• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Need advice from Illinois Ebay sellers.

sack

'From man's sweat and God's love, beer came to be.
I bought some tickets for Three Floyds Extravaganza and the guy i bought them from charged me taxes, i just read that there's a moratorium on taxes from online retailers until 2014 until the state figures out what the situation is. There are people from Illinois buying from people from other states and there are people from other states buying from Illinois. I called the guy up and told talked with him but he claimed that Ebay made him do it. I spoke with Ebay and they said they don't get involved at this time with taxes. I don't know what my next course of action should be.

I bought some tickets for Three Floyds Extravaganza and the guy i bought them from charged me taxes, i just read that there's a moratorium on taxes from online retailers until 2014 until the state figures out what the situation is. There are people from Illinois buying from people from other states and there are people from other states buying from Illinois. I called the guy up and told talked with him but he claimed that Ebay made him do it. I spoke with Ebay and they said they don't get involved at this time with taxes. I don't know what my next course of action should be.

Report, cease and desist?

Open a complaint with ebay is your only recourse that I see.

Done! Right afterwards i recieved an email from a John Smith asking if i would help him by clicking on the link. Hope i don't have to report it to the cops. Thanks!

Ebay came through and after taking me through the different steps at the resolution center i have been returned the taxs from the transaction. :)