• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

MY Motorola driod came today

Love my Droid. There are tons of cool apps out there. This thing is addicting. As far as the battery goes there are some rules to follow that will help with the life of your battery. The life of the battery also gets better with conditioning/time. Here's the link to a droid forum with more info.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/tech-issues-bug-reports-suggestions/1974-understanding-battery-life.html

Here's a pretty good forum with tons of useful information.

/www.droidforums.net

Happy New Year

Went from Blackberry to the Droid the day it came out. I will never look back, this thing is AWESOME!!! :thumbs:

Lithium-ion batteries don't like being heavily discharged. They do not have the memory effect that Ni-Cad batteries exhibit. Ideally you should keep them as fully charged as possible.

The small company that I work for provides cell phones to its managers. We have had three Cingular HTC 8125 smartphones for over 3 years. I am at the end of life on my second battery. The other two users have cradles in their cars so keep them nearer to fully charged than I. Except that one phone stopped working about a month ago they would both be using their original battery (not battery related). I think we are all getting iPhones soon. :thumbs: :p :D

I've noticed similar results with laptop batteries. Keep Li-ion batteries charged.

What do you guys think of the weight of it? I have a Blackberry Curve right now and was looking to get the BB Tour... but a coworker has the Droid and is trying to convince me that I'd love it, and to abandon the BB.

I was playing with it and right off the bat noticed it's much heavier in the hand (and pocket) than my BB. Does the weight bother you guys at all?

Also how is email with it? I had a Treo with Verizon and sending/receiving my email was a PITA, whereas the BB sends/recieves almost faster than Outlook does on my computer. Will it automatically do a send/receive on multiple email accounts?

The weight of it doesn't bother me but I keep it in a holster. You may also look at the HTC Eris. It's an Android device but it's quite a bit smaller and lighter than the Droid. No physical keyboard though.

If you don't get the Droid and don't need global capability, I'd recommend the new Curve over the Tour. The navigation pad works better than the track ball on the Tour.

Truth is, nothing does email like a Blackberry. If that's what you need, stick with it. Everything else will be a disappointment.

I don't find email on the Droid to be a PITA but maybe it's just me. I have mine setup to do my corporate email and Gmail. Since it's a push mechanism, I set it up to send/receive on a schedule otherwise the battery runs out too fast. Every 15 minutes is good enough for me. I found the frequency with which the BB vibrated or chimed from receiving new emails/text messages a bit irritating.

The Droid isn't for everyone. The strength is that it's highly customizable. If that's not your cup of tea, it's probably better that you stick with a BB.

I seen that the Google Nexus One is coming out. I think thats the one I want. Looks like its only available from google at the moment. Anyone have any idea when verizon might have it available?

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I was just curious if anyone knows how the Droid compares to the IPhone. We are looking to upgrade our phones and would like some inside info before making a decision. Thanks in advance!

love my droid brother has i phone he like it but the big plus in my book for the droid is it is Verizon.

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I was just curious if anyone knows how the Droid compares to the IPhone. We are looking to upgrade our phones and would like some inside info before making a decision. Thanks in advance!

Very funny, bad language, but otherwise safe.

http://www.break.com/index/iphone-4-vs-htc-evo.html

IMO, the droid OS is better. iphone has more apps.

I have the Nexus One from Google. Wait till you Droid users get Froyo. It makes the phones 10000000x better than they already are.

I have an iPod touch, so I was spoiled. I went and got a Droid because I was with Verizon. Hated it from the first minute I used it. DIdn't have ANY apps I wanted, pain to use, blocky, useless keyboard, pain in the neck touch keypad, and on and on. Took it back within the 30 days and got a full refund, bought a used iPhone and hacked it for T-Mobile. I love it. $59.99 a month for 500 minutes (which I never use) and unlimited messages, text, and internet. Yeah, sure the Droid is for "power" users. Translation: takes so long to figure out and set up, by the time you're done an upgraded phone is available.

I suppose it depends on which Droid you want to compare to the IPhone. Here's a link that compares the specs of the Incredible to the IPhone.

One advantage the IPhone has over the Incredible is the forward facing camera. The Evo has it and I'm sure Verizon will have phones with it soon enough.

We do work for a certain hated provider, and get the moto droids to play with as they come out. When we got the first one a year ago(?), I thought it was nice, but thought it was a bit klunky. I just got a new one in last week, and was playing with it today. I have to say its one of the nicer phones I've played with. The touch screen is great, and everything is very responsive. They've come a long way since the first model I played with.

I got the incredible. It is a fantastic phone and OS! Screw the iPhone.

The Droid kicks ass. I highly recommend them. Stay away from the iPhone. You have to buy extra parts to keep the phone from dropping signal.

Haha, I read about how the new iphone 4 has a tendency to drop calls when holding it to your ear with your left hand. Apple's solution, use your right hand.