• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Need to Verify

Then why not use the same name here. If you'll notice I use the same moniker on all the cigar boards I am registered with.
That's a very straight-up way to go. Everywhere I am, I'm Ginseng.

Now Steve in Delaware, you've got me in fits because you have a different name on every board you're on. But your grandson is so cute, I'll cut you some slack. ;)

Wilkey
Wilkey, I mean to harm by having 2 different names.
I'm not a dishonest person who is looking to cause trouble on cigars boards. I don't have a good excuse to why I have 2 different names. I hope that the reputation that I have begun to build on the other board will put people at ease in regards to my reputation.
Sorry for the confusion guys!
Oh no, I didn't mean to imply that it was dishonest to have different names on different boards. I just find it confusing is all. And it might be somewhat of an impediment to establishing reputation but that's not a concern everyone could or should have.

Forums are for fun after all.

Wilkey

Need to verify if these HdM Petit Robustos are the real deal?

Clicky

Why do you need to verify the box? What exactly are you unsure of?

It's difficult to tell from pictures alone if it is fake or not. Big red flags that don't show up on pictures are price, who you bought from, and the original source.

If you're unsure, don't buy period.

Just to add to Mr Twain's comments..... one can not verify authenticity from a picture. If you do not trust the source or are unable to tell from smoking one you should pass. You can verify pictures of the box until the cows come home and all you have is an authenticated box. ;)

Why do you need to verify the box? What exactly are you unsure of?

It's difficult to tell from pictures alone if it is fake or not. Big red flags that don't show up on pictures are price, who you bought from, and the original source.

If you're unsure, don't buy period.
Just to add to Mr Twain's comments..... one can not verify authenticity from a picture. If you do not trust the source or are unable to tell from smoking one you should pass. You can verify pictures of the box until the cows come home and all you have is an authenticated box. ;)
This is soooooo true. I've learned this through my investigations as many have learned through years of hard-earned experience. Authenticity is elusive because you might encounter perfect fakes, as I recently have. However, determining that a specimen is counterfeit can often be done with confidence if one knows specific "impossible" features to look for.

Wilkey

I like having the same name on all boards as it gets known who you are and it may help with credibility.

I like having the same name on all boards as it gets known who you are and it may help with credibility.
I fully agree. Internet interactions are inherently impersonal and benefit greatly from any familiarity aids available. Whenever delving beyond innocuous topics such as "cello on or off", it is reassuring to know of whom we are corresponding with. Particularly when it comes to trades or other trust reliant transactions. Even if we ourselves do not know of the person, there is always someone who knows someone within this hobby on internet cigar boards.

Using different pseudonyms is not in and of itself "sneaky", but it does complicate the familiarity process a bit. There are only so many names I can etch into my remaining memory space.

Thanks guys for all your help.
I pulled the trigger and I'll let you know if they are the real deal when I fire one up.
Tom

They came in yesterday and they look and smell awesome.
The box date of these guys are Feb 06.
How much longer should I let them sit before I fire one up?

Thanks,

Rest them a few days to relax off the truck. Then for serious smoking, give them a month at least.

Wilkey

Rest them a few days to relax off the truck. Then for serious smoking, give them a month at least.

Wilkey

Yeah, what he said. Give them a month to settle into your humidor and rest from their travels. Then go ahead and smoke one and see what you think. If you've got good self control smoke a couple, then set the box in the back of your humi where you can't see it and forget about them for a couple years.

I'll add that if cigars don't feel overly wet after their travels, then I will smoke one that same day. Most vendors, however, seem to keep the humidity up high so that they really need the time to dry out a bit. This has been my experience with both domestic and off shore vendors.

Wilkey