• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

New Jersey Area

BigJake6904

Fat Texan
Gents,

I was just extended a job offer (finally after 3 months of being unemployed) which will have me training in Florham Park/ Livingston, NJ for a three month period. I'm not sure yet what my schedule or availability will be and I won't be coming up until the middle of February...but I wanted to see which brothers are in the vicinity for a possible HERF.

Gratz on the job Jake! Lotsa BOTLs in that area, or somewhat close.

Congrats on the job. Unfortunately, not really familiar with the NJ area. But if you get to Manhattan...look me up.

[quote name='Smokin'Sims' timestamp='1358542847' post='1121568']
[quote name='Joebunaga' timestamp='1358534417' post='1121556']Gratz on the job Jake! Lotsa BOTLs in that area, or somewhat close.[/quote]

Everyone in NJ is "close" if you think in Texas standards.
[/quote]

True, I stand corrected. :laugh:

[quote name='Joebunaga' timestamp='1358534417' post='1121556']Gratz on the job Jake! Lotsa BOTLs in that area, or somewhat close.[/quote]

[/quote]

...not when you factor in traffic signals, toll booths, and mind numbing traffic jams.

I've driven from San Antonio to Houston in less time than it took me to drive from Newark to my house at the Jersey Shore!...and that's doing 95 on Interstate 10 :laugh:

Keep in touch Jake, we'd love to take you out to dinner and a smoke while you're here.

Houston can be a beast as well. Depending on time and luck. My 30 mile commute at the wrong time could take 1.5 hours without a major accident.

[quote name='ironpeddler' timestamp='1358552822' post='1121596']

[/quote]

...not when you factor in traffic signals, toll booths, and mind numbing traffic jams.

I've driven from San Antonio to Houston in less time than it took me to drive from Newark to my house at the Jersey Shore!...and that's doing 95 on Interstate 10 :laugh:

Keep in touch Jake, we'd love to take you out to dinner and a smoke while you're here.
[/quote]

For sure! I will only be about 20mi. west of the Newark Airport. I was there this week, but was only in town less than 24 hours and didn't have time to try and set something up.

[quote name='Smokin'Sims' timestamp='1358533792' post='1121554']
Congrats on the job Jake.
[/quote]

Thanks! It's a very promising opportunity in the Wire and Cable industry. They want to expand the oil and gas business in Southern Texas and along the Gulf Coast. I suppose I convinced them I'm their guy after having 9 interviews.

I know the area you're going to very well, it's only about 75 miles or so from our house. Once you have the details and you get settled in, we'll come up and get you to eat some beef, drink whiskey, and smoke cigars :thumbs:

Where you're going is a nice high end area with big expensive houses and good restaurants. We should do OK....

Also, right down Rt.10 from you is a JR Cigars...not that we buy cigars there, but it has a bar and you can enjoy a little something to eat, smoke, and relax. That could be your go-to place while you're there. Will you have a rental car while you're up here?

Congrats Jake! We'll definitely take a road trip to come see you and Herf it up once you arrive....... :) :thumbs: :cool:

I know the area you're going to very well, it's only about 75 miles or so from our house. Once you have the details and you get settled in, we'll come up and get you to eat some beef, drink whiskey, and smoke cigars :thumbs:

Where you're going is a nice high end area with big expensive houses and good restaurants. We should do OK....

Also, right down Rt.10 from you is a JR Cigars...not that we buy cigars there, but it has a bar and you can enjoy a little something to eat, smoke, and relax. That could be your go-to place while you're there. Will you have a rental car while you're up here?

I'm not sure if I will have a rental or if I will be making the drive up in my truck from Texas. It would suck to drive 1500 miles with a manual and no cruise control, but I'm not going to go three months without wheels one way or another.

Dates are set. I will be flying in on Super Bowl Sunday for my ~3 month stay and will begin working on Feb. 4th.

I will be provided with a car for while I'm in town...thankfully I won't have to deal with driving my truck 1500 miles each way.

Congrats Jake! We'll definitely take a road trip to come see you and Herf it up once you arrive....... :) :thumbs: :cool:
sounds good to Mr and we'll get Isy in on this too. Isy has been trying to get me to meet up with him and Gary anyway.

Jake what hotel are you staying at? if this isn't that far of a ride I would consider a road trip down when you all get together!

Paul

Well that's about 4 hours (doing 65 but in MA the normal speed is 85) south for me if you guys get together on a Saturday afternoon let me know. If I am available I will make a trip down for a nice HERF with you guys.

thefatguy said:
sounds good to Mr and we'll get Isy in on this too. Isy has been trying to get me to meet up with him and Gary anyway.
Charlie count me in for that one - I'm ready for a road trip...