• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My Wedding Reception Beer List

emoshun

SoCal Herfin'
We ordered 3 cases of each brew from BevMo last night, the order is slated to arrive next Wednesday. So excite!

I'm planning on designing a flyer and putting it on the bar to help the beer noobs navigate the selection.

Maui Brewing Co.
Coconut Porter (American Porter)
ABV: 6.0%
IBU: 30
Hops: Cascade, Columbus
BeerAdvocate Rating: A-

Our Coconut Porter is a fresh handcrafted robust porter brewed with six varieties of malted barley, hops and hand-toasted coconut. It begins with a malty-toasted coconut aroma followed by a rich, silky feel with tastes of dark malt, chocolate and hints of coffee. It then finishes with flavors of toasted coconut and hoppy spice to balance the finish.

Deschutes Brewing Co.
Twilight Summer Ale (American Blond Ale)
ABV: 5%
IBU: 35
Hops: Magnum, Cascade, Tettnang, Amarillo
BeerAdvocate Rating: B

A lighter, yet full-flavored, aromatic Ale for the long days of summer. Made with a unique blend of four hops and malts, this lively straw-colored ale has a vigorous hop essence with a malt body that complements the flavor of this special seasonal brew.

Mirror Pond Pale Ale (American Pale Ale)
ABV: 5%
IBU: 40
Hops: Cascade, Centennial
BeerAdvocate Rating: B+

Tawny colored, full bodied Pale Ale. This ale has a distinctive, lingering hop flavor attained by adding copious quantities of full flower Cascade hops throughout the brewing process. A distinct hop nose and hop-forward flavor make Mirror Pond the quintessential Pale Ale. It is aromatically complex, multi-layered, and unmistakably “Deschutes.”

Dogfish Head Brewing Co.
Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA (American IPA)
ABV: 6%
IBU: 60
Hops: Cascade, Fuggle
BeerAdvocate Rating: A-

Our 60 Minute IPA is continuously hopped - more than 60 hop additions over a 60 minute boil. 60 Minute is a session India Pale Ale brewed with a slew of great NorthWest hops. A powerful, but balanced East Coast I.P.A. with a lot of citrusy hop character. The session IPA for hardcore beer enthusiasts, off-centered ales for off-centered people!

-Jimmy

Looks good. The BA rating is a bit pretentious, but your call. The hops on 60 minute are definitely wrong too. Some good picks though!

Martin I would love to know the actual hops uses in the brew, as the all knowing Google search isn't always right.

The Ba rating was totally spur of the moment on my part, and isn't necessary.

This recipe gets good reviews, though I've never personally made it.

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f69/dogfish-head-60-minute-clone-ag-extract-25709/

OOOOHH That Coconut Porter sounds outstanding.. I love porters!

Martin I would love to know the actual hops uses in the brew, as the all knowing Google search isn't always right.

I know it has palisades in it, so Justin's isn't right either. http://www.brew365.com/beer_dogfish_head_60_minute_ipa.php

Go with that...seems like it might be close enough. I'll be interested to see if people have can bias against the Maui or not.

I know it has palisades in it, so Justin's isn't right either. http://www.brew365.com/beer_dogfish_head_60_minute_ipa.php

Go with that...seems like it might be close enough. I'll be interested to see if people have can bias against the Maui or not.

What means this?

Justin,

Must be because you mixed BT with a lambic but Maui is the only beer in the list that's canned. Everything else is in bottles.