• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

New Irons on order!

I hit a once in a life time 4 iron a couple days ago 243 yards... I was like holy shnickies dude, those clubs gave me at least an extra 20 yards per club...

Very nice! :thumbs:

My index is as low as it's been, my consistency is better....and I shot a 77 (lowest score ever) a few weeks ago!

Now for a story:

I'm at the range with my friend Brian. I'm hitting a 5 iron up hill to a 160ish yard pin. Nice and easy with a little fade over the pin. He asks me what I'm hitting and I tell him. A couple shot later I ask him what he's hitting (to the same pin)....he says 'An 8-iron!'.
Now, I know he can do that as he is a great ball striker and plays a fine draw.
So, I'm like...shit!
I say, hmmm, let me try a 7-iron.
Sure enough, I start hitting the 7 onto the flag...with some ease. COOL.
Well, Brian says....'let me try a 9-iron'.
Yup, he's throwing a 9-iron onto the flag.
Ummm, I can't have that and drop to an 8-iron...solid full strikes and the balls on the pin!!! NICE!
You guessed it...he drops to a PITCHING WEDGE...160ish yards up hill, albeit slightly....and you guessed it...high draws just onto the front of the pin location.
Yea...I tried a 9-iron next....and I got it the the front of the pin location. WOW.

All along I kept a consistent aggressive tempo and let my left side go at the pin and turn...I NEVER thought I'd hit a 9-iron that far...and that accurate.
That was a few weeks ago and since then I've been able to be confident in taking a shorted iron into some pin locations.

What a great experience!

Oh yea, that 5-iron shot....well, on a par-3 from about 190yds....well, it went over the green...Whoops!

Not just over.....WELL over.....I saw it

Great choice of clubs, I cannot get myself over the hump to where I could consistently hit blades. I'm a 9, and I still get eaten alive on a few mis-hits when I take a blade demo set out for a round (a perk of having your best friend be a head pro)

Very nice! :thumbs:

My index is as low as it's been, my consistency is better....and I shot a 77 (lowest score ever) a few weeks ago!

Now for a story:

I'm at the range with my friend Brian. I'm hitting a 5 iron up hill to a 160ish yard pin. Nice and easy with a little fade over the pin. He asks me what I'm hitting and I tell him. A couple shot later I ask him what he's hitting (to the same pin)....he says 'An 8-iron!'.
Now, I know he can do that as he is a great ball striker and plays a fine draw.
So, I'm like...shit!
I say, hmmm, let me try a 7-iron.
Sure enough, I start hitting the 7 onto the flag...with some ease. COOL.
Well, Brian says....'let me try a 9-iron'.
Yup, he's throwing a 9-iron onto the flag.
Ummm, I can't have that and drop to an 8-iron...solid full strikes and the balls on the pin!!! NICE!
You guessed it...he drops to a PITCHING WEDGE...160ish yards up hill, albeit slightly....and you guessed it...high draws just onto the front of the pin location.
Yea...I tried a 9-iron next....and I got it the the front of the pin location. WOW.

All along I kept a consistent aggressive tempo and let my left side go at the pin and turn...I NEVER thought I'd hit a 9-iron that far...and that accurate.
That was a few weeks ago and since then I've been able to be confident in taking a shorted iron into some pin locations.

What a great experience!

Oh yea, that 5-iron shot....well, on a par-3 from about 190yds....well, it went over the green...Whoops!

Vince... I'm not sure what you saw? I saw the ball hit the back of the green and then take a wicked bounce. The ball did, indeed, come to rest well-beyond the green.

Curse those awful loaner clubs I had. I say "rematch" here in LA. :whistling: :thumbs: :D

Vince... I'm not sure what you saw? I saw the ball hit the back of the green and then take a wicked bounce. The ball did, indeed, come to rest well-beyond the green. Ain't that the truth! I'm still not sure if we were down wind! :p

Curse those awful loaner clubs I had. I say "rematch" here in LA. :whistling: :thumbs: :D

LOL-LA it is!!

I love Mizuno irons, I've been thinking about going back to them. I switched to the Callaway blades that Lefty and Els play, they are beautiful clubs, no complaints but I'm finding I just don't get out as much as I'd like so having a muscle back blade is not good for me anymore. It's mainly in the long irons where I feel uneasy.

Anyway, congrats on the new irons.

I love Mizuno irons, I've been thinking about going back to them. I switched to the Callaway blades that Lefty and Els play, they are beautiful clubs, no complaints but I'm finding I just don't get out as much as I'd like so having a muscle back blade is not good for me anymore. It's mainly in the long irons where I feel uneasy.

Anyway, congrats on the new irons.

My longest iron is a 5.

The set then goes to Ping Rapture V2 Hybrids with JavlnFX shafts(23/20/17) and back to a NEW Mizuno MX-700 10.5 driver with a UST ProForce shaft....world of difference!

I may have to look at a 15 degree 3-wood this fall!

:thumbs:

Heard great things about Mizuno irons ... another year or two with the Nike irons, then I'll definitely take some time at the simulator with these to see how if they help me. Accuracy has been more my problem than distance with longer irons.