• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My Humidor Project

verhoevc

Banned
So here's my current project. It's fiddleback mahogany on the outside with an african mahogany door (yet to be built) and frame, with a pomelle spanish cedar inside... yup, even the spanish cedar inside is figured wood!
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Chris

Very cool! I wish I was skilled at something meaningful like that, instead of useless things like eating, smoking and playing golf. LOL

Keep us updated on the progress!

Very nice! I bet that thing will be a beauty when finished. Excellent work!

Good to see ya around Chris! That looks like it will end being real real nice bro. Good luck with it and keep us all up to date!!

Don

That's going to be beautiful, going to be fun to watch it come together.

To find solid boards like that... it'd it be impossible. I bought a huge veneering system and am custom veneering my own panels.
Chris

Very nice. How is it coming along? Looks like it'll be quite awsome. Aren't vacuum presses great. They open so many doors to creativity. Keep the pics coming please.

That looks amazing, I can't wait to see the rest of the pics coming in, keep it up!

FINALLY got some time off of work to get some work done on my humidor! Started spraying the clear coat yesterday, and did some wet sanding and a second round of coats this morning. Here's how she stands right now:
IMG00051.jpg

I know that isn't a great picture since I'm waiting til my BestBuy Reward Zone points hit to get a new camera... and for now it's just the blackberry doin' the pictures... so here's a closeup so you can get a better idea as to the grain and colors of the piece:
IMG00050.jpg

Chris

Thats awesome man, cant wait to see the finished product!! Keep posting!!

That's coming along very nicely. That's some absolutely beautifully figured wood there. Keep us updated. :thumbs: :thumbs:

Wow! Comming along nicely, love the dark stain on the upper top trim. Please keep us updated as progress continues