get my hands on a few sometime.
Thanks for the review.

Nice review of an excellent cigar. Pretty much mirrored my experience, right up to the ash falling off at the 2/3 point. Good job! :thumbs:

seadub said:
Great review, Mista Peat! Congrats on your first WOAM! I haven't had the pleasure of getting my paws on one of them, but maybe... just maybe someday. Sounds like a real treat.
[snapback]295135[/snapback]​

You never know where there might be one lying around. :D

I was blessed by a fellow BOTL one of these on our weekly trade and smoke day. I was blown away.......... What an incredible smoke - right on the money Mr Peat.......... :D :D :D

Thanks for the review

Lkyman

The hype that these cigars throw up is ledgendary, the search is almost as fun as the cigar.

Does anyone have any opinion on whether or how long to age WOAMs? I'm hoping to find a couple pretty soon to try, but want to give them the proper treatment.

I wouldn't worry too much about aging them. If you get a couple, smoke them. If you run into a box, by all means try them at different stages and see how it works.

bfreebern said:
I wouldn't worry too much about aging them. If you get a couple, smoke them. If you run into a box, by all means try them at different stages and see how it works.
[snapback]295827[/snapback]​

:D I was hoping to hear that.

Ivanovich said:
bfreebern said:
I wouldn't worry too much about aging them.  If you get a couple, smoke them.  If you run into a box, by all means try them at different stages and see how it works.
[snapback]295827[/snapback]​

:D I was hoping to hear that.
[snapback]295885[/snapback]​

Though I haven't had the WOAM yet (which I think will be remedied quite soon!) I know that the Hemingways don't NEED age, but the one I have had with age on them do get even better (remarkeably so!)with a few years. I imagine it will be the same with the WOAM.