• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Needs to collect cigars bands for daughter

I remember one member showing photos of his Walk-in and some yahoo joining and posting that now that he knew where he lived, etc. Creepy.

For example...

View attachment 14002

Between the "guests" and data-mining bots, you have no idea who is viewing this information. An address plus 6 seconds on Google Maps gives someone not only a picture of the residence, but turn-by-turn directions. It's a different world we live in these days.

Nah, not to worry. She's protected by a bunch of military guys. Probably all Air Force, too. NO ONE is going to get between them and the coffee machi.... errrr... his daughter.

This was what I was eluding to. As well as stating what she has to protect herself with and who lives in the building is not a good idea.

You could have simply put to PM you for her address which would be safer.

Nobody lives in the building at that address, it is a bank building with a State Farm Agency in it.

One can also search for your daughter and see that whatever address you gave likely isn't hers but you and her both are associated with an address in Herndon VA.
What gives? What's your true reason here? We're you attempting to create some sort of list and spam people? Or something worse? What gives? What you fail to realize is we are many experts here in sorting through Bull shit.

One can also search for your daughter and see that whatever address you gave likely isn't hers but you and her both are associated with an address in Herndon VA.
What gives? What's your true reason here? We're you attempting to create some sort of list and spam people? Or something worse? What gives? What you fail to realize is we are many experts here in sorting through Bull shit.

I'm guessing it was a mooch, for free cigars being sent, along with cigar bands. Sort of a thing, that an old member "Purobrat" would have done. Then again, maybe not, but that's how this feels to me.

Not to get too OT, but how in the hell do people get bands off so cleanly? I end up having to tear off almost all of mine.

Not to get too OT, but how in the hell do people get bands off so cleanly? I end up having to tear off almost all of mine.

I don't attempt to remove mine until the burn line approaches the band. The heat and humidity breaks down the glue most of the time and they come off in one clean piece. Otherwise, like you, I end up tearing the band, and sometimes the cigar to shreds.

like you, I end up tearing the band, and sometimes the cigar to shreds.
I'm pretty sure some makers glue the band in place, so they all stay nicely lined up in the box. I have a method to get it loose, but not easy to put into words.

I'm pretty sure some makers glue the band in place, so they all stay nicely lined up in the box. I have a method to get it loose, but not easy to put into words.

I squeeze/pinch the cigar through the band to get a portion of the band to raise up from the wrapper. Once I get a portion of the band raised, I will roll the cigar, between my fingers, with that same pressure to get the band to break free of the wrapper all the way around. When it is completely free, I will gently slide it back and forth to see if it will easily pass either end. More often than not, I will wait until I drop ash and slide it off the lit end.

I squeeze/pinch the cigar through the band to get a portion of the band to raise up from the wrapper. Once I get a portion of the band raised, I will roll the cigar, between my fingers, with that same pressure to get the band to break free of the wrapper all the way around. When it is completely free, I will gently slide it back and forth to see if it will easily pass either end. More often than not, I will wait until I drop ash and slide it off the lit end.
That's it.