• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

need a lighter

The best flint lighters are by far Du Pont. I have 5 of them and every one has worked perfectly for years. You do not have to use their expensive rip off refills. I have used Blazer fuel in them all for years. You just have to find the right attachment for it. Other good flint lighters are Davidoff and the Corona Old boy.For the price the Old Boy is the best value in a flint lighter. I also have a Dunhill which is also a quality flint lighter.

For non flint lazer type lighters the best on the market is the Blazer pb207 as bfreebern recommeded. It has a long history of working and never breaking. The tank on it holds enough fluid for weeks at a time. The Prince knockoffs that are being sold are garbage, stay away from them.

Colibris and Prometheus are garbage,they always break and only if you get real lucky do you get one that will last a few years. I have a Colibri that has the three flames and it is the only one that is still working.

The Dupont Extend is made by Colibri so they have a similar track record but they have shown to be a little better than the standard Colibri. I have 2 of these, one is still working but I rarely take it out because the tank on it is so small, you never know when you will run out of fluid.

I have a good source for the Blazer PB207 if anyone is looking for it( I have no affliiation with the store just a satisfied customer). The new ones come with a child safety feature that can be a bit difficult to first figure out, but once you do the lighter is superb.

I would also stay away from anything made by Xikar, there history of making a product that needs to be sent back on a regular basis is well documented.

I have a good source for the Blazer PB207 if anyone is looking for it( I have no affliiation with the store just a satisfied customer). The new ones come with a child safety feature that can be a bit difficult to first figure out, but once you do the lighter is superb.

I'm in the market for a new torch, and the PB207 is on the top of my list. I'd love to get your source.

My current favorite is the Nibo flint (Dupont ripoff). It was $15 off of ebay. Works like a dream. I've had a Z-Plus insert, and it's work ok, but is very very fussy. I don't leave home with it, cause I never know if it's going to work.

I'm in the market for a new torch, and the PB207 is on the top of my list. I'd love to get your source.

Same here.

wow, so many responses. it appears that the colibri's are held in high regard. from what i've been reading i'm leaning towards either a vector or the gemini blazer. the pb-207 doesn't really do it for me asthetically (i know i sound like a prissy boy, but i want my lighter to look nice). question to anyone who has the blazer, is it hard to ignite? (the button that is) also on both the vector and the gemini, fuel longevity doesn't seem to be a huge issue right? or does one of the aforementioned lighters fuel tend to go out quickly.

thanks

The best flint lighters are by far Du Pont. I have 5 of them and every one has worked perfectly for years. You do not have to use their expensive rip off refills. I have used Blazer fuel in them all for years. You just have to find the right attachment for it. Other good flint lighters are Davidoff and the Corona Old boy.For the price the Old Boy is the best value in a flint lighter. I also have a Dunhill which is also a quality flint lighter.

For non flint lazer type lighters the best on the market is the Blazer pb207 as bfreebern recommeded. It has a long history of working and never breaking. The tank on it holds enough fluid for weeks at a time. The Prince knockoffs that are being sold are garbage, stay away from them.

Colibris and Prometheus are garbage,they always break and only if you get real lucky do you get one that will last a few years. I have a Colibri that has the three flames and it is the only one that is still working.

The Dupont Extend is made by Colibri so they have a similar track record but they have shown to be a little better than the standard Colibri. I have 2 of these, one is still working but I rarely take it out because the tank on it is so small, you never know when you will run out of fluid.

I would also stay away from anything made by Xikar, there history of making a product that needs to be sent back on a regular basis is well documented.

Master,

I'm interested in you source also. The Blazer torch sounds like an excellent choice.

I'll PM you.

Jason

I don't have enough fingers to count the number of lighters I have gone through over the last 30 years. I have had the nice "show" lighters and I have used a paper match as well but if your anything like me you'll use it for a while and misplace it or loose it (the worse is having em confiscated though). Do yourself a favor and pick up a NIBO, Vector, Blazer anyone of these gets the job done! I personally love the Vectors and the NIBO just cause I have become cheap when comes to lighters. I would rather pay less for the flame and more on the cigar.

Just my .02 ;)

Siva,
I just posted up a sale for 15% off ALL Prometheus products. The "Intruder" is similar to the PB207 but I prefer the flint/soft flames lighters (currently using the Prometheus Churchill X Palladium plated and love it!)

Hope this helps bro.
~Mark

Lighters I currently use:

1. Colibri Quantum Vortex(I lucked out with one that has been flaughless)
-They run about $79.00 on line. I paid about $100 locally several years ago

2. A cheapo Corona logo torch from the local gas station that changes colors and comes ina tin. Bbut it is suprisingly dependable.

3. The original Blazer GB 2001 Micro TorchA beast of a lighter that I got for free from my my boss at a parttime job at a local high school. Serves the kid for taking a torch like that to school. I saw it in her desk and jumped on it. Runs $40 - $80 dollars. I prefer my free price.