• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

New Grill Suggestions

golfgar

Bueller.... Bueller...... Anyone....... Anyone?
As the end of the summer approaches, grills generally go on sale. I need a new gas grill and would like to know if anyone has opinions on features. For instance, searing station.....must have or not so much. Thanks, been a while since I bought one.

Weber Genesis line is always gooda!

I have a Ducane (just after before weber discontinued them) - I have a side burner....never used it.
Now - it's nice to have...but nope...not once I can think of.

Go Green Egg! Your stomach will thank you! Yes, it's expensive and not as convenient as igniting a gas burner, but the food that comes off that sucka is so worth it. I can generally have mine ready to cook on in a half hour, and my worry that I'd get tired of messing with the lighting process is a distant memory.

We use it for everything from burgers, smoked meats, Dutch Oven cooking, to pizza.
IMG_0315.JPG IMG_0316.JPG IMG_0317.JPG

I've had a regular Weber grill, for probably 15 years and it's on it's last leg. I've looked at the Weber Performer Deluxe grill, as a possible next grill. I refuse to spend crazy amounts on a grill, but this one seems to fit what I need.

I just got the Weber Summit 4 burner grill last week, early b-day present from the wife and parents. It has a lot of cool features, searing burner between the middle burners, rotisserie burner (with a built in motor), smoker box with a dedicated burner, and a side burner (I probably will never use it). It even has a tank gauge so you know when you are getting low, instead of the surprise half way through your cooking (yes I have a spare tank that is always full)

I wouldn't have ever considered buying this grill for myself because of the price, but with the parents helping out a bit it was a little easier to stomach.

I was going to get the Kitchen Aid grill from Home Depot. It was really nice, and was affordable ($699).

Really depends what you want in a grill, I have the 6 burner charbroil goung on 7yrs , I used the sear burn alot , side burner I'll use now and again not a must have , but beats turning the stove on ,went with charbroil cause it was the biggest out there at the time , if you looking for high end i would look into napoleon or weber , i think i read napoleon has lifetime warrenty

Another vote for Weber Genesis. For what its worth I barely use my regular grill, I do everything on my Traeger. That's not gas and not what you asked for but it would be something to look into before pulling the trigger. I cook everything from hot dogs and burgers to pulled pork and brisket.

I've had a regular Weber grill, for probably 15 years and it's on it's last leg. I've looked at the Weber Performer Deluxe grill, as a possible next grill. I refuse to spend crazy amounts on a grill, but this one seems to fit what I need.
I have one of these as well. I think its going on 5 years and it is great.

Go Green Egg! Your stomach will thank you! Yes, it's expensive and not as convenient as igniting a gas burner, but the food that comes off that sucka is so worth it. I can generally have mine ready to cook on in a half hour, and my worry that I'd get tired of messing with the lighting process is a distant memory.

We use it for everything from burgers, smoked meats, Dutch Oven cooking, to pizza.
View attachment 17700 View attachment 17701 View attachment 17702

I could not agree more...

I have this:
IMG_2222.JPG

But use this:
IMG_2223.PNG

To make this:
IMG_2224.JPG

Me neither. The new Genesis IIs look really nice!

While I agree...I've had two Weber grills previously and on my 3rd one now...it seems they aren't made with the same quality as years ago. I'm in the market as well and have been reading horror stories about the newer Webers. Rust seems to be the number one issue...and a good amount of people are experiencing this in the first year. The Weber warranty includes some tricky wording about rust...if you live near the ocean or have a pool in your back yard...it will VOID the warranty!! It's the salt from the ocean and caustic chemicals from the pool they claim causes the rust.

I know this for a fact as I had the Summit Series and my burners rusted. When I called Customer Service about it (still under warranty) and they saw I lived near the ocean, they gave me a rash of sh*t about it not being covered. I fought back and they finally sent me the parts I needed for free...but they said "this is a one time offer!" I just read a review the other day from someone that lived in Orlando, Florida and Weber disallowed their claim of rust because they lived too close to the ocean...40 miles!! I also had a higher end SS Charbroil (a $600 house warming gift after I lost the Weber in the divorce) that rusted completely through in 3 years...it was always covered with their recommended cover....never again with that brand. It seems the stainless steel used now-a-days is not of the same quality of yesteryear.

A charcoal grill is great on the weekends for smoking and proper grilling...but a gas grill is great during the week when time is of the essence.

PS: One thing is for sure, I'm definitely picking up one of these very shortly as another tool in the grilling arsenal.

While I agree...I've had two Weber grills previously and on my 3rd one now...it seems they aren't made with the same quality as years ago. I'm in the market as well and have been reading horror stories about the newer Webers. Rust seems to be the number one issue...and a good amount of people are experiencing this in the first year. The Weber warranty includes some tricky wording about rust...if you live near the ocean or have a pool in your back yard...it will VOID the warranty!! It's the salt from the ocean and caustic chemicals from the pool they claim causes the rust.

I know this for a fact as I had the Summit Series and my burners rusted. When I called Customer Service about it (still under warranty) and they saw I lived near the ocean, they gave me a rash of sh*t about it not being covered. I fought back and they finally sent me the parts I needed for free...but they said "this is a one time offer!" I just read a review the other day from someone that lived in Orlando, Florida and Weber disallowed their claim of rust because they lived too close to the ocean...40 miles!! I also had a higher end SS Charbroil (a $600 house warming gift after I lost the Weber in the divorce) that rusted completely through in 3 years...it was always covered with their recommended cover....never again with that brand. It seems the stainless steel used now-a-days is not of the same quality of yesteryear.

A charcoal grill is great on the weekends for smoking and proper grilling...but a gas grill is great during the week when time is of the essence.

PS: One thing is for sure, I'm definitely picking up one of these very shortly as another tool in the grilling arsenal.
Damn Gary, that's really disheartening. Weber is known for both well made grills and exceptional customer service. Not a good sign.

I second the request for pics of pizza after your Uuni arrives!