• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Need your input to make CP better

is there any way that we could organize cigar reviews? If i want to know what people have written about a certain cigar, I have to search and sift through the threads. Maybe something like that can be done easily and I just don't know about it yet. Just a thought.

bchem said:
is there any way that we could organize cigar reviews? If i want to know what people have written about a certain cigar, I have to search and sift through the threads. Maybe something like that can be done easily and I just don't know about it yet. Just a thought.
[snapback]223269[/snapback]​

I think there's a rule that you're supposed to put the name of the cigar in the title of the thread, and then you can search just the titles of the posts in the "Whatcha been smokin' lately?" forum for the keywords you want.

Lumberg said:
Create a color scheme that has a black background and light text. Easier on the eyes.
[snapback]222507[/snapback]​

i was thinking about something along this line the other night.

a second board skin color. darker than this one.

the tan could be for "natural"

the dark for "maduro"

and i also would like a photo section, in any shape or form. :thumbs:

As far as a photo gallery, I fixed www.cigarphotos.com. Let me know what you think.

Regarding cigar review database:

I have thought long and hard about this. Sure, it's possible and not too difficult to do, however I think allowing users to add their reviews in the forum makes more sense. Only because that allows other users to add their comments, and it's one less database we have to worry about backing up and managing. You can even search in the forum (and you don't even have to be a member!) for cigars that have been reviewed. I will go ahead and modify the cigar review forum section with directions on how to properly post a review. I will also make it more prominent on the homepage...

Thanks.

Maybe put a link to the Photo site up top next to the other links would put it at an easier place.

When you purchased the skin, did they include the blank Photoshop files? I may be able to try making new buttons for the 'live chat room', and the photo site to make it flow with the rest of the design, but it would be easier with a blank. I'm hardly a graphics whiz, but wouldn't mind trying to make some otherwise.

Rod said:
SamClemmons said:
yeah, well, ya haven't adjusted my post count to 0 yet Sally.

NA
[snapback]222980[/snapback]​

Still waiting for you to hit the 2000 post count, Newbie...
[snapback]223005[/snapback]​
OUCH

Rod said:
As far as a photo gallery, I fixed www.cigarphotos.com. Let me know what you think.
[snapback]223584[/snapback]​
what was wrong with it?

How about increasing the size of the PM mailbox storage to maybe 250?

Put some flood control on Lumpy....buwaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhaaaaaaaa :laugh:

a plug-in that automatically plays the sound of crickets chirping every time you scroll past a Leebo8-9-8 post.

Get with the program Limpy, that already exists on your posts....especially where you disclose your idea of a perfect evening....buwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Another vote for more PM space. Maybe you charge extra, I would pay to support the site in exchage for more PM space.

JK

tone-ny said:
Rod, why not add a newbie forum. That way those that are new to cigar smoking can have a central location to find or ask about their new hobby.
[snapback]223050[/snapback]​
Include how to host Passes and PIf's too

Smileys that can flip off should only be allowed for those with over 2000 posts. :whistling:

Leebo8-9-8 said:
Get with the program Limpy, that already exists on your posts....especially where you disclose your idea of a perfect evening....buwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
[snapback]231312[/snapback]​

So which one didn't you like?

Lumberg said:
My idea of a good night:

Kid goes to bed early without much fuss, watch some TV and/or go on internet and/or get some small tasks done in the company of my beautiful wife, have some pleasant sex, and get to sleep early.
[snapback]229481[/snapback]​

or

Lumberg said:
If you want my version of a good night with a cigar involved, here's a nice time I had the other night:

Wife goes out to the gym, and I ask if Billy wants me to show him around my garage. He's like "YEAH! COOL!" so I show him a couple of things, and we end up turning a 2x4 into a big old gun with a bayonet, all while puffing an Opus X Super Beli.
[snapback]229491[/snapback]​

If you find that boring, you have serious problems. Oh wait we already knew that. :whistling:

Rod said:
Regarding cigar review database:

I have thought long and hard about this. Sure, it's possible and not too difficult to do, however I think allowing users to add their reviews in the forum makes more sense. Only because that allows other users to add their comments, and it's one less database we have to worry about backing up and managing. You can even search in the forum (and you don't even have to be a member!) for cigars that have been reviewed. I will go ahead and modify the cigar review forum section with directions on how to properly post a review. I will also make it more prominent on the homepage...
[snapback]223587[/snapback]​

I had been doing some thinking about this one also. Ideally I would like to be able to look up one specific cigar and be able to see every review that anyone on cigarpass has written on that cigar. I know that can be accomplished with the search, but forum searches are clunky and not always very accurate; people misspell, leave out parts of names, don't include vitolas, use abbreviations, etc.

Also, if you were to add a cigar database to the site (which is where this is going), you could do a lot of other things with it also. You could implement some kind of numerical rating system for cigars, where members could add their own personal rating for each cigar. It would be neat to see statistics such as "CigarPass.com's favorite cigar", or favorite by size, favorite under $3, favorite's of members with over 1000 posts, etc. Collecting and storing the data is the hard part. You can do all kinds of neat things with the data once you have it.

I know that is by no means a small task. I was considering what features I would like to have in a website if I were to build one. This was the focal point of my ideas.