• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My thoughts on the new BGM...

Mike33

This cigar is something special, at least, after my first that is how I feel :cool:

Seriously, I had one tonight that I got in my pass from Wilkey. Don't know on the box code, but it was a revelation. I wasn't expecting a whole lot as I am generally not a big bolivar guy, however, this cigar had it all. Rich coffee bean, heavy notes of earth, slight spice to it for the first half of the cigar, and a power that creeps up on you. No bitterness at all and it wasn't powerful enough to make you queasy, just right.

I mean for a $11-$12 cigar, it has been the best young smoke I have had in a LONG time. This will be a classic in 5-6 years I believe. Buy as many boxes as you can :thumbs:

I agree 100%. This is exactly what I have been telling people, these things will be amazing in a few years (imo they already are!)

My thoughts exactly, Mike. These are a class above. I am a Bolivar fan and these are the finest, most concentrated thoroughbreds of the marca I've tried. Are they anything like the Wolters or original releases? Frankly it doesn't matter as these stand on their own substantial merits.

Wilkey

BTW, Mike. POS DIC06

My one box and of a code that I just can't find anymore. :(

Wilkey

I am really glad I had this one before a Wolter's to be honest. The OR and Wolter's GM's were cigars I never chased for myself, just to pass along to people who really wanted them. I am so happy with the current release I am not really inclined to drop the dough for the older ones right now

BTW, Mike. POS DIC06

My one box and of a code that I just can't find anymore. :(

Wilkey

I know what you mean Wilkey, I am fearful that my boxes coming in will be less than spectacular. I will report back on codes and tasting notes after the 30 day rest period!

I would love to try an original BGM, but for $300-400 a cigar, there is no way that is going to happen. Wolter's would be cool as well, but at $45 (which is a low-ball going price for them) it isn't worth it to me.

Had my first BGM about a week ago. It was a '07 and was not very impressed. Hopfully it would get better with age.

I had one yesterday and was not as impressed with it as others here. I don't know what the box code was as it was a gift and I received it during mid summer. The Wolter's version was better IMHO. I was expecting a little kick somewhere along the the line, a very muted profile. I'll have to try a few more to see if there is any change. I do love the Bolivar profile overall.

I ordered a box through my local B & M however it is been delayed about 2 weeks now. I am getting a little nervous. All the reviews seem to be pretty positive. Is it true they limited production to 1000 boxes a year - I am sure hoping not.

Just had one from the JUN 07 release and gotta say there is a world of difference between these and the late 06 release. I am thinking if you weren't impressed with an '07 give it another year or so and revisit.

I do love the Bolivar profile overall.

I've never had a bad Bolivar. That and Partagas are my favorite brands. I've got a 5-er of the 07s coming... I may try one and let the others sleep for awhile before revisiting.

I have been fairly impressed with them so far fresh. I am looking forward to revisting these as the years go by.

Having very little will power,
I torched one yesterday shortly after delivery. Jun/07, a bit young, but definitely had the soul of a Boli.

Just got some addional ones from the Jun 07 batch, will try one this weekend and see what happens.

Don't care if the 2007 are as good young as the first batch... if they have them tomorrow at the Casa del Puro... I'M BUYING A BOX!!! :thumbs:

Smoked one this weekend... 07 release. While it was a powerhouse and young, it was also AWESOME. I'll be looking into getting a box soon. :cool:

Smoked one this weekend... 07 release. While it was a powerhouse and young, it was also AWESOME. I'll be looking into getting a box soon. :cool:

I too had my first '07 (July box code) and it was very, very good! It was not as good as the '06 I had earlier, but in a couple more months I'm sure it will be. I almost tempted to buy several more boxes instead of some of the outrageously expensive REs getting ready to come out.