• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My new cabinet humidor is coming today!

souldog

OG Post-Whorer since 2008 bitches...
I'm pretty excited that my new humidor is coming today, and even more excited about the deal I got on it. On 05/26, I ordered this guy from premiumhumidors.com:
HUM-LDCAB1.gif

Granted, it wasn't the one I really wanted, but it was the most affordable option at the time. So, I place the order, and on the 27th, the bastards take their money right away and I get an email saying my order status is "Confirmed." Okay, fair enough, So, after about 10 days, I check my order status again and it still shows "Confirmed." Now, I was told that the order status would automatically update when they ship, and I would get an email. Well, I received no such email, and I was getting annoyed that they snatched up my money within 24 hours, but did not have the courtesy to email me about any delays with my order in a 10 day period.

I call them up, ask to speak to somebody about my order, and I am placed on hold for about 5 minutes. After endless loops of jazzy music and constant reminders of "Thank you for holding, someone will be right with you," I'm getting ready to tell the next person who picks up to just cancel my order. Finally, a guy named Mark picks up the other end and in his best Bill Lumbergh voice says, "Hmmm....yeeeahhhh. Your humidor you ordered, the company that makes them for us is all sold out. Yeeeahhhh, somebody should have called you about it."

I'm pretty annoyed at this point, but not to the point of reaching through the phone line to Florida and wringing his neck, so I decide to let him speak because I still want my frickin' humidor! Mark proceeds to tell me, "We have a lesser model in stock if you'd like-" I cut him off, "I'm not interested in the cheaper model sir, if I wanted it I would have ordered it." He replies, "Well, we do have the top of the line model in stock, and the guys are loading up the trucks right now. If you'd like that, I can facilitate that for you." Like a good salesman, he still wants a sale out of it, so I decide to play ball. I tell him, "That's actually the one I really wanted, but I am not going to put more money down unless you guys give me a reason to, like maybe covering or expediting my shipping??" He politely says he needs to talk to his boss, then puts me on hold.

About two minutes go by when he comes back on line, "Alright sir, if you upgrade to The Montegue Humidor, we are prepared to...gosh, we're going to lose some money on this but... Anyways, we're prepared to pick up the shipping for you if you just pay the difference." I ask, "The difference of what I already paid, including shipping?" "Yes." :0 So I calmly say, "Yes, that sounds good," and pay the extra cost of $150 to get the humidor I really wanted AT COST with FREE SHIPPING!!

So, today is the day it is going to be delivered, and I will post photos as soon as I have it set up in the living room!
HUM-MONTCAB1.gif

Thank you to Napa_smokes for showing me this humidor almost two years ago, and making me drool for one ever since! :laugh:

PS- I will definitely expound more soon on this sordid tale. It really is a pretty ridiculous scenario. This never would have been possible if not for Sneeds being a psychopath.

Niceeeeee, you will surely be happy with that!

(Until I hit you with a blackjack and steal all your stuff)

Congrats on the new cabinet humidor. That is a nice looking piece of furniture. Waiting to see pics of it loaded up...

Jon,

Hope you like it as much as I do mine. I've had it for about 4 years and just love it.

It could be fuller, as I have slowed spending quite a bit.

Ken

How big is it? How many boxes does it hold?

The website says it is 24W x 26D x 30H, and holds approximately 1500, and coincidentally it was developed from a drawing by an artist with the same last name as mine! As for the 1500, well, I've got a freakin' PhD in "Cooler Tetris," so I should be able to cram thousands into this baby! :laugh:

I think whoever comes up with the numbers that the humidors will hold must have only ever smoked Panatela's.

Nice looking Humidor Jon. Time to get a house now. :laugh:

Jon I don't think thats big enough to hold all the Tat Blacks you probably have by now! You must have raided the CFO again via your mil, because there was only one in stock last time I was there! :p

Well Jon, you have us all drooling. I to am waiting to see how you lay out your stash and how nice they look in that humi. Keep us posted.

Very nice, looking forward to seeing the pics when it comes. Glad you got a deal on the upgrade! Almost makes the wait worth it.

That top drawer IS solely for the circumcisor of doom. You do know this, correct?
Oh you better believe it! Hey, answer your PMs puto!! :laugh:

Well Jon, you have us all drooling. I to am waiting to see how you lay out your stash and how nice they look in that humi. Keep us posted.
I have a feeling my collection may look tiny in this thing. :p

nice, still a bit to small.
??? LOL, um...care to lend me another $500 for a tower?? :sign:

UPDATE: Hmm... So, I guess I have to pick it up instead. Going to Fontana!

Awesome stuff, Jon...!!...:thumbs: Congrats - welcome to the "cabinet club".....:laugh:

Just remember that seasoning all that cedar won't happen overnight. Patience up front will yield a stable, reliable RH environment for your smokes for a long time.....:cool:

Be sure to post pics, etc....B.B.S.

That top drawer IS solely for the circumcisor of doom. You do know this, correct?
Oh you better believe it! Hey, answer your PMs puto!! :laugh:

I have a feeling my collection may look tiny in this thing. :p

nice, still a bit to small.
??? LOL, um...care to lend me another $500 for a tower?? :sign:

UPDATE: Hmm... So, I guess I have to pick it up instead. Going to Fontana!

What PMs cabron??? Did you forget to put Ginko in your pink donuts this morning?

What PMs cabron??? Did you forget to put Ginko in your pink donuts this morning?

Yeah I did. I'm sorry, I meant texts! When you first got out there tonto!!! Oh well, I attributed it to you getting settled in. I guess your Cigarbid and Secret Cigar Forum Group buddies just take up all of your time... :sigh:

J/K man, you know I love you! When can we come visit you?!?! :laugh:

Nice looking unit. I like the beveled corners and the way they flow into the foot. The spiral book matched veneer on the top with the surrounding inlay is a nice touch as well. I look forward to seeing the inside.