• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

NCAA March Madness Bracket Pool (two $7.50+ sticks per entry)

smellysell said:
Pitt!!!  :angry:

And Mizzou  :angry:

If New Mexico loses too, I'm done for after the first day.

cabaiguan juan said:
I bet G'town screwed up a lot of brackets

Count me in that category. Didn't think things could get worse after yesterday. I was wrong...

Guess I'm free to just focus my energy on cheering on Michigan now.

I officially don't get it... I was in 6th place with everyone ahead of me having Ohio St. winning. At the end of the game I drop all the way down to deep 8th and you guys stayed... I'm lost! 

If I'd REALLY picked with my heart instead of just kind of doing it with Georgetown, I'd have one team in the Final 4 at least.

Go Blue!!!

smellysell said:
If I'd REALLY picked with my heart instead of just kind of doing it with Georgetown, I'd have one team in the Final 4 at least.

Go Blue!!!

I got one in and I'm still Fugged. 

By my calculations, if Syracuse wins their game, Wyatt (Brickhouse) will have it all wrapped up

Crazy...I had just about given up thinking I was way out. Then I log on today to see that I'm near the top and have the possibility for most points.

Looks like I'm an Orangemen fan.

I have the same bracket in another pool and i find myself in the same position with one other person.....he has Syracuse in the semi-final and I do not......if Syracuse wins, I'm out in both pools; if they lose, I win........needless to say, I'm pulling for Michigan!!..... :D

fjldo said:
I have the same bracket in another pool and i find myself in the same position with one other person.....he has Syracuse in the semi-final and I do not......if Syracuse wins, I'm out in both pools; if they lose, I win........needless to say, I'm pulling for Michigan!!..... :D

:hifive:

The little "Scenario Generator" feature on the Yahoo page is pretty handy for trying to determine what outcomes will lead to what finishes.  It's still surprisingly confusing even at this late stage, but I think I've got to root for Syracuse to lose to Michigan and for Louisville not to win it all, whether that means losing today or Monday, in order for me to take third place.

Should be at least one good game tonight!

Congratulations Frank!

A close one this year. Only 10 points separating nearly half the pool.

Steve,
Thanks again for setting it up, and let me know where to send my entries. 

Eric

Congrats Frank! Thanks Steve for setting this up let me know where my cigars are going. 

Question: What separates 3rd-6th place when we all have the same points and correct picks?

Paul

Thank you for the contest, once I get home from vacation my cigars will be ready to mail, just let me know where.  

Congrats to the winners, let me know who gets my last place sucky bracket sticks !

Heck of a game last night!  I would have won the biggest pool I was in if Michigan had hung on, but alas...

Just a reminder, each sheet/entry is two cigars with an MSRP of $7.50+

We had 24 entries total (Thomas's Top Notch Bracket failed to notch any picks and finished at the bottom, which should be punishment enough...).

At a 60%/30%/10% 1st/2nd/3rd breakdown, that's 14.4, 7.2, and 2.4 entries per spot.  A little rounding and we're at 14, 7, and 3 entries going to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd.

Fjldo won 1st place, Wyatt/Brickhouse won 2nd, and Franco won 3rd.

Here's how many entries everyone had:
Fjldo x2
Brickhouse x2
Franco x2
Engspot x2
Tall Paul x3
FoMoCo x2
Drunkfish
TGM x2
Thinde x3
Thomas
Shecks
Modo22 x2
Smellysell

Franco owes 2 entries to the pot and won 3, which ends up with him winning 1 entry, so Drunkfish can send his entry to Franco.

Wyatt owes 2 entries to the pot and won 7, which ends up with him winning 5 entries, so Tall Paul (x3) and Engspot (x2) can send their entries to Wyatt.

Fjldo owes 2 entries to the pot and won 14, which ends up with him winning 12 entries, so everyone else (FoMoCo x2, TGM x2, Thinde x3, Thomas, Shecks, Modo22 x2, and Smellysell) can send their entries to him.

I'll PM each of the three groupings, and the respective winners can respond with their addresses and any idiosyncratic instructions, etc.

Please send your entries promptly.

I'll get the last of the recaps out as soon as I can.  If anyone else is interested in them, let me know and I'd be glad to send you the whole enchilada...

Congratulations to the winners, and thanks for playing, everyone!

Congrats to the winners I will get my end out in the next day or two!

I'm still confused maybe someone can help me out on understanding how the final placing is determined when 3rd-6th has the same scores? I don't care how it fell I am just confused and want understand it a little more since this is the first brackets I have done.

Thanks in advance,
Paul 

Tall Paul said:
Congrats to the winners I will get my end out in the next day or two!

I'm still confused maybe someone can help me out on understanding how the final placing is determined when 3rd-6th has the same scores? I don't care how it fell I am just confused and want understand it a little more since this is the first brackets I have done.

Thanks in advance,
Paul 
 Paul,

Here's Yahoo's take on it.  I didn't double check their math--I just assumed it was accurate.  I'll go over it just to make sure--you never know with them...

Description

At the end of the game, if two or more players finish with the same overall point total, the following system will be used to break the tie.

Resolution

At the end of the game, if two or more players finish with the same overall point total, the following system will be used to break the tie:
  1. Closest to the total points scored by both teams in the final game
  2. Closest to the total points scored by the winning team in the final game
  3. Closest to the total points scored by the losing team in the final game
If, at this point, a tie still exists, the entrants will remain tied in the standings. If the tied entrants are both participating in the contest for the $5,000,000 and $10,000 prizes, the prize value will be divided between those entrants, following verification of eligibility. See the Official Rules of the prize contest for more details.

http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?page=content&id=SLN6658&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1365555750830&locale=en_US&y=PROD_SPORTS_P_TOURNEY
~~~~~

Unfortunately, I've run into a bit of an administrative snag.  I don't know who Thomas is, he didn't name his teams according to his screen name (I had just assumed that he did--my fault) and I can't figure it out based on the people who have commented on the thread, or the people who posted in last year's thread for that matter, either.  His entries were Thomas's Unrivaled Bracket and Thomas's Top-Notch Bracket (which he screwed up on and didn't hit "confirm" or "save" or "submit" or whatever, so it was a blank).

As the manager of the pool, I have access to his email address, so I'll email it to give him the instructions that he owes Fjldo.

I don't have any reason to think this Thomas will try to dodge his obligations, but without knowing who he is, I can't PM him to make sure he has the instructions.

Does anyone know who he might be?

If he turns out to be a welcher, I'll cover his entry since this oversight more or less my fault.

Sorry about all this.  Perhaps this might be a sign that I should pass the NCAA pool torch off to someone else who is able to be a bit more active at CP than I'm able to manage between finishing up school and job hunting...

Keep me up to speed, and I'll be sure to let everyone know if I have luck with the email address.

That makes sense I forgot about the Points we entered!  :thumbs: Thank you for the help.

Paul