• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

New Cohiba Band

Light this!

Licensed to Kill
It appears that the band that is used on the Cohiba Piramides Extra is the band that they are going to be using across the Cohiba line. I've seen pictures of the new band on Sig VI's, Lanceros and Robustos only but have not received any cigars with the new band yet. I've read that they are coming in sparingly. I like the idea that they are changing it up a bit trying to prevent counterfeiting but it's always going to happen anyway. 

Has anyone received any cigars with this new band yet?

The band will be this one:

Cohiba_Piramides_Extra-(2).gif

I also see that Trevor updated his site as well and calling it the Cohiba Standard Band G:

http://www.cubancigarwebsite.com/brand.aspx?brand=Cohiba

I have a box of cce's with em. They look sorta goofy on a skinny smoke IMHO.

I have a box of the Piramides Extras from Nov 12 with that band.

Backslide said:
I have a box of cce's with em. They look sorta goofy on a skinny smoke IMHO.

Yeah, they do look a bid odd on skinnier ring gages don't they? I saw a picture of them on Lanceros.

Capt J said:
I have a box of the Piramides Extras from Nov 12 with that band.

I have a box of these as well. I read that when they released the Cohiba Piramides that they also announced that this was the band that they were going to use on the Cohibas. However, I can't find that info anywhere. 

brownpeter335 said:
I think the COHIBA CORONAS ESPECIALES is the most exclusive band of cohinba.
Alright, now I'm convinced that this guy is drinking when he posts.

Light this! said:
Alright, now I'm convinced that this guy is drinking when he posts.
Just drink more when you read his posts and they will make perfect sense.

brownpeter335 said:

Agreed.  I also think that the COHIBA CORONAS ESPECIALES will have a Cohiba band.  They are cigars.

Bump

The Siglo 6 from 2014; just received, have the new band.

I got a couple sticks with the new band when I was at the Cayman Islands. It is indeed beautiful up close.

Capt J said:
Bump

What month? The MAR and APR ones we just got in 5Guys have the old band still. The must have switched part wat through the year.

Tall Paul said:

Bump

What month? The MAR and APR ones we just got in 5Guys have the old band still. The must have switched part wat through the year.

Paul, they are being phased out so it's hit or miss as they use up all the old bands.

Light this! said:

Bump

Paul, they are being phased out so it's hit or miss as they use up all the old bands.

Sweet thanks.

Tall Paul said:

Bump

Sweet thanks.

ULA JUN 14 is the data on the box

I got a box of cohiba robusto with new band 
looks great but the robusto looks to small for that size of band i thinks

I have some CoRo as well. I like the new band across board, its about time they updated. Counterfeiters really need to stop.

La Casa del Habano is an internationally acclaimed franchise chain of Cuban Cigars Shops. If you want to new band cigars this shops is the best option for you.

Light this! said:
It appears that the band that is used on the Cohiba Piramides Extra is the band that they are going to be using across the Cohiba line. I've seen pictures of the new band on Sig VI's, Lanceros and Robustos only but have not received any cigars with the new band yet. I've read that they are coming in sparingly. I like the idea that they are changing it up a bit trying to prevent counterfeiting but it's always going to happen anyway. 

Has anyone received any cigars with this new band yet?

The band will be this one:

Cohiba_Piramides_Extra-(2).gif

I also see that Trevor updated his site as well and calling it the Cohiba Standard Band G:

http://www.cubancigarwebsite.com/brand.aspx?brand=Cohiba
maybe they are fake

brownpeter335 said:
La Casa del Habano is an internationally acclaimed franchise chain of Cuban Cigars Shops. If you want to new band cigars this shops is the best option for you.

Really? Cool! Thanks! You're a wealth of knowledge!

:cool:

-Trey